PDA

View Full Version : Barrel profiling for OPS inc mount and collar?

technique
09-07-09, 11:29
Hello,

I hope this is the correct area for this question, if not I am sorry.

I will try to describe to the best of my ability what I need but please excuse my lack of proper terminology.

What I have now is an LMT 16in M4 profiled barrel. I am having my "barrel smith" take it down to 14.5. As it is now the OPS collar sits like this and can not go any further up the barrel.
(crap pic I know)
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/pics4CGs008.jpg

When cut to 14.5 the collar should sit just forward of the M203 cut, but the profiling needs to be done to get it there.

Basically what I'm asking is....anyone know the specs? This would be to mount the 14th, 15th, and 16th models.

Any help would be great. I am not sending this to ADCO by the way, I know they do it but my guy is local and I know he can do it, he just needs measurements.

Thanks again.

SHIVAN
09-07-09, 11:32
Any help would be great. I am not sending this to ADCO by the way, I know they do it but my guy is local and I know he can do it, he just needs measurements.

Sorry I don't know the measurements, but one of the side benefits of using ADCO is that they know them, and do them a lot. Might be worth the cost of shipping the barrel.

technique
09-08-09, 00:15
Sorry I don't know the measurements, but one of the side benefits of using ADCO is that they know them, and do them a lot. Might be worth the cost of shipping the barrel.

Yeah, I hear ya. In total (based on the site and what I added to my cart), seems like its a couple hundred bucks when its said and done with what I need done.

Ouch. I didn't even pay that much for the barrel.(super deal I got, it was a take off;))

decodeddiesel
09-08-09, 10:36
Yeah, I hear ya. In total (based on the site and what I added to my cart), seems like its a couple hundred bucks when its said and done with what I need done.

Ouch. I didn't even pay that much for the barrel.(super deal I got, it was a take off;))

Machining of this caliper is not cheap. You can be assured Steve will do it right so you will be able to use your suppressor on this barrel without worry.

Todd.K
09-08-09, 11:24
.65" from the thread shoulder to the step.

If your gunsmith/machinist knows what he is doing he should be able to measure the current dimensions off the barrel and replicate.

technique
09-08-09, 16:55
Thanks for the replies guys..

Todd, I quoted you and sent it to him in a message. Hopefully it will help. Thanks.

I also sent Ron an E-mail, might have to give him a call too. But I posted in the OPS area on Silencertalk and he checks in every few days or so. I'm not in too much of a hurry.

My gunsmith has walk ins once a week, I can get it handled and not have to have separation anxiety:)