PDA

View Full Version : The Man Purse.... fess up!

Jon G23
09-01-09, 14:03
Ok guys. Who really carries some gear in one of these and what is the brand/make of the one you use?

I got more sh!t to haul than my wife! I am thinking I may get something like an Eagle E&E bag or a Fatboy or along those lines. Then I'd always have the stuff that gets left at home too often.

Lets here about it and pics would be cool too!

Thanks

Gutshot John
09-01-09, 14:17
I use a Fatboy, especially when I'm on vacation and can pretend it's a camera bag.

Even my wife has commented that she has "bag envy".

MarshallDodge
09-01-09, 14:29
I picked up one of these at an army surplus store. It is built really well and has two years of use without showing much for wear.
http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/gear/bag2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/gear/bag3.jpg

With the added pouch it holds all this and more:

http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/gear/bagcontents.jpg

I am in the car a lot for business and it goes almost everywhere with me and has come in handy a few times.

My other pack is similar to this one but is an REI. I bought it cheap at a resale shop just to try it out and I am really liking it.
http://www.sunnysports.com/Image/Product/Large/MTSHR.jpg

Iraq Ninja
09-01-09, 14:42
I wear one at work, and get a lot of jokes from my team because of it. I got the idea from MilitaryMoron a few years ago.

I use it mostly for a first line med kit, with just a bandage and some tape. It is what I call my first line med kit. My 2nd line is on my vest.

I also carry a flashlight, caffeine gum, and anything else I need to. It is really my admin pouch.

Endom makes the pouch.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/IMG_7610-1.jpg

MIKE G
09-01-09, 15:29

Jerm
09-01-09, 16:17
I have the same Fatboy that's in the "Grant's murse" thread.

It's for occasional urban/suburban carry.I'll probably pick up another in all foliage or khaki for the woods...Khaki would match my boots nicely.:cool:

awm14hp
09-01-09, 16:17
those timbuk2 bags are good stuff I looked at a few I am going to get one soon I like the sheep friendly colors they come in and they blend more than some of the tac bags

Dirk Williams
09-01-09, 17:29
I use a SOTECH Go Bag as a sniper/counter sniper bag. It has a 50 oz water bladder, "Bladder not included" Several pockets on the interior allow individual vail storage, a rain poncho, and ammo storage.

Another pocket in front allows for my wind meter, a small dope book, and, small red lense flash light, compass, and sometimes a small GPS. and my range data cards. An inner rear pocket is used to store sealed tuna and salmon packs for snacks/meals.

The bag has those webs sown on it for attaching other items. My range finder is clipped onto that webbing. I use a rifle tray also made by SOTECH on top to center the rifle for shooting.

Looks silly as hell but it works very very well. This Go bag will be with me everytime we head into the hills. Also made right here in the USA.

I was looking for something very light weight after carrying useless gear for years in a regular backpack. This appears to be the ticket for my specific needs.

I also have a maxpadition bag, but to be honest I haven't even used it for evaluation, I was that happy with the other one.

Respectfully, DDW

kaiservontexas
09-01-09, 17:59
I have a Maxped. I have been known to lug around, which also has an FR-1 pouch attached for more capacity. Right now it is on get home duty.

Pic after I attached the FR-1 to it.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/crusaderwyn/Gear/FR-113.jpg

uspopo
09-01-09, 19:29
I have a Timbuk2 Commuter bag that is very sheeple friendly and an EggRoll 'Neville' bag that I use when I am back in California. My favorite larger manpurse would be the HSGI 'Armordilla' messenger bag..:D

DARKARCHER
09-01-09, 19:50
I have a Maxped. I have been known to lug around, which also has an FR-1 pouch attached for more capacity. Right now it is on get home duty.

Pic after I attached the FR-1 to it.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/crusaderwyn/Gear/FR-113.jpg

what model of maxped is that ..i have the jumbo veripack ....i use it mostly when im out of town..

Tennvol12345
09-02-09, 09:12
I bought a Fatboy Jumbo a few years ago and find it pretty uncomfortable, probably because all the weight rides on 1 shoulder and it likes to rotate its way around my waist to the small of my back.

