PDA

View Full Version : Americans Bought a Million Firearms Last Month!

PRGGodfather
09-07-09, 09:59
Thanks, Mr. Nobama! You're the best thing to happen for gun sales in a long time!

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/04/1000000-guns-added-to-american-homes/

Washington, DC --(AmmoLand.com)- Data released by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) reported 1,074,757 checks in August 2009, a 12.3 percent increase from the 956,872 reported in August 2008.

So far that is roughly 9,076,205 gun bought this year! The total is probably more as NICS background checks may cover the purchase of more than one gun at a time.

This latest jump in background checks show that Americans are solidly in-favor of keeping firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens and clearly shows that proponents claiming the USA wants more gun control are blatantly wrong.

Gun Owners Say No to Gun Conrtol with their Wallets
The increased trend of Americans buying firearms at a record pace was once thought to be a one time fluke caused by fears of the new Obama administration expressed lust for more gun control. But now 10 months in and the wrongly named “fear buying” has now become the norm as law abiding US citizen exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear firearms by the millions every month with no sign of slowing down.

The bulk of the buying has been concentrated on the following types of guns or calibers:

Semi Auto Handguns
Revolvers
Ar15s and all variants of the Black Rifle
.50 Caliber
1.17 Guns for Each Person
Conservative estimates of legally owned guns in the USA put the number at 355,029,250 million guns in the USA. That is 1.17 guns for everyone in the USA and if you listen to the liberal press they are all assault weapons. God bless anyone who tries to invade the USA…

Crime Rates Falling
The most stunning in all of this is that we have not seen an increase in crime, murder rates have fallen across most of the USA and Americans have shown that they can be trusted with firearms ownership. This is directly in contrast to what the national media and gun control supporters would have us believe.

Gun owners you are clearly the majority!

BillBond
09-07-09, 11:12
1.17 Guns for Each Person !

I bet that average is much higher for the members here.

:cool:

Aray
09-07-09, 12:09
At least 1.25, except me, I don't have any. I just like talking about them.;)

MarshallDodge
09-07-09, 12:22
This does not include the private sales which I am sure were just as many.

Me too, except for my airsoft collection. ;)

Heavy Metal
09-07-09, 12:24
Uhh...that was a million firearms in August, not just this past year.

They are buying more than a million per month!

You might want to edit your title.

Spiffums
09-07-09, 12:30

Do you fish? I lost all my guns and my fishing buddy at the lake. We can fish and talk about guns.

askani79705
09-07-09, 12:37
Just a single shot .410 i have for snakes:p

Mjolnir
09-07-09, 12:59
Do you fish? I lost all my guns and my fishing buddy at the lake. We can fish and talk about guns.
You fish in the Great Lakes, too, I see. ;)

forget which one is 1,000 feet deep... the one I practice swimming with all of my gear, too. I'm out of everything since I have to shed everything to keep from sinking. I'm at wits end.

I need to work out more.

;)

On a serious note, I don't give Obama all of the credit; I could see us heading to Hell with Bush in power; warfare and the welfare of this nation do not go hand in hand. The economic indicators have been pointing this direction five years before Obama took office. Too few recognize them.

PRGGodfather
09-07-09, 13:17
Good pick! It is changed...

Uhh...that was a million firearms in August, not just this past year.

They are buying more than a million per month!

You might want to edit your title.

chavez_e_chavez
09-07-09, 13:29
AMEN!!!!:D

The_War_Wagon
09-07-09, 13:46
I have a starter pistol, for track & field events.:cool: A million per month though... sounds like a good START! :D

Surf
09-07-09, 18:33
Well, I sure have done my part this past year. :)

M4arc
09-07-09, 18:46
I was hoping the number would be a little highter...

:D

RudyN
09-07-09, 23:33
I can guarantee you that I have done my part for sure! :p

Texas Patriot
09-08-09, 01:46
I was hoping the number would be a little highter...

:D

I think August was actually lower in numbers sold from previous months, judging from activity I have seen at gun stores and gun shows. I would like to see the number of guns sold from November 08 to June 09. I'll bet those were a lot more than 1 million each month.

