PDA

View Full Version : September 11, 2001

Oscar 319
09-10-09, 23:19
.....remembering the victims and heros of September 11, 2001. I will never forget or forgive the cowards, and those like them who perpetrated these acts.

2,993 dead. They would have killed 2 million if they could have pulled it off.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". George Orwell.

http://blogs.iwcc.edu/syshra/files/2008/09/iwo-9-11-final.jpg

*Never forget*. Stand tall my brothers and sisters.

ThirdWatcher
09-10-09, 23:26
.....remembering the victims and heros of September 11, 2001. I will never forget or forgive the cowards, and those like them who perpetrated these acts.

I will NEVER forgive those cowards and their ilk. KILL THEM ALL.

As others have said, an enemy of my country's is an enemy of mine.

randyman_ar
09-10-09, 23:52
They would have killed 2 million if they could have pulled it off.

Amen!!! And I read where public support for the war in Afghanistan is fading??!! :confused: Are we as a nation really this stupid?

Joe Mamma
09-11-09, 00:09
Amen!!! And I read where public support for the war in Afghanistan is fading??!! :confused: Are we as a nation really this stupid?

Yes.

Joe Mamma

JiMfraRED1911
09-11-09, 00:13
Born and rasied in Alexandria, VA. I know elementary/middle school buddies who lost parents at the Pentagon.

When it happened, I was a sophomore at Wharton High School in Tampa, FL. We were watching CNN in my Civics class. My father (DoD civy) retired in '00, worked 15 years in the Pentagon...it's eerie looking back at it.

thedog
09-11-09, 00:28
My father was a firefighter. He retired in 04. I was getting in the game late, after several years as a volunteer, I was in the Fire Academy, as a professional, pending graduation, which I did, when this happened. My whole class was watching it. Some younger guys remarked about the first tower falling, "Oh shit! But it looked kind of cool.." I stood and asked them if they knew that we had just lost alot of brothers? That changed them. Innocense/ignorance of youth.

Two million if they could have? True. But they aren't finished. And those cowards? They are heroes and we are cowards, satan, whatever. Depends on where your're from, huh?

It's the mindset and upbringing. They teach their children from babies that we are evil. We teach our babies all the way that we are the good guys. Do you grow up hating the US if you are raised that way? You don't know different. Most people. THAT'S WHERE BUSH WENT WRONG. He did not understand the mindset or history of these ignorant assholes. America! Hell yeah! President Bush got this part right!! But how do you change the minds of centuries of this stuff? Lord knows, I don't have the answers. But better Bush than some weak assed Demo when this went down. But we beat our heads against the wall, best intentions or not. Whatever USA does, even if it's nothing, the world judges and we are wrong. F' 'em.

God bless the USA. Again and again and again!!!!

AND, IF IT WAS ABOUT OIL, WOULD WE BE SUFFERING FOR IT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mad DOG

mattjmcd
09-11-09, 00:33
Was in suburban Newark.

Sirens all day long- seemed like every piece of emergency equipment in NJ/NY/PA was rolling into Manhattan.

F15 and F16 CAPS. No other air traffic for days.

Red Cross in Morristown area turned us away due to lack of fridge space, they had so any people donating on 9/11.

I am happily married, but I've never been so pissed to be "saddled" with career, bills, spouse, plans etc.

RancidSumo
09-11-09, 00:38
I was in fourth grade at the time and remember my mom waking me up and showing me what was happening on TV. I remember it vividly today and I will never forget.

ridewaves
09-11-09, 02:54
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/690/dsc00181a.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7143/dsc00180nn.jpg

BT2012
09-11-09, 05:24

Not only stupid but forgetful. We were first attacked on Feb. 26, 1993 when foreign terrorist used a van to detonate a bomb in the garage at the WTC. Forutnately it did not cause same effect as on September 11, 2001. These two attacks must be remembered and reminded to those who fail to understand why our men and women are overseas fighting this war on terror.

I will never forget what happend on September 11, 2001 for as long as I live as I was there and part of the bucket brigade and digging in hope of finding survivors.

Sam
09-11-09, 06:23
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/17880911.jpg

Turnkey11
09-11-09, 06:39
I was supporting an aerial gunnery at Pohakuloa Training Area on the big island, got up in the morning and got my tray of scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon and heard some guys at another table talking about planes hitting the WTC thinking they were talking about a video game or movie. Went outside and the chaplain had a group around him, he was explaining the events that had happened that morning.