Jon G23
09-02-09, 09:56
I'm thinking I'll try a fatboy S but now I am trying to decide... OD or Blue!? OD looks good but sheeple might wonder.... the Blue looks pretty good on the web site, but maybe too yuppie for an old guy!? So..... a little more thought and I might pull the trigger as they say! I like the idea of using one of these while at the gym on the bike or treadmill or whatever.... nice to have the 45 nearby just in case somebody gets pissed that their program just aint workin.... on that note, remember, a guy snapped at a LA Fitness just the other day and shot the place up... all because he hadn't had a date in years!! The 45 may have come in handy had someone had one nearby!

sl4mdaddy
09-02-09, 11:16
I don't have a personal picture handy but carried a Mountain Smith Lumbar Pack (day series) for several months during an OCONUS trip way back when. Had a water bottle on each end, extra radio battery, mags, protein bars and still room fo' mo' stuffs.

http://www.mountainsmith.com/products.asp?subCategoryId=3&categoryId=4

LOKNLOD
09-02-09, 13:16
Here's my everyday bag - a Maratac range bag from CountyComm. I don't typically carry it around with me but it helps drag my crap from house to truck to office to field and back. It's big enough to fit my laptop when needed (and padded to accomodate) and has a removable velcro divider in the main pocket that has a velcro holster and mag loops. It's big enough that it's easy to overload to the point it's tiresome to carry very far. I added the little Maxpedition pouch as a catchall but haven't really figured out the exact use of it yet.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/Gear/7-31-09025.jpg

kaiservontexas
09-02-09, 14:20
what model of maxped is that ..i have the jumbo veripack ....i use it mostly when im out of town..

Jumbo

Here a dead on picture since the lack of seeing the Nalgene water bottle holder threw ya.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/crusaderwyn/Gear/FR-112.jpg

BigTime
09-02-09, 21:42
Looks more like range bags you guys are talking about.Reminds me when Hulk Hogan's family bought him a man purse and he threw it in a wishing well at the mall they were shoping at,pretty good laugh there.:D

DARKARCHER
09-02-09, 23:43
i thought it was ...what dose she hold :Dill get pics of mine tomorrow .....

kmrtnsn
09-03-09, 00:18
Hell, I won't even carry an umbrella; I'd rather get wet and I ain't carrying no damn man purse either.

civilian
09-03-09, 13:07
LOK, that looks huge! I've been lugging around a Maxpedition Operator Tactical Attache I picked up from them at the SHOT Show this year as my daily work bag when I'm not wearing a suit, but commented to a buddy that I would never take it into the field. The Shoulder strap plastic attachment points make all sorts of noise as you're walking with the bag.

Here's my everyday bag - a Maratac range bag from CountyComm. I don't typically carry it around with me but it helps drag my crap from house to truck to office to field and back. It's big enough to fit my laptop when needed (and padded to accomodate) and has a removable velcro divider in the main pocket that has a velcro holster and mag loops. It's big enough that it's easy to overload to the point it's tiresome to carry very far. I added the little Maxpedition pouch as a catchall but haven't really figured out the exact use of it yet.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/Gear/7-31-09025.jpg

August
09-03-09, 14:03
I bought a Fatboy Jumbo a few years ago and find it pretty uncomfortable, probably because all the weight rides on 1 shoulder and it likes to rotate its way around my waist to the small of my back.

Yup. I got a Fatboy about a year ago. I use it, but I don't like it. Here are my gripes.

1. The fabric is VERY stiff. It doesn't conform to the body and it is noisy.

2. The strap is EXTREMELY wide and stiff. This makes the actual strap very uncomfortable, regardless of the amount of weight in the bag. The strap cushion doesn't help, as it just adds bulk and doesn't sit in the right place on the strap.

3. The "special" pockets are all too small for the item they are made to carry. My normal sized glasses case will not fit in the "glasses" pocket and my Motorola Razor won't fit in the "phone" pocket.

4. The zippers were hideously noisy, so I cut the finger pieces off and replaced them with 550 cord.

5. In general, the bag is OVER engineered which makes the user have to conform to it, rather than serving the user by being flexible in meeting individual demands.

I'm sorry I bought it. I am on the hunt for a CANVAS bag with two main pockets that has a CANVAS strap. I like the size of the Fatboy and wish I could find a canvas bag of similar proportions.

