PDA

View Full Version : AR 15 purchase

skyranch
09-08-09, 14:04
Looking to purchase an AR for all round use,protection ,plinking ocassional hunting.I am a correctional officer the colt is what is used for security at the facility.What is the general opinion of the best over the counter brand, model of choice. Looking at quality before price. Thanks.

rmecapn
09-08-09, 14:10
BCM. There is no better value for the dollar and no better quality.

spamsammich
09-08-09, 14:24
www.bravocompanyusa.com

hossb7
09-08-09, 14:56
Colt, Bravo Company, LMT and S&W are all fine brands.

Sam
09-08-09, 15:00
Daniel Defense M4.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=141

M4arc
09-08-09, 15:03
I have to agree that right now I don't think you can find a better value and better quality than the BCM rifles.

Mung
09-08-09, 15:09
Looking at quality before price.

Then Noveske.

E53001
09-08-09, 15:26
if your taking the AR hunting you probably want a more than average accurate rifle im guessing, so i would say Noveske since price is no obstacle

TehLlama
09-08-09, 16:44
BCM, DD, LMT, Colt are all top shelf and competitively priced.
KAC, Noveske add some bells and whistles that bump up the price, still top shelf. If it's in your budget, don't hesitate.

S&W, RRA, CMMG, CDD are all high end TierII brands. If you choose sensibly among these and run a couple hundred rounds through them problem free, these are just as good of a choice (gives you more money to spend on magazines and ammunition).

There's always the cobble-together-your-own option - get a high end complete upper (see above), quality lower, and add your own magazines, BUIS, furniture, sling.
I'd also say that any of these is capable of adequate accuracy for .223 hunting - at MOST optics and a two-stage trigger for varminting.

bkb0000
09-08-09, 16:49
maximum quality carbine?

noveske N4L upper
LMT m16 BCG
LMT sopmod lower

doesn't get any better than this

Jeep297
09-08-09, 19:02
I can't think of a better value than BCM.

NightFighter
09-08-09, 20:08
I am new to ARs but I think this is a pretty good value for the money. You have to get other opinions fromt the more veteran personal on this forum for their opinions on this setup.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Daniel_Defense_M4_Rifle_Upgrade_Package.html

htxred
09-08-09, 20:23
i'll go ahead and agree with others. my very first ar15 was a s&w mp15t, and i sold it because i didnt really realize what i had. im a gun whore, when i dont shoot something, i get rid of it to buy something else.

second rifle was a daniel defense ddm4, and i caught BRD as they say. poured a buttload of money into it and now im starting a new build that i plan to build from the ground up. bcm chf midlength upper with seekins precision lower. all the usual bcm/magpul/troy accessories. this is the first time im building one from the ground up so i hope everything works out good.