PDA

View Full Version : Before you run off and vote for Rudy

Business_Casual
02-12-07, 08:27
At least take a look at his beliefs.

He "understands" that the Second Amendment is about hunting.

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO42897

With Republicans like him who needs Democrats?

M_P

Chris_C
02-12-07, 08:43
Rudy has as much of a chance as getting my vote as McCain does.

He's got some other issues as well, gay 'rights', abortion, etc...He is far from what any conservative should want.

But he'll be called 'Mainstream' and we'll be forced to want to make love to him by the media.

2008 is going to be a wet dream for the media. McCain, Rudy, a black man and a woman all running for president.

Gun Owners (and Americans) are screwed.

:rolleyes:

M4arc
02-12-07, 09:02
He hasn't even been nominated by the Republican party yet has he?

LOKNLOD
02-12-07, 09:16
Rudy has as much of a chance as getting my vote as McCain does.

Americans will at least know what they're getting with Rudy (if...IF...they pay attention at least). McCain is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Hawkeye
02-12-07, 10:28
There are two big differences between Rudy and Hillary.......

1. He's male and she is (rumored) to be female.

2. He'll be able to more easily erode our rights than her because the republicans in congress wont fall in line against him like they would Hillary simply because she is a democrat.

Chris_C
02-12-07, 11:05
He hasn't even been nominated by the Republican party yet has he?

Of course, not. But education early on is a good thing.

On another note, remember the 2nd was added to keep the .gov in check. No other reason. Thats why 99.99 of politicians hate it.

Business_Casual
02-12-07, 11:34
Of course, not. But education early on is a good thing.

On another note, remember the 2nd was added to keep the .gov in check. No other reason. Thats why 99.99 of politicians hate it.

Both true, but if he doesn't win primaries (votes) he won't be nominated for the general election.

M_P

Mike91A
02-12-07, 12:19
The second amendmant is not realy about hunting . I am sure all here are aware of this. Rudy is trying for support / votes from both sides. All his statment says to me is he is willing to sell out certian owners and types of weaponry for votes from the left while retaining votes from the right by saying he supports the 2nd amendmant as a right to own arms for hunting . Just my way of seeing it.

Chief1942
02-12-07, 19:08
If the likes of Rudy and McCain are the best the Republicans can put forward ( and yes I know Giuliani has not declaired yet) America is in deep trouble. We should have absolutely no illusions as to where the Democratic Party leadership stands on the 2nd Amendemnt, but when the only other option is what is currently available :mad: , I may just not soil my fingers and stay home. I will not vote again for the lesser of two evils. To do so simply perpetuates the sham and demeans the value of 1 man 1 vote. And before someone comes at me with the "civics lesson" about participative voting, at age 64 I've heard it all many times over so save it.

Semper Fi!

Business_Casual
02-12-07, 19:56
If the likes of Rudy and McCain are the best the Republicans can put forward ( and yes I know Giuliani has not declaired yet) America is in deep trouble. We should have absolutely no illusions as to where the Democratic Party leadership stands on the 2nd Amendemnt, but when the only other option is what is currently available :mad: , I may just not soil my fingers and stay home. I will not vote again for the lesser of two evils. To do so simply perpetuates the sham and demeans the value of 1 man 1 vote. And before someone comes at me with the "civics lesson" about participative voting, at age 64 I've heard it all many times over so save it.

Semper Fi!

Three words for you: Senator Jim Webb

M_P

Submariner
02-12-07, 20:16

M_P

Yup. He's our best shot.

Dave L.
02-12-07, 21:09
Regardless of what happens in the '08 election, I'm going to buy at least 12 AR lowers which will be "Grandfathered" (right?)...in any case, if they want them- they can come get them because I'll be to busy working and paying taxes to support the millions on welfare that Vote Barak.

Democrats make me ****ing sick, and the worst is my wife is one...but she is a major supporter of the 2nd Amendment...she just thinks worthless pieces of shit deserve a free ride.

I wont vote for anyone who uses the word "PROGRESSIVE", i "F"ing hate that word...its a new-age hippie word...and hippies suck too:D

Low Drag
02-12-07, 23:11
Regardless of what happens in the '08 election, I'm going to buy at least 12 AR lowers which will be "Grandfathered" (right?)...in any case, if they want them- they can come get them because I'll be to busy working and paying taxes to support the millions on welfare that Vote Barak.