Caeser25
09-11-09, 07:10
I was sleeping, enjoying sleeping in while I could, I was leaving for OSUT in 2 weeks.

unclestevie45
09-11-09, 07:22
I was doing reports in the station when it happened.

A month later, October 11, I enlisted in the National Guard after 9 years of being out of the military. I had left the Marine Corps in '92 because of my (then) wife.

I was lucky enough to spend 2003 in Afghanistan doing my little bit. Going over again, soon.

Never forget, never forgive.

The_War_Wagon
09-11-09, 07:23
I had just moved to Ft. Wayne, IN 2 weeks earlier, for graduate school. Was brushing my teeth, when my wife called from the living room, saying a plane had hit WTC 1. Stepped out in time to see the live shot, as the second jet hit Tower 2. :mad:

I haven't liked Mohammedans since Nov.4, 1979. I like them even less, after Sept.11, 2001. :mad::mad::mad:

The eeriest thing to me though, was seeing no jets in the sky in "fly-over" country for the next few days. Only the roar of the F-15's streaking around, from the nearby Air National Guard base. It was SO quiet (I was renting a house on a working dairy farm just west of town), you could hear them taking off at full-afterburner from miles away...

John_Wayne777
09-11-09, 07:41
On 9/11/2001 I never would have dreamed that on 9/11/2009 we would be trying to prosecute the people who interrogated the guy who planned the 9/11 attacks.

How far we have come in such a short time.

RogerinTPA
09-11-09, 07:42
I was the number 4 aircraft for takeoff at Tampa International, when we got the word from the tower controllers to return to the gate, and that all aircraft were grounded until further notice due to an attack on the WTS using airliners. I almost puked.

We should finish the job in Operation Enduring Freedom and invade Pakistan. It's unnerving that most Americans have short attention spans.

LOKNLOD
09-11-09, 08:08
On 9/11/2001 I never would have dreamed that on 9/11/2009 we would be trying to prosecute the people who interrogated the guy who planned the 9/11 attacks.

Well said. Really takes "mission creep" to a whole new level.

I was in my dorm getting ready to go to class. I flicked on the TV just in time to see the 2nd plane impact. The class I was headed to was an honors American History class where a week or two prior, the teacher had called me an "extremist terrorist" because I said the founding fathers were right to take up arms. I don't remember him saying much that day...

MAUSER202
09-11-09, 08:12

How far we have come in such a short time.

Unfortunately with the likes of Holder, Pelosi, and Obama leading our country those who put a few drops of water up someones nose to save countless lives are more of a danger than some towel headed **** in a cave planning another attack.:mad:

Always remember the innocents that were murdered, and don’t forget those who murdered them

chg380
09-11-09, 09:34
I was at home that day making preparations for an up coming back surgery. On that day my life changed.

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER BACKDOWN

Charles

DMR
09-11-09, 10:21
We had just handed off GRF to a sister BN. Everyone else in the division was deployed to the four corners of the world. The Friday before we had completed Company CALFAXs and by Saturday afternoon we had soldiers all over the northeast on funeral detail. Those that were left were cleaning weapons and fixing vehicles.

One of the soldiers came down to the CP and told of the first hit. The news thought it was a small plane. I went up to check on it shortly before the second plane hit. Then I called my sister in law in Brooklin to make sure they were ok(they work in Manhatten). Then informed her 70+ old mother she was ok.

Then went back to tell the troops to pay attention to what they were doing with their equipment, we were going to need them soon.....

The rest of the year was very hectic. We had equipment out loaded at the airfield while the crews were still on Funeral detail(our AT platoon was the first element to complete JI in the division). They got back repacked and joined their platoons at the RDF. By October our BN had boots on the ground in Afghanistan, Kuwaitt and Djibouti(or was it Qatar).......

Ridge_Runner_5
09-11-09, 10:31
I was in an MSN Gaming Zone chat room when the 2nd plane went in..found the transcript about a month ago...this is about 2 pages out of 60...

Try to ignore the liberal players...