There's my $.02.

fourXfour
09-03-09, 23:24
I've owned a few of the murses (fatboy, bailout etc). I prefer a normal discreet backpack. Eagle makes a nice one. I pretty much keep a Camelbak pack loaded that I occasionally carry.

Spade
09-04-09, 00:03
Not sure if this falls exactly in line with a murse but Jeff Randall at Rat Cutlery had what I thought was a good write up on his "go bag" he uses a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II Pack. It may be overkill for some but I really find how uses it & the intent of it to be very interesting & I am considering doing something very similar. here is a link to the write up.

http://www.ratcutlery.com/bug_out_bags.pdf

kaltblitz
09-04-09, 17:56
I've been using a Maxpedition Fatboy since 12/08. I was a hold out because I didn't like the idea, but it's been serving me well and his filled a niche.

Here are a couple pics:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/KevH/maxpeditionbag1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/KevH/maxpeditionbag2.jpg

I posted a review a few months ago. Do a search and you should find it.

threeheadeddog
09-04-09, 20:39
I live by this motto, WWJWD----What Would John Wayne Do----I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be carrying a purse... sorry murse.

But seriously I see the point and have thought many times about getting a lefty version of the maxpedition versa pack (so I still have access to my handgun which I prefer on me not im a bag) but cant seem to pull the trigger on buying one as I have some kind of problem with such things.
It must be that I was raised by real men in Montana who never wore shorts and wouldn't be caught dead in flip-flops, but the mention of a MAN-PURSE would likely break my poor grandmas heart and cause a 60+ year old grandpa with no thumb to woop the tar out of me then hand me a gun and tell me to go out back and shoot something so I can remember what it was like to be a man.

all in good fun and jest but remember WWJWD :D

Audacia77
09-05-09, 08:00
I live by this motto, WWJWD----What Would John Wayne Do----I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be carrying a purse... sorry murse.

Of course you have the other side of the coin... WWJBD----What Would Jack Bauer Do----He carries a purse... sorry murse.

I have tried and carried several sholder bags, messanger bags, etc and have found that they all have been uncomfortable. I have since thrown them all in the wind and started to carry book bags.

My 2¢

threeheadeddog
09-05-09, 09:21
touche,

of course I have never seen 24(I know how sad) and have always been more influenced by my elders than popular culture.

BTW in case your drawing preconcieved ideas about me. I am not some old guy(I often get accused of being such on the internet) I am only 25, but again I have in fact been heavily influenced buy many "old guys".

00leland00
09-05-09, 09:42
John Wayne had a horse with saddlebags to carry all his gear. I have a Jumbo that serves only as a GHB which resides in my vehicle. I too am influenced by older generations, and while some might not condone the idea of carrying a bag full of gear (or murse) they can't help but agree with the reasoning behind it.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/qball00980/guns/DSCI0424.jpg

Jon G23
09-05-09, 09:45
John Wayne had a horse with saddlebags to carry all his gear. I have a Jumbo that serves only as a GHB which resides in my vehicle. I too am influenced by older generations, and while some might not condone the idea of carrying a bag full of gear (or murse) they can't help but agree with the reasoning behind it.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/qball00980/guns/DSCI0424.jpg

Plus John Wayne could open carry and he often would throw his saddle bags over a shoulder when heading into the hotel or whatever... so in fact, he had a Murse of the old west style! Good Point!!

carolvs
09-05-09, 22:58
(Here's my review of the TNT bag which I just finished and was going to start a new post for, but it fits this topic.)

I've had the EMDOM/MM TNT bag for about 5 months now, and being the easily-bored gear junkie that I am I had a look around to see what was new, but couldn't find anything that would appear to suit as well as this has for EDC use and for travel. I did a first impression review for some friends back when I got it, but I'm inclined to do a longer term review for something that has served so well.

I'll note up front that this will be a review without pics, as I sold my last digicam on Ebay some time ago, sorry, but MM has high quality pics on his site:

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/packs3.html

As a person who tends to walk most places, an everyday bag is a necessity. I have always had the unfortunate tendency to be drawn to bags a bit on the James Bond bling side. Zero Halliburton attaches are cool, but they attract attention and comments everywhere. Anything overtly miltary-looking has been likewise, from assault packs to go bags -- my S.O. Tech Go Bag in MC was a even bigger attention-getter than my ZH, literally making jaws drop in passersby.

