PDA

View Full Version : What is my rifle worth

ROADKING
09-12-09, 08:10
I have a smith and wesson m&p15 i am wanting to sell. It has the vltor casv on it with the aimpoint and arms mount, surfire tactical light magpul enhanced trigger guard , tango down forword grip. troy rear folding site , ctr stock and pmags, Vickers sling. How much should i ask for it.

Sam
09-12-09, 08:16
Why don't you add up the cost of all the accessories plus the gun, then take off whatever the depreciation that's acceptable to you (10%, 15%, ??). That should be the starting point. Other factors, how desparate are you? how quick you need the cash?

ICE1811
09-12-09, 08:43
I agree with above. With the prices and panic settling, you now have to sell your items at a discounted rate if you want it sold quickly.

Every vendor has