Shadow_Recrt31> woah woah so some (omitted) mucher crashed a damn 737 into thw WTC??????
Maj_Kaoss> BAAAAAAAD seen ....i worked there thousands may have died
Armn_Needham> nah, rush hour just startin
DRACULA_VMP187> wow when did this happen?
[[Jupiter]]> Just now
DRACULA_VMP187> 737 and what?
cfs_Specialties> BUSH BETTER GET OFF HIS (omitted) AND START SHOWIN SOME BALLS
[[Jupiter]]> 2nd plane hit only 10 mins ago.
Armn_Needham> 20 minutes ago, 1st plane, 5 minutes ago, 737
[[Jupiter]]> Yep
Maj_Kaoss> (a9 am ..just getting into building
SW_Strides> brb
DRACULA_VMP187> both hijacked
Armn_Needham> god
LongLegd_Vixen> 737 was hijacked
DRACULA_VMP187> Armn both Hijacked?
Armn_Needham> they think the second jet might've been full
_Swazy_> (omitted)
[[Jupiter]]> THIS is the beginning of the end of a "weak president" for US.
Shadow_Recrt31> is it on CNN webpage?
cfs_Specialties> so its definatly terrorist
Armn_Needham> yea
UnCranky1> evacuating the UN
Maj_Kaoss> IT"S ALL OVER NOW FBI FOUL PLAY
Armn_Needham> BTW, I'm Ridge_Runner_5
Maj_Kaoss> on tv
[[Jupiter]]> DEFINITELY TERROISTS (2 planes aint co-incidence)
_Kapaa_> post a link to CNN page if you could
(Exit)> DRACULA_VMP187
Alpha_HWDW> 2cd plane was 737
Maj_Kaoss> no...fen way
(Enter)> Celt_Scorpio
UnCranky1> try www,cnn.com
(Exit)> SW_Tomo
Armn_Needham> YEA, CNN JUST SCREWED UP...CALLED IT A B-52!!!!
(Enter)> AH_BigGrowler
cfs_Specialties> crack heads?
_Kapaa_> ty I will my brother is back there.....by
LongLegd_Vixen> www.ccn.com
Redwulf__48> one plane is hijacked says fbi
Celt_Scorpio> ~S~ All, how are you today?
(Exit)> _Kapaa_
Armn_Needham> TERRIBLE
Shadow_Recrt31> damn slow (omitted) comp
[[Jupiter]]> I am re-enlisting.
Maj_Kaoss> alot of people won't be home tonight............
(Enter)> FR_2Lt_Tailwaxr
Armn_Needham> I wont be on tonight, that's fer sure
cfs_Specialties> this is worth of breakin out the nukes
SW_Anzac> Nothing on TV in Australia yet, me and Tomo are prolly the only two news men that know about it
(Exit)> True_Brit3
FR_2Lt_Tailwaxr> g'mornin' zonesters
Shadow_Recrt31> nothin on UK Tv either
FR_2Lt_Tailwaxr> S~
leakynip> im seein it live
(Exit)> Celt_Scorpio
EURO_CPTHawk> All over Sky News in UK
raaboon> eeerrr the donk in g8? eeerrr the donk in g8?
SW_Anzac> Whats the time in NYC?
Armn_Needham> NNEW YORK IS UNDER LOCK DOWN
leakynip> saw 2nd plane hit
Armn_Needham> 9 AM
Alpha_HWDW> cfs spec ur an idiot
Shadow_Recrt31> <--- cant afford Sky
(Enter)> SameCoffee
(Enter)> moraesfer
_Swazy_> Euro news Shadow
(Exit)> TWISTEDFLYER1
[[Jupiter]]> Yep some pentagon officials are calling it an "Obvious Terrorist AttacK"
Maj_Kaoss> I'm crying ...cya lata.....hope where here!...Kamicaze into tower according to witnesses
Armn_Needham> take it easy, Alpha
(Enter)> TGIF_Mortality
leakynip> 9 am
LongLegd_Vixen> the second plane was not comercial
(Enter)> Shadow_Zotar
Shadow_Recrt31> ah sod it im guna go bye Sky
cfs_Specialties> your a (omitted)
Armn_Needham> bye Koss
LongLegd_Vixen> think it was cargo
leakynip> ye sit was
Shadow_Recrt31> ZoTaRRrrr
Shadow_Zotar> (omitted) nuts
BelgianTiger_6> i hear reports that a plane was hijacked and terrorists orderd it to fly in the tower
Armn_Needham> nah, it was transport
LongLegd_Vixen> blue logo on front
Shadow_Zotar> 737
SW_Anzac> FRom us guys, good luck, hit 'em hard
Alpha_HWDW> Bin laden?
Armn_Needham> all elevators are out in both buildings
moraesfer> someone speak in portuguese ???
leakynip> the plane aimed rite in to tower
Shadow_Zotar> idiots should have hit verizon hq
[[Jupiter]]> ONE definitly was a terrorist, prolly both*
_Swazy_> eu
Maj_Kaoss> gotta see if friends I know are allright.........
(Enter)> Wolfsblood311
OddChimera> pretty good size twin engine jet
TGIF_Mortality> Wow pretty bad eh?
Shadow_Zotar> hi 31
TGIF_Mortality> 737
(Enter)> captshaggy1
Armn_Needham> yep
moraesfer> e ae donde vc é ???
Armn_Needham> whole side of building missing