The challenge of getting something with the quality of the latest Cordura tactical packs, but with the low profile of a cheap nylon bag from Target led me to hunt through various shoulder bags. I recalled the buzz around "Spartan" bags that took hold some time ago, but they seemed to have all disappeared. Luckily, while looking for Spartan bags I happened across the TNT bag designed by MM and made by EMDOM. I bought one in SDU grey back in April.

In person it looks basically like a relatively innocuous weekend travel bag, whereas in the photos it looked a bit more attache-like. The near complete lack of attention it has garnered has been refreshing. Though as a clandestine tactical bag I would have preferred that the EMDOM label be sewn on the inside (like my Tumi shoulder bag's), and the two loop panels on the outer pockets could be dispensed with. All those do is make sheeple ask, "Why is there velcro?" On the whole though, I think it much less overtly tactical-looking than the typical Cordura attaches and bugout bags from Maxpedition and such.

Overall the workmanship is clearly better than the Tactical Tailor and S.O. Tech gear I've had, and near to that of my Tumi bag -- so while it is an expensive bag I'd call it fairly priced given the complexity of the design and the quality of execution. After five months of daily use it looks as new as when I got it.

The "SDU" grey color is excellent -- no buyer's remorse there. It is hard to resist MultiCam when available, but for low profile use in an urban setting MC is a red flag. I am very glad that I chose the grey. The contrasting liner in the outer pockets appears to be a smoke green color, with foliage green trim. All of the webbing and the GhillieTEX hardware is also foliage green. At a distance, it all just looks grey.

The ~1000 cu in. capacity of the main compartment is adequate for daily use, and carrying much more would be uncomfortable for a single-strap bag. Having external water bottle pockets is nice as it keeps condensation off of anything in the main compartment. I don't have a CCW so I have yet to use the gun pocket. The two outer pockets are great for organizing everything from first aid gear to cellphone, pens, and other such items, though I have yet to need the hidden pockets. The rather well-padded newspaper pocket looks like it could fit an armor plate -- always meant to ask MM about that.

While it is a common bit of cultural humor to call bags like this a "man purse" or "murse," this is the first bag I've ever owned that effectively functions that way. With backpacks and with every other shoulder bags I've tried I always end up with a bunch of things still in my pockets, whether cellphone or keys, etc., due to issues with organization and convenience. The TNT lets me empty my pants pockets while keeping everything in easy reach; especially without the barrier of a flap and external locks as on a messenger-style bags. The frequent access pocket along the top is genius, and I use it frequently for keys, lip balm, and an ARC LS flashlight.

My only quibbles are:

1. The bag is advertised as having GhillieTEX hardwear throughout, but there are a few places where metal sliders were used on the straps instead.

2. The waist belt is advertised as being removeable. This is only true of the long end, as the short end is sewn through a metal slider. That thin slider could be cut through to remove it, but then reattaching it becomes a hassle (I figure I could use a GhillieTEX Grimloc for that). The real problem with the waist belt is for right handers, as with the bag carried on the right side the short end of the strap with the buckle is BEHIND you, which makes it quite inconvenient to lock the waistbelt on. I would have reversed the straps but the short strap is permanently affixed without modification, as already mentioned. I've just left the belt tucked into the newspaper pocket.

3. The padded grip which can wrap around the web handles is a bit too lightly padded, and is a little too tight. One has to position the two handles together exactly right then wrap it very tightly to get the hook to meet the loop and get it to close. This annoyed me more at first, but long term I almost always carry it on the shoulder strap and rarely by the handles.

Even with these complaints, it is on the whole it is the best bag I've owned thus far (and also the most expensive one I admit). It of course does not replace a backpack for long hauls, but in my experience is much more useful for everyday use in an urban environment where ease of access to the contents is an important consideration. With the above caveats noted, I have no reservations about recommending it to others looking for a relatively low profile shoulder bag.

YutYut
09-06-09, 02:44
Yup. I got a Fatboy about a year ago. I use it, but I don't like it. Here are my gripes.

2. The strap is EXTREMELY wide and stiff. This makes the actual strap very uncomfortable, regardless of the amount of weight in the bag. The strap cushion doesn't help, as it just adds bulk and doesn't sit in the right place on the strap.

