PDA

View Full Version : Primary Weapon System FSC30 on FAL

LDM
09-08-09, 13:43
Early this year I bought a DSA SA 50 short gas system carbine (my second FAL). And then earlier this summer, I replaced the A2 birdcage with a Primary Weapon Systems FSC30.
My objective was not so much recoil reduction per se, but quicker follow up shots.
Frankly I was more than a bit leery of muzzle blast.
Some health issues got in the way of trying the new FSC30 before now, but this weekend my wife and I got to the family farm in the NC mountains. Early the first morning, a groundhog was moving around an old outbuilding about 35 yards from the house.
My first shot with the FSC30 was from a second story bedroom window. Nailed the hog, but the neat thing is that the recoil and muzzle jump was so tame I saw the hog in mid-air before he hit the ground.
Shot some more later and can say with certainty the muzzle jump is dramatically reduced and recoil is non-event. I am shooting without a scope and the weapon is about 8 1/4 pounds. Subjective, but I'd venture that felt recoil and muzzle jump from my .308 FAL was about like an 5.56/.223 M-4. Yeah, really.
Muzzle blast was no more noticeable to me as shooter than with the A-2 birdcage from the 16 1/4 inch barrel. I cannot say from first hand experience, but can only guess that to either side it is a different story.
The FSC is not cheap ($115 with the adapter for my weapon). But for me the benefit to cost is well worth the money. I'd do it again.
I can highly recommend this muzzle device.
Stay safe.

03humpalot
09-10-09, 16:14
Thanks for the word. I have a little FAL project in the works and may install one.