30 cal slut
09-08-09, 17:09
tragic boating accident.

no guns for me.

Caeser25
09-08-09, 17:16

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/851/motivator2811135591b79a.jpg
By caeser2001 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/caeser2001) at 2009-09-08

Caeser25
09-08-09, 17:19
The bulk of the buying has been concentrated on the following types of guns or calibers:

Ar15s and all variants of the Black Rifle
.50 Caliber

God bless anyone who tries to invade the USA…

What's that quote by that Japanese admiral :D, too bad we've already been invaded.

Wallyg8r
09-08-09, 19:35
Interesting statistics. If the stats about firearm types are accurate, it's quite a commentary on what kind of guns Americans are buying: martial ones, just like the founding fathers advocated. In other words, the militia is arming.

The big questions is: why?

dmanflynn
09-08-09, 21:41
What's that quote by that Japanese admiral :D, too bad we've already been invaded.

Somthin along the lines of "It would be foolish to invade the USA for there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass"

Yeah you know the strangest thing happened the other day, I was running the lease lanes in this cornfield after a good rain and hit a rut and all my guns jumped right out of the bed of my truck:eek: Right into the mud and SLURRRRRPPPP! Hell they got sucked up in the vicious southern Indiana cornfield quicksand that plagues my county so bad. Damn soil erosion:D

boltcatch
09-08-09, 22:21
Interesting statistics. If the stats about firearm types are accurate, it's quite a commentary on what kind of guns Americans are buying: martial ones, just like the founding fathers advocated. In other words, the militia is arming.

The big questions is: why?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125240777810092069.html?mod=wsj_share_facebook

http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Big-Ideas-America/dp/1586484125

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/dems-target-private-retirement-accounts.html

And so on.

I've been saying for months that a large component of the rush on ammunition and reloading components has been people preparing for war.

bauer007
09-09-09, 18:22
I did my part.

senorlinc
09-10-09, 21:02
I think an interesting stat would be how many of these purchases were made by 1st time gun buyers.

Tennvol12345
09-11-09, 20:17
I've bought 3 in the last 2.5 weeks.

Patrick Henry
09-12-09, 15:26
I've bought 3 in the last 2.5 weeks.

Good job, man!

If I had the money I'd be buying more, too. Currently there is good availability of firearms in many stores. It's the best selection since last year, for sure, and prices are way down on some rifles. All it takes is one sentence out of the mouth of a senior demoncrat and the frenzy will kick into full gear once again, leaving nothing but empty racks on the walls of gun stores.

As for the OT, I'm happy to see my fellow countrymen and women stocking up on the right types of firearms. Emergencies happen with little or no prior warning, so we must be prepared at all times in order to keep our families safe.

bauer007
09-12-09, 15:44
Good job, man!

If I had the money I'd be buying more, too. Currently there is good availability of firearms in many stores. It's the best selection since last year, for sure, and prices are way down on some rifles. All it takes is one sentence out of the mouth of a senior demoncrat and the frenzy will kick into full gear once again, leaving nothing but empty racks on the walls of gun stores.

As for the OT, I'm happy to see my fellow countrymen and women stocking up on the right types of firearms. Emergencies happen with little or no prior warning, so we must be prepared at all times in order to keep our families safe.

Better to have and not need than need and not have. Stock up early and often. Then Next gun show can't get here quick enough for me.

Tennvol12345
09-12-09, 22:52
Just making up for the rest of you slackers..... it also helped that after 4 years my wife decided it was finally time for her to get her CCW permit, and a new carry gun.

jwfuhrman
09-13-09, 08:47
Somthin along the lines of "It would be foolish to invade the USA for there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass"

Yeah you know the strangest thing happened the other day, I was running the lease lanes in this cornfield after a good rain and hit a rut and all my guns jumped right out of the bed of my truck:eek: Right into the mud and SLURRRRRPPPP! Hell they got sucked up in the vicious southern Indiana cornfield quicksand that plagues my county so bad. Damn soil erosion:D

haha, NE Indiana here..... all mine just disappeared one night....crop circles appeared to, starting to think Aliens are real....haha