PDA

View Full Version : Drag bags

10fcp
08-31-09, 23:02
I have read through constant threads about equipment and was wondering what drag bags you guys prefer and why. I have heard good things on Tac Ops bags on another forum and haven't heard much about them here.

andy t
09-01-09, 09:26
I don't use a drag bag since it's a specialized piece of equipment - used by snipers during the stalk.
However, when I head down to the range I have Eagle Scoped rifle soft case for scoped rifle that can comfortable fit a Rem700 with 26" bbl and a scope mounted on it.
http://www.eagletacticalsupply.com/pictures/SR49BP.jpg

maximus83
09-01-09, 13:08
As AndyT says, a drag bag is rather specialized and may be overkill for some cases.

However, I decided to get one for the following reasons. First of all, if you buy the right configuration in a drag bag, you can actually fit TWO rifles in there. Not two large, fully scoped rifles, but I can fit something like a full-size, scoped precision rifle (my scoped .308 bolt action), and a smaller profile rifle (such as an M4, or a 10-22). There is sort of a divider in the main inner compartment, so if strap down one of the rifles very well and separate them with the divider, you can definitely haul two in there.

Another thing is that, depending on the drag bag, they can have a TON of nice extra pockets and options for storing stuff. Many of them have a carrier for cleaning rods. Nearly all will have compartments for mags, cleaning gear, and mine also has a compartment for a pistol.

For me, even though I'm usually just heading to the range, and taking a drag bag probably risks making me look like a mall ninja or something, I find it to be a really useful way to haul gear to the range. I like it far better than bringing two separate rifle cases, and a large range gear bag. Using my drag bag, I can bring two rifles, plus everything I need, for a 2-hour range session.

This Midway model is identical to the one I got. These run about $90:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=294902