According to EGL Labs, who did a collaboration on the Maxpedition Active Shooter bag, you can toss it in the dryer on delicate for 15-20 minutes to soften the fabric, repeat as needed.

snappy
09-06-09, 10:08
I bought a Maxpedition Fatboy and have gotten a lot of use out of it. It was smaller than expected but easily carries a compact pistol, couple mags, leatherman, flashlight and headlamp, digital camera, cell phone, iPod, glasses case, knife, spare batteries, small notebook, pens and sharpies, bandana, power bars, minor first aid, some duct tape, gorilla glue, keys etc.

It is a bit heavy with this load but not ungainly. I like having this stuff at my disposal if I'll be away from home or vehicle for any length of time. You can always ditch some stuff, (camera, iPod, glue, batteries), if lighter and smaller is needed. Liked the Fatboy enough to buy the Jumbo as well for a little more capacity for extended outings, (water and food, rain gear, maps, gps, anemometer, ammo, full sized pistol, etc). I've been impressed with Maxpeditions' build quality and designs, and I could give a **** about sheeple or their cousins that have an issue with me carrying my gear over 1 shoulder instead of 2.

Surf
09-06-09, 12:00
Man bag. The bigger the bag, the more crap you carry. :)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Misc/IMG_19401.jpg

kmrtnsn
09-06-09, 12:08
I don't care how many Molle straps it has, how much velcro, or how many tactical colors it comes it; it is still a PURSE!

Surf
09-06-09, 13:04
No doubt about that.

SMC527
09-06-09, 17:24
I have actually been doing a lot of "murse" shopping recently

( I hate the way that sounds....)

I keep coming back to the "fatboy"....

slickyinc
09-06-09, 17:29
I think they are practical, and very cute........

KiloSierra
09-08-09, 13:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by August

According to EGL Labs, who did a collaboration on the Maxpedition Active Shooter bag, you can toss it in the dryer on delicate for 15-20 minutes to soften the fabric, repeat as needed.

Or wad it up and stretch it repeatedly for a few minutes. Most good nylon gear I've ran across was uncomfortably stiff when new until it got broken in.

You look at old pictures and/or read accounts of people working or traveling in the country away from cities and easy access to food and necessities, you realize the so called "murse" ain't nothing new.

I have a Fatboy S, but I never use it because I'm wearing a duty belt and driving a car with everything I need in a day more than I'm actually off and awake and when I am off and awake it would just get in the way.

Jon G23
09-08-09, 13:35
Will an HK45 fit in the Fatboy? In the back "special"? compartment....

Not the Jumbo... just the normal Fatboy.......

LegalAlien
09-08-09, 17:19
Will an HK45 fit in the Fatboy? In the back "special"? compartment....

Not the Jumbo... just the normal Fatboy.......

I don't know what the size of your HK45 is, but here is my experience with the FATBOY conceal compartment:-

1. Beretta PX4 9mm (4" bbl) fits comfortably

2. Beretta 92FS 9mm (4.9" bbl) fits snugly - you have to angle it the right way to make it fit. Zipper just makes it to close over the backstrap and the hammer

3. FN FiveseveN (4.9" bbl) fits snugly like the 92FS.

(I subsequently checked dimensions and it seems that the HK45 (not the 45C) is about the same size as a Beretta PX4 - you should be good to go)

Don't take a bet on a quick draw to get a gun out of that pocket though.

I can also comfortably fit 2 additional FN 5.7 20rd mags into the zippered side pocket.
Side pocket on the opposite side comfortably holds Surefire P60LED . . . . . . . and then all the xtra stuff that goes inside the main compartment as well.

I carry mine daily.

airwayguru
09-08-09, 19:43
I carry the 5.11 Push Bag and/or Maxpedition "S" Type Fatboy.

JHC
09-08-09, 20:01
The bright blue Camelback "fannypack" works very well just slung over opposite shoulder Maxpedition style. Has the velcro gun compartment in the back too.

A good smaller option than my much larger Maxpedition.

slickyinc
09-08-09, 21:20
I just order the maxpedition jumbo versipack, in the royal blue color. So not for others to notice it like they would if it was OD green or tactical black. I think the blue will mix in well in a crowd. Now I have something else to say about this thread. I never wanted a murse untill this thread, it got me to looking at some of the crap I carry in my pockets, and on my belt. I was fine with all of this till now. DAMN THIS THREAD!! I JUST BOUGHT A MAN PURSE!! Now I will have to try to carry it like those cool guys. Can this little guy shake his head>:( < Thats what im doing right now.

