View Full Version : BASIC TACTICAL PISTOL COURSE 9/12/09 in Virginia

DCJS Instructor
09-08-09, 08:41
BASIC TACTICAL PISTOL (Handgun) COURSE

September12, 2009 9:00am

Prerequisite: None
Class Size: 15 Students Max
Instructors: Tom Perroni & CCJA Staff Instructors

This course is designed to develop safe firearm handling skills. The student will learn the basic fundamentals of shooting and how to safely draw their weapon out of the holster. The student will also develop a solid foundation of shooting skills. The student will quickly gain experience, confidence and increase their skill level with their handgun. The following topics will be discussed during the course:

• Safety (4 Rules)
• Draw (5 Steps)
• Fundamentals of shooting (Grip, Stance, Sight’s, Trigger Control)
• Malfunctions (Tap, Rack, Fight)
• (1) handed shooting & reloading
• CQB / close in fighting with a handgun
• Extreme CQB/ Shooting from Cover, from vehicles and unorthodox positions
• Low Light Shooting
• "FATS" Shoot / No Shoot simulation (Time Permitting)
• Virginia Concealed Handgun & Firearms Law
• Golden Rules of Deadly Force in Self Defense (Ability, Opportunity, Jeopardy and Preclusion.)

Ammunition Requirements: 300 rounds (minimum) of ammunition.
we will be selling ammunition at this course. Call for prices.

Gear List: Pistol, hip holster, three magazines, magazine holders, sturdy belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, Baseball type cap and a flashlight. (Surefire Type)

we welcome revolvers in class with (2) speed loaders at a minimum.

Course Cost:
$150.00 tuition fee, which includes 8- 10 hours instruction, and a certificate of completion. And the CCJA Basic Pistol Course Book.

The Classroom portion of the class will be held @ 1380 Central Park Blvd Suite 208 Fredericksburg, Va. 22401. 9:00am. For more information or to register for this course contact Tom Perroni:

www.ccjatraining.com

tomperroni@msn.com (540) 322-3000 or (540) 846-7088

COURSE AAR's:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...m-perroni.html

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=22447

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34457

JSantoro
09-09-09, 15:17
These folks run a pretty good course, so it's really worthwhile for anybody from around Richmond up to Arlington.

Hell, I may take it again just to have some directed practice before I head overseas next week.

Garandad
09-13-09, 07:35
Tom was kind enough to let me join in on this course at the last minute. While the classroom stuff was pretty normal, Tom presented it in a way that was not mundane. Interesting discussion on OODA loop and other stuff was interesting and unexpected in a basic course.
Out to the range. Tom has a fantastic private range setup. With only 5 students and 2 instructors, personalized diagnoses and advice was available to all. While this was a basic course, the training was balanced according to the level of the students, with the newer shooters receiving personalized attention and more experienced shooters being pushed into more advanced drills as their proficiency dictated. The class went far beyond the basics to include firing from within and around vehicles and use of somewhat unorthodox firing positions. While my goal was a review of the basics coupled with range time, the two instructors Tom and Jade saw to it that I was challenged with new positions and objectives which went beyond my expectations.
I can recommend training with these guys wholeheartedly. Their ability to instruct and balance the needs of their students went beyond what I hoped for. They are the real deal BTDT operators and I look forward to more advanced training with them.