PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SSA in stock at Carolina Mountain Tactical and Bravo Co

dookie1481
08-31-09, 11:16
Thought you guys may want to know.

Jay

rob_s
08-31-09, 11:19
I just got an email that Bravo Company has them in as well. Looks like Geissele really broke loose with a big batch.

C4IGrant
08-31-09, 11:20
We have the SSA's in stock as well. ;)

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Geissele/ssa.jpg

dookie1481
08-31-09, 11:22
Wow three distributors at once?!

Jay

SV650Squid
08-31-09, 19:16
Wow three distributors at once?!

Jay

ADCO too. Apparently, their 7+ month backorder list is filled, and they actually still have some sitting on shelves according to TOS.

Voodoochild
08-31-09, 19:18
I dropped one of the SSA trigger units into my MK12 and that trigger is freaking sweet. Well worth the money that is for sure.

Outrider
08-31-09, 19:37
I picked up a Geissele SSA trigger online from Carolina Mountain Tactical. I dealt with Lynn who was helpful and friendly. A week later, UPS delivered it and I installed it the same day. It's a nice upgrade. It's lighter, smoother trigger.

RetreatHell
08-31-09, 20:08
I saw this trigger yesterday at G&R while browsing... how does it differ from the other 2-stage trigger that Geissele offers? Is this one NOT adjustable and preset at a permanent weight?

And does anyone know how this compares (weight and pull wise) to the KAC 2-stage trigger?

ETA: Okay so I went to Bravo Company's site and discovered that they are NOT adjustable, answering one of my own questions. I also noticed it said these are for "small pin (mil-spec) lowers." Does that mean it will fit in any lower OTHER THAN Colt? I always get mixed up with which rifle(s) has the small trigger and hammer pin holes, and which rifle(s) has the larger holes.

Caeser25
08-31-09, 20:50
Are these worth the extra $ over a Bill Springfield trigger job :confused:

bluedog
08-31-09, 21:37
Are these worth the extra $ over a Bill Springfield trigger job :confused:

For me they are because I would not use a modified or touched up trigger on a SD weapon.

mmike87
08-31-09, 21:43
I saw this trigger yesterday at G&R while browsing... how does it differ from the other 2-stage trigger that Geissele offers? Is this one NOT adjustable and preset at a permanent weight?

And does anyone know how this compares (weight and pull wise) to the KAC 2-stage trigger?

ETA: Okay so I went to Bravo Company's site and discovered that they are NOT adjustable, answering one of my own questions. I also noticed it said these are for "small pin (mil-spec) lowers." Does that mean it will fit in any lower OTHER THAN Colt? I always get mixed up with which rifle(s) has the small trigger and hammer pin holes, and which rifle(s) has the larger holes.

Yes, they should fit any lower other than large pin Colts. However, newer Colt's are now small pin, too I believe.

These triggers are pretty much considered the best of the best by most folks. Whereas other two-stage triggers have seen failures by members of this board, I've never seen anyone claim that these triggers have failed, and they are some of the only two-stage triggers that are viable options for hard use. They are highly sought after.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-31-09, 21:59
For me they are because I would not use a modified or touched up trigger on a SD weapon.

I've wondered about that. People don't want a smithed trigger, but they use a uber expensive custom one. Does either one really protect you from the arguement that the gun went off when you didn't mean for it to? Really anything other than a mil-spec trigger is a potential liability. Yes, I'd trust the G-trigger over a Springfield job, but both are mod' triggers in 99.999% to the GP.

I'm going to get an SSA trigger, if that means anything....