PDA

View Full Version : New DD 12.0 Lite Rail hardware?

PrivateCitizen
08-30-09, 15:25
I have seen a few comments geared toward the most recent revision of DD Lite Rails. Not sure how 'new' these are.

It indicates that low profile gas blocks do not need to be removed for installation.

Does anyone have a shot of the hardware they are using?

Second, can anyone confirm this fits over a PRI, TOY, or VLTOR low profile blocks?

Thanks in advance.

spamsammich
08-30-09, 15:38
Any recent Lite rail will fit over a low profile gas block provided it is shaped like the Vltor low profile block. The Lite rails without holes along the bottom rail should fit just fine. I've posted some shots of my rifles in the past, if you search for my user name, you'll probably find them.

BillBond
08-30-09, 15:49
The rail will fit over a Vltor low profile gas block, but the barrel nut will not.

:cool:

m24shooter
08-30-09, 15:50
I have a Lite installed over a DD low pro gas block. I switched uppers on this yesterday and I did not have to remove the gas block.

PrivateCitizen
08-30-09, 16:04
To clarify:

I am asking if they can be assembled over a fitted gas block without removing the block, not whether it fits on completion.

BillBond, I think that answered it.

M24, what was the block on the upper you moved it to? ( or maybe that was the DD low …)

The photo I was looking for was of the mount hardware and barrel nut.

I guess the more succinct question is will the barrel nut for a DD Lite clear a low profile gas block? (And for that matter will a standard barrel nut clear it coming off?)

The product page at GTS seems to indicate the new revisions do work, which is what I am after specifically.

Cheers all.

m24shooter
08-30-09, 16:15
EDITED:
I just eyeballed the Lite nut against the rail. The diameter of the nut is about the same as the rounded sections of the rail opening. The DD low pro gas block extendes too far vertically above and below that arc to fit inside the nut. I don't think it will work. The gas block will have to come off.

BillBond
08-30-09, 18:54
To clarify:

I guess the more succinct question is will the barrel nut for a DD Lite clear a low profile gas block? (And for that matter will a standard barrel nut clear it coming off?)

No for both questions.

:cool:

spamsammich
08-31-09, 00:41
gas blocks absolutely have to be removed for the initial installation. The gas blocks are tall enough to hold the gas tube, there is no way any barrel nut DD or otherwise will clear a gas block.