PDA

View Full Version : knoxx Stocks

Dave L.
02-10-07, 02:05
Anyone try one of those new Knoxx recoil absorbing stocks. At first they were appealed to me, then I watched the videos on their website and noticed how the shotgun receiver actually slides over the pistol grip over an inch!

Dave L.
02-10-07, 21:49
http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/SpecOpsStock.html

Click the watch video and watch how the stock absorbs the recoil

Vinnie
02-11-07, 14:31
I have one installed on my 590 mossy and all I can say is it's an awesome piece of kit. That being said you do have to retrain yourself in order to use it properly. So if you put your cheek on the reciver then yes your going to get bonked, but by standing off the reciver and getting a cheek weld on the stock you'll have no problems. I lent my shotty to a buddy of mine who is the range officer for a local dept here in Oakland county to give it a run through at thier quals. He shot over 100 rounds of 00 buck and slug with no bruise on his shoulder at all. The other officers also ran it through the ringer and came away impressed.

Seth Harness
02-11-07, 18:44
i was wondering how the axiom v/s works. i get the others just not that one.
i have a model 700 300 mag and i would love to take some recoil out of it.
a cooler lookin stock would work out too.

Dave L.
02-12-07, 03:16
i was wondering how the axiom v/s works. i get the others just not that one.
i have a model 700 300 mag and i would love to take some recoil out of it.
a cooler lookin stock would work out too.

The axiom works the exact same way all the rest of them do. The entire barreled receiver slides over the pistol grip over an inch to absorb the recoil before your shoulder does. I just don't know how durable these are. They use springs and springs eventually wear out. I guess if tax payers are paying for them it's no big deal but out of pocket...eh...just don't know. What if a spring breaks or gets weak...your shoulder starts to hurt again anyway.

Vinnie
02-12-07, 20:10
Well I have well over 2000 rounds on my knoxx stock so far and nary a hint of slop to speak of.

Seth Harness
02-12-07, 23:16
I watched the axiom v/s video twice to see. theres a spring inside the stock, between the butt plate of the stock and the would be (for lack of a better term)buffer tube. looks somewhat durable, dosent look like alot could go wrong. your right about spring wearing out though. 5 bills is pretty tall for me.
its cool though.:cool:

"Whomever fights monsters should see to it that in the process
he does not become a monster". -unknown-