PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk wife swap??????

geminidglocker
09-10-09, 13:17
OK, so here's the deal. I would never watch Lifetime channel, but a girl I recently did'nt get to know too well, suggested we watch it. It was interesting. It kinda belongs in this forum because, what would you do if you (Heaven Forbid) lost your spouse, and were charged with the care of your children with out them? What would they do without you? Does this figure into your bug out plan. What special considerations should be considered for children?:confused:

zushwa
09-10-09, 13:32
Well, I'll answer the easy one first. If I'm dead my coworkers will take care of anything immediate, and my in-laws will take care of anything long term. I'm gone so much my wife holds down everything anyways. We've got pretty clear plans in the event of natural disaster or social unrest. Living in a neighborhood full of military and contractors helps too.

If my wife dies I will immediately find an ugly nanny so I'm not tempted to sleep with her. :) Just kidding. Again, my coworkers would handle any immediate problems and my in-laws would handle anything while I'm out of the country. Once I'm involved I don't think I would have any problems with the normal day to day stuff with the kids. If there were a natural disaster and/or social unrest then my kids become the immediate priority and my plans would stay the same. The key is to have a plan, make sure everyone knows the plan, and make sure the plan has contingencies for missing factors, like a parent or two.

geminidglocker
09-10-09, 13:39
Good reply, I can't wait to hear more.

bkb0000
09-10-09, 14:14
if i die, my wife gets a pretty good chunk of change.. i told her if she re-marrys i'll go polterguist on her and kill the sonuvabitch. i think she'll be alright, as she raises the kids almost entirely on her own anyway.

if she dies, i'd have her mother come move in with me... she hates her job and hates her life, i'm sure she'd love to have something like a purpose. otherwise, i have no clue what to do with 4 boys under the age of 6. once they're older i'm sure i could handle it, but not now... i'd probably beat them to death or sell them to chinese slavers or something.

PA PATRIOT
09-10-09, 15:35
Wife Number #1 passes on, what to do? Wait I remember we planed for this, read instructions, brake glass and put a fresh set of Batterys in back-up wife Number #2. We all know to buy in doubles encase one goes down right? This is no different.

Outlander Systems
09-10-09, 22:11
;)

New

York

Reload

:eek:

tpd223
09-11-09, 05:30
My daughters are grown or nearly so.

I'd likely do what I did after my divorce; Run around with women who are bad for me for like, I dunno, 11 years or so, until I meet someone who can put up with my crap for long term,,,,, oh, and isn't crazy, that's a plus right there, let me tell you.

30 cal slut
09-11-09, 07:28
in the post-apocalypse, i'd be, like, jabba the hut.

http://www.efting.com/amy/weddingpage/leia_jabba2.jpg

zushwa
09-11-09, 10:24
oh, and isn't crazy, that's a plus right there, let me tell you.

OK dude, I'm going to have to ask you to keep things realistic in this forum. Sci-fi and zombie EOTW discussions are fine, but we won't tolerate pure fiction. :)

geminidglocker
09-11-09, 11:16
This is a good thread, I was drunk last night when I posted it, but I knew it would be fun.

HES
09-11-09, 13:26
If my wife died I'd probably just save my money and switch to hookers. :D

Seriously though if my wife were to pass on I would be shattered. She is my best friend as well as lover. But I would carry on. I'm already the complete man, I can set up a company defensive perimeter, cook, handle resupply and logistics, do the laundry, provide instruction in field sanitation, help the kids with the home work, etc.. So my need for someone to fill those rolls would be minimal (though an extra hand would be appreciated). But I dont think I could ever find another who so compliments me, who serves the yin to my yang.

So yeah I'll just stick with the hookers.

Audacia77
09-11-09, 15:28
My wife is a real trooper. Tougher than me in a lot of aspects. If I went, I think she would do okay. Probably better in the long term. We have had this conversation lightly, and I insist that she remarry. All pride aside, I have a son and he will eventually need a male role model in the house. She better marry a doctor or something.

In a disaster she would fair pretty well. She has a level head and knows mostly what I know and then some. She could use some more trigger time though. Son is old enough to contribute a little on light duty tasks.

As far as if she passed... I'd be screwed. My wife is my bestfriend. My whole world would fall apart. A definite SHTF scenario for me in itself. I figure that I'd adapt and overcome eventually. I'd have to lean on my family a lot though.

What a depressing thought. :(

Barbara
10-03-09, 09:55
No wife or husband and manage ok. It's possible. :)

RogerinTPA
10-03-09, 10:11
I don't know about the dying part, but when I got divorced, all of a sudden, I found all these 20s and 50 dollar bills in my wallet.....:p

BAC
10-03-09, 11:06
;)

New

York

Reload

:eek:

Lock it up, this thread's done. Landlord wins. :D

-B