GLB
09-11-09, 11:26
NEVER FORGET and GOD Bless the Military Men and women that are still on the hunt.

geminidglocker
09-11-09, 11:29
I was just a gun salesman, Sporting Goods Dept. Mgr. until that day. I left work and walked down the street to the Recruter and signed up with The Army. I will never forget, and if I was not disabled I would still be there, fighting those assholes, trying to aquire the same one day death-toll. This is a very sad day for me.

C-Fish
09-11-09, 11:36
I will never forget.

My family had been in NY for a family reunion just prior.
I have framed tickets and a print purchased from a street vendor hanging on my wall.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/mseiferth/LIFE/DSC_0321.jpg

We (all 20 of us) had been on the observation deck of 2WTC on 9/7/01.
We flew out of Newark back to Phoenix on the evening of 9/10.

http://foxtrotters.tripod.com/flaghaf2.gif

BLACK LION
09-11-09, 11:41
Where are all the US flag stickers now?

Thank you to all who fight and die under the very same oath I took over 10 years ago....

I have a big piece of steel to remind me every day that evil never sleeps so niether should we....

http://www.darkopsknives.com/photo/11.jpg

Irish
09-11-09, 11:46
I can only recommend this movie:
http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2009/09/10/the-third-jihad-available-for-free-online-streaming/
-Only free today, IIRC.

Just my € 0.02
-Dave

The film is available for free streaming in its entirety from Wednesday, September 9 through Tuesday, September 15. Individuals are encouraged to watch The Third Jihad and share the film with others.

In case other are interested in watching it is free for a few days. Take care.

Irish
09-11-09, 13:35
After watching the film I would highly recommend it. Here is the e-mail I sent out to my friends & family and I suggest you do the same.

I would highly suggest taking the time to watch this free film online @ http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2009/09/10/the-third-jihad-available-for-free-online-streaming/. Scroll down and press play, in the lower right corner of the box you can expand the film to full size on your screen. The film is available for free viewing for the next 4 days and you should definitely take the time to view it.

Spade
09-11-09, 14:38
I was sitting at work behind my computer with the radio on. When I head a plane had hit the towers I thought it was some little prop plane. Then I heard the second one hit & other office people came over to listen. Shortly after I got a phone call from my reserve unit telling to make sure all my gear was good to go & I was on stand by, as no one really knew what the hell was going on. Then I got calls from all my friends & family who all thought I knew more than them & wanted to know if I was going to war. I will never forget that day just as I'm sure the older generation never forgot Pearl Harbor.

crusader377
09-11-09, 16:19
I remember it almost as if it was yesterday. I was an XO for a field artillery battery at Fort Campbell. I first heard about the second plane that crashed into the twin towers on the radio when I was driving back from meeting with the chinook pilots about a future air assault training that we were planning for the battery.

When I returned to the battery I remember my 1SG saying that we are going to war. He was correct and I found myself in 2002 in Afghanistan and 2003 in Iraq.

parishioner
09-11-09, 16:23
It's the mindset and upbringing. They teach their children from babies that we are evil. We teach our babies all the way that we are the good guys. Do you grow up hating the US if you are raised that way? You don't know different. Most people. THAT'S WHERE BUSH WENT WRONG. He did not understand the mindset or history of these ignorant assholes. America! Hell yeah! President Bush got this part right!! But how do you change the minds of centuries of this stuff?

You can't and don't even attempt. As long as there are at least two people on this earth, there will always be fighting. It is obviously human nature. When there is a division somewhere, there will eventually be hatred of some sort. All you have to do is try to imagine a time in human history when there wasn't bloodshed in some part of the world. Never. All these hippies and girly men fail to realize this. Im in no way a war mongerer. I would love for there to be peace but its just never going to happen.