AirMech74
09-08-09, 23:46
I've carried a Khaki Maxpedition Jumbo versipack for a lil over a year now, I get a lot of sh!t from the guys at work, but I don't care...its a great bag. When I'm not wearing it, it stays in my truck. It normally contains a flashlight, back up pocket knife, hand sanitizer, iPod, earbuds, portable iPod speaker, my tool box keys and work badge. And sometimes my EDC...1911.

tr1kstanc3
09-09-09, 07:57
Khaki maxpedition s-type fatboy versipack. I packed it with enough stuff to live in the wild for a few days.

ridewaves
09-11-09, 04:45
Emdom/MM TNT bag for me. Not too big, not too small. Built so that you dont need to buy any additional pouches to configure it.

In contrast to carolvs, my waistbelt is easily removable, and the web handle wrap closes easily. There is no GhillieTEX hardwear to be found on mine.

I did receive my TNT without a HK snaphook for the shoulder strap, but a quick email to Emdom fixed that.

I really cant add much to carolvs's review. Well thought out piece of kit.

big 54r
09-16-09, 18:10
I've been using a Jumbo Maxped for awhile know and live outta the thing while at work!

I can't carry at work so the pistol stay's in the truck sans "slide/barrel".
I put a knife, multitool and small IFAK with some meds.
It also carries some food snacks and drink.
The holster compartment usually holds a magazine or book when at work.

Interestingly enuff my wife carried one during "IKE" last year and loved it even though she continually teases me about my "murse"!!!...:cool::p
She carried her .357 snubby in it..."disaster comfort" ya know!!!

Jon G23
09-16-09, 18:57
I might give one a try! I was just thinkin (Imagine that!) and ya know.... if I buy the one for lefties (Im a southpaw) and didn't carry the gun IN it.... even though my shit hides my gun pretty good.... the bag would cover it too! That might work pretty decent actually!

blade_68
09-22-09, 10:38
This man bag talk reminded me of times of late 89-90 in Europe and carrying a "tactical " yellow and blue " Joe Camel" backpack "tourist camouflage" :D
not good for that now do to smoking taboo :p I've started testing a "Cheaper Than Dirt" messenger bag that I can stuff my ultra compact computer in..(yuppy camo) and 45XD, 2 mags, P60 and M3 light. haven't had/ used long to say like dislike yet. I was going to try the "Fatboy" possibly later. otherwise I got a Camel Bak that has been working. no fast draw but having is better than none.

The_War_Wagon
09-22-09, 11:19
The curse of living next door to work - I got nothing to carry! :p

Shane1
09-23-09, 13:23
I currently use a Jumbo S type as my jump out bag/Murse when I am doing plainclothes details. Interior wise I carry a shitload of traumua supplies- QC, Izzys, CAts etc . Pocket smoke in the top pocket, spare pistol mags on the side and a Nalgene bottle on the other. I am looking at replacing it with one of 5.11 PUSH packs just for the red color to differentiate it from other gear bags if we have to dump in a hurry.

TommyG
09-23-09, 14:56
I just ordered a Colossus Versipack to use as a diaper bag. We just had our first and the bags my wife has are either too small or retarded for a guy my size to try and carry over my shoulder (you would't accuse me of being dainty). It looks big enough to haul everything I need for junior and will have a field use when we get him out of diapers.

I have used the Timbuk and other courrier style bags for gear when on bicycles and motorcycles for years and like the ability to have the bag at my hip or shove it around to my back. I think the single strap idea on the Versipack will be useful and allow easy access.

I'll post up after I have a chance to use it and let you know if I start feeling like I want to wear high heels and paint my nails.

kbrdann
09-23-09, 15:18
I will be brining my Maxpedition Fatboy to Disney this week end. I can carry what i need with out filling up my pockets.

awm14hp
09-23-09, 15:22
[double tap dang

awm14hp
09-23-09, 15:30
I will be brining my Maxpedition Fatboy to Disney this week end. I can carry what i need with out filling up my pockets.

just remember at disney they will go threw your bag but wont check your person. :D