Democrats make me ****ing sick, and the worst is my wife is one...but she is a major supporter of the 2nd Amendment...she just thinks worthless pieces of shit deserve a free ride.

I wont vote for anyone who uses the word "PROGRESSIVE", i "F"ing hate that word...its a new-age hippie word...and hippies suck too:D

I have a progressive reloader........ :p

Bushytale
02-12-07, 23:37
excellent point Low Drag, " Progressive" can be a good word. Dillon has made it a very good word. I think McCain may actually be a "Manchurian candidate", he has proven he is not a conservative, yet he is a Republican????? Can you say campaign finance reform!!!!!!! The problem with elections in this country is that we usually end up with a bad choice and one that is worse. If Hillary was running against Satin, I would still buck-up and vote against her. I knew when I voted for GW that I was not electing a friend, but in both elections I had to vote against Gore and Kerry. Staying home on election day gave us Bill Clinton twice. Just my .02

:eek: Billy

Dave L.
02-13-07, 00:14
excellent point Low Drag, " Progressive" can be a good word. Dillon has made it a very good word. I think McCain may actually be a "Manchurian candidate", he has proven he is not a conservative, yet he is a Republican????? Can you say campaign finance reform!!!!!!! The problem with elections in this country is that we usually end up with a bad choice and one that is worse. If Hillary was running against Satin, I would still buck-up and vote against her. I knew when I voted for GW that I was not electing a friend, but in both elections I had to vote against Gore and Kerry. Staying home on election day gave us Bill Clinton twice. Just my .02

Yeah well Dillon isn't running for President either!:D

Low Drag
02-13-07, 06:44

All true. Here's the lazy man guide to picking a president in the primaries. Vote for the person the press seems to like the least. That's how I selected Bush over McCain in 2000.

On bad and really bad choices it's the nature of our systems. Some folks say a multi party system would be better. I disagree. In europe they hold elections and the people vote for the party/person they want. No one party ever gains a majority. So after the election a "coalition government" must be formed ( I know everyone has heard that term ). Now a person may have elected a guy from their party of choice but to make a majority compromised must be made AFTER THE ELECTION.

In our system we make the coalition and compromises BEFORE THE ELECTION. IMHO, it's a better system because I know what I'm getting when I cast my vote.

And for a very rational piece on why party trumps person read this:
http://ww2.scripps.com/cgi-bin/archives/denver.pl?DBLIST=rm04&DOCNUM=19007

EDIT: BTW, I still would not vote for Rudy in a primary due to his anti-gun anti-self defense stance.

C4IGrant
02-13-07, 16:33
I have also heard Rudy say in an interview that he has no interest in gun control (no ban's). He may believe that the 2nd is about hunting just as long as he doesn't want to take any weapons from us.

C4

LOKNLOD
02-13-07, 17:34
I have also heard Rudy say in an interview that he has no interest in gun control (no ban's). He may believe that the 2nd is about hunting just as long as he doesn't want to take any weapons from us.

As president, he wouldn't have to like it, or be interested in it. He would only have to sign it if Dem-Qaeda in the legislature send it to him....

Dave L.
02-13-07, 22:01
Rudy said on Fox his stance on gun control should be left up to local and state governments. He explained what works in New York may not work in BFE.
He could have been dodging the question but its a reasonable answer as long as he were to maintain that stance even after he would be elected.

I'm a big fan of the "armed society is a polite society" theory. I just don't ever want to have to fight off looters with a flint lock muzzle loader when the looters are carrying AK's.
But the commies will still have to present evidence that Brady and his F'ed up AW ban worked...good luck.

jacketch
02-14-07, 19:45

M_P
Jim Webb is a major player in the party of surrender.

Business_Casual
02-14-07, 19:50
Jim Webb is a major player in the party of surrender.

My point was that when Virginia conservatives stayed home because they were a little miffed with Allen, we ended up with Jim Webb. That was a major mistake.

The poster above plans to stay home because he is miffed with Republicans, or whatever. So I predict Hillary will win in 08.

M_P

f.2
02-14-07, 22:08
My point was that when Virginia conservatives stayed home because they were a little miffed with Allen, we ended up with Jim Webb. That was a major mistake.

The poster above plans to stay home because he is miffed with Republicans, or whatever. So I predict Hillary will win in 08.

M_P

Good point.