RIP to the fallen. I will never forget them or the ones who killed them.

ridewaves
09-11-09, 17:16
I was setting up my station for EIB testing at Fort Bragg when we heard. The whole post shut down, and we started preparing for deployments shortly thereafter. I got out in 04 but they havent stopped yet.

perna
09-11-09, 23:11

I always have one on my vehicles, also have a flag tattooed on my leg.

decodeddiesel
09-11-09, 23:34
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/385675main_image_1466_1600-1200.jpg

:(

ThirdWatcher
09-12-09, 03:36

I wear my flag in my heart, where it has always been. I was taught love of country by my (Submarine Service) father and I passed this love on to my children... both are currently serving in the Army (as I did) and one of them is deployed.

God Bless America. I sure respect our young warriors.

cougar_guy04
09-12-09, 08:58
I know where there are at least 2:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/cougar_guy04/DSCN4573.jpg

Only stickers that are on my car, and there's another set waiting to go on a Crew Cab Super Duty when it lands in my driveway.

Naxet1959
09-12-09, 09:11
I was flying to Indianapolis on business, we landed on schedule with no word. AS I was walking through baggage claim, there was a TV on and they were talking about a bomb going off at the Pentagon. I said "What?" aloud and a guy said that a plane had run into the Twin Towers. Strange day I thought. Got into my rental car, heard that a second plane had hit the 2nd Tower. Got to a Denny's for breakfast and then to a Ford dealership where we watched the news. I prayed with all I had that people would be saved and that the terrorist not succeed in taking the towers down. I was lucky since I had a hotel room, they got to be scarce. I ended up driving back home on Thursday since it didn't look like I would be flying back. I cancelled a flight I had for the next week but was back in the air in 2 weeks. There were about 6 of us plus the crew in a 737. When one of the passengers went to the john, we ALL watched him the whole way...

NBC did not show ANY footage on the Today show when I watched from 7-7:30. When I watched some on the History Channel last night, I got angry. We forget the raw emotion... now look at us. How did we end up with a President that talks to Chavez, Castro etc, dismisses Israel, prosecutes CIA and John Ashcroft.... Man, I can't believe it!

Ick
09-12-09, 21:31
I went to the Flight 93 crash site ceremony again. After 7 years of declining attendance... this year the crowd was a bit larger. Unfortunately I don't think that was due to a re-dedication to the appreciation of what the day means due to a groundswell of understanding.

General Tommy Franks and Secretary Powell were speakers. I beleive that is the reason for the uptick in attenance.

A solumn time. It is nice to respect the ordinary men and women that fought the first offensive action in the war against radical Islam.

I will not forget their service.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-13-09, 03:03
I went to the Flight 93 crash site ceremony again. After 7 years of declining attendance... this year the crowd was a bit larger. Unfortunately I don't think that was due to a re-dedication to the appreciation of what the day means due to a groundswell of understanding.

General Tommy Franks and Secretary Powell were speakers. I beleive that is the reason for the uptick in attenance.

A solumn time. It is nice to respect the ordinary men and women that fought the first offensive action in the war against radical Islam.

I will not forget their service.

My wife and I watched a few nights ago the NatGeo docu on 9/11. Three things I took away.

1. The list of attacks around the world since 9/11 and how the lack of hits CONUS have dulled peoples attention.
2. After the towers fell, the only sound that could be heard were hundreds of the emergency locators from firemen. I hadn't heard this detail before and I can't imagine how maddening it must have been for the rescuers trying to get into the rubble to find them, with no success.
3. The last one has always been obvious to me, but it seems that as time goes on, it is less mentioned. After failing to bring down the WTC in 93 and taking almost ten years to hatch the most diabolical plan ever executed by the best operators they had, a random sampling of ordinary Americans, now fully aware of the circumstances, counter attacked and foiled their plans. We still honor the 300, we never forget the Alamo, but we don't take the biggest lesson from 9/11. Fourty fearless citizens, with out training or tools, came together and foiled the most masterful terrorist plan of all time. These were not rough men at the ready, but they took on the nastiest scum bags on the planet and won. There was no Hollywood landing for the plane, this was real-world big-boy rules. They saved a lot of lives in DC and lost theirs. When you look at the heroism displayed on a moments notice by everyday Americans, how can you think that there is anyway that we can lose this war?

Politicans and TV generals all lament how we aren't winning. Bullshit. We won the war on 9/11 when the Fourty stood up and took that plane down. Radical Islam, Islamo-fasicts, neo-nihilist - whatever history will label them before throwing them into the trashbin of history- were shown that they could not win the war that they wanted so badly.

One last thing, imagine if Flight 93 had been full.

perna
09-13-09, 03:40
2. After the towers fell, the only sound that could be heard were hundreds of the emergency locators from firemen.

Most of what you hear is the out of air alarms of rescuers.