PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a custom built 300 WM bolt gun.

Iraq Ninja
09-07-09, 22:28
I bought this beauty off of a friend of mine who I worked with overseas. It was a custom job built by Precision Arms in California a few years ago when he was active military. It was based on a Remington action.

I still need to get the details of the build from him. I know PA sells Robar guns, but this one doesn't look like the guns of Robar's webpage. From what he told me, they spared no expense to build it and get it ready for deployment, to include custom tuning it to the lot of ammo he was issued.

My previous rifles have been .308, and the MS Precision stock makes this 300 WM very manageable and a joy to shoot.

Scope is a NF 5.5 x 22x 56 with mil dots, NF mounts.

Here is Jr with the rifle...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Gun%20stuff/seangun.jpg

03humpalot
09-08-09, 05:11
Good looking stick...looks like JR wants it more than you;)

You planning on running 190SMK;s through it?

Iraq Ninja
09-08-09, 07:25
The previous owner still had a bunch of the same lot of the mil standard Federal ammo the rifle was set up for. So, since it was set up for what I assume is 190 SMK, I will probably staying with what it likes.

Next leave, I may dust off my old RCBS rockchucker and get back into reloading.

I only got to spend one day at the range before having to pack her away in the safe. I am off to the sandbox again in a few hours.

Cold Zero
09-08-09, 07:51
Nice looking addition to the collection. Be safe, good luck.

VooDoo6Actual
09-08-09, 08:47
Nice stick.

I need to swap out my Leupy for a that NF.

Jr. will LEARN what a good cheek is w/ that rifle no doubt. :D

Walker Precision
09-09-09, 21:34
Assuming you bought that gun from John up here in PA (it looks awfully familiar), I'm glad it got to you in time for you to play with it before you shipped out again. There was some scrambling happening up here to get that gun there by Friday since John got the run around from all the common carriers. Stay safe.

Iraq Ninja
09-10-09, 14:56
Yes, that is John's gun. Thanks for the help in getting it shipped here in time.

This rifle has quite a history and I intend to pass it on to my son. While I am now the legal owner, this will always be John's rifle and I am just a custodian of sorts. Maybe in time he will want it back for "old times sake".

Next leave I am hoping to get together with John and do some shooting with "his" rifle...

Walker Precision
09-10-09, 19:20
Glad I was to be able to help. Judging by the hard case, the gun has some interesting stories to tell. It definitely wasn't a safe queen. I hope you and your son enjoy it.