PDA

View Full Version : 5 years ago today: Beslan Massacre

30 cal slut
09-01-09, 12:06
1) are there any after-action reports that document how effective the russians were in taking back the school. the high casualty rate seems to say one thing ... but then again ...

2) how devious were the terrorists?

thanks.

Brad519
09-01-09, 12:47
Read this book. It's a detailed book about the massacre. I'm half way through it and it was a dreadful story. Great writing but dreadful story.
http://www.terroratbeslan.com/

9Y10C
09-01-09, 15:22
1) are there any after-action reports that document how effective the russians were in taking back the school. the high casualty rate seems to say one thing ... but then again ...

thanks.

Contact Retired Lt Col Dave Grossman (www.killology.com). He gave a great presentation of incident at a training seminar I recently attended. An impressive man...

NinjaMedic
09-01-09, 16:42
Sorry wrong info. Started to respond about a different incident.

JHC
09-01-09, 17:17
I expected and feared this sort of attack would be one of "follow up" attacks after 9/11. I can't imagine worse.

Nathan_Bell
09-01-09, 17:57
I expected and feared this sort of attack would be one of "follow up" attacks after 9/11. I can't imagine worse.

They want to anger and annoy us enough that we get bad press world wide. They do not want us to pop nukes over major ME cities.

Breslan type attack in the US would have terrifying worldwide repercussions.

JHC
09-01-09, 18:06
Quite BRILLIANT observation Nathan. Our wrath would have no bounds.

Safetyhit
09-01-09, 18:15
Beslan was the most disgraceful display of humanity in recent memory. Muslims across the world should have stood up and expressed their utter outrage of such a crime being carried out in the name of islam. This under any circumstance.

I can't seem to recall a single such demonstration anywhere. Speaks volumes.

Abraxas
09-01-09, 19:00
Beslan was the most disgraceful display of humanity in recent memory. Muslims across the world should have stood up and expressed their utter outrage of such a crime being carried out in the name of islam. This under any circumstance.

Time after time they should have stood up, and yet nothing. That they say nothing absolutely speaks volumes. But don't worry, we can just talk to them and it will be ok:rolleyes:

randolph
09-01-09, 19:54
They want to anger and annoy us enough that we get bad press world wide. They do not want us to pop nukes over major ME cities.

Breslan type attack in the US would have terrifying worldwide repercussions.

I pray that you are correct...

bkb0000
09-01-09, 20:26

Why would they? the Prophet Faghammed said all infidels are to be killed or converted, whichever is convenient. He, himself, claimed to have killed something like 500 infidels, and he didn't offer the option of conversion for most. nor did he discriminate children from adults.

if you have Netflix, watch Islam: What The West Needs To Know. the title says it all.

True Believers shed no tears when infidels die- there is no such thing as an "innocent" infidel. Real, devout Muslims, who read the Qur'an and believe it like Literalist Christians believe the Bible, should and do sing praise to Allah every time an infidel is brutally murdered, regardless of sex, age or deed.

VA_Dinger
09-01-09, 20:33

Absolutely awesome post and I could not agree more.

Safetyhit
09-01-09, 21:10
I have never been able to fathom why it is that the incident did not do more to raise muslim awareness of the horrors being committed in their name, let alone the rest of the world. On top of that, the scope and intent of the act was second only to 9/11, yet somehow the world has forgotten that horror show.

And if it was not a close rival to 9/11, considering hundreds of elementary school children were specifically targeted and subsequently killed, I would challenge anyone to explain why not.

Russia must have been scared of further implications after the vigorously quelled Chechen uprisings, because they treated the incident like a major crime as opposed to what it really was, a sanctioned act of war via the most inconceivable and immoral means.

Shadow1198
09-02-09, 02:25
3 word solution. B52 carpet bombing. :D

John_Wayne777
09-02-09, 06:58

I do remember the Palestinians throwing a party and giving each other gifts on 9/11.

Hmmm....

subzero
09-02-09, 08:41
I do remember the Palestinians throwing a party and giving each other gifts on 9/11.

Hmmm....

I still recall those images on CNN the day of the attacks. Palestinians dancing in the streets, burning US flags, and so on.

I don't recall seeing this being reported on any other day following the attacks. Makes me wonder if CNN was making it up and using stock footage or if it really happened and we all just forgot. I've never looked into it because I'm afraid of the answer.

RWK
09-02-09, 14:36

The Russians were dealt a really, really bad hand and had to play it out. From all I've read and seen, I don't see that there was any way it was going to be resolved without a high body count.

Thomas M-4
09-02-09, 14:51
I still recall those images on CNN the day of the attacks. Palestinians dancing in the streets, burning US flags, and so on.

I don't recall seeing this being reported on any other day following the attacks. Makes me wonder if CNN was making it up and using stock footage or if it really happened and we all just forgot. I've never looked into it because I'm afraid of the answer.

It was real they were holding images of the towers burning.:mad:

Surf
09-02-09, 20:21
The Russians were dealt a really, really bad hand and had to play it out. From all I've read and seen, I don't see that there was any way it was going to be resolved without a high body count.Correct. Unfortunately the first guys to run up against such an incident are going to be the guinea pigs so to speak, that we all try to learn lessons from. There are numerous AAR's going around, especially in the LE / intel community. Some are very detailed and very good. Unfortunately incidents such as Beslan or Mumbai, you are in for a bloody outcome no matter what. We can only hope to lesson the blood shed from learning from mistakes made, adjusting our LE mindset, our gear, training and response.

Without getting into any detail, the bottom line, it is very very difficult to stop a bloody incident from happening, if you have a well trained, organized and determined group who wish to carry it out. But hopefully we can lessen the blow as much as possible.

HMFIC
09-03-09, 02:32
To get an understanding of Muslim ideology, I suggest this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Because-They-Hate-Survivor-Islamic/dp/0312358377

Her site:

http://americancongressfortruth.com/

Also suggest the book detailing the Beslan school incident.

http://www.amazon.com/Terror-Beslan-Russian-Tragedy-Americas/dp/0976775301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251962526&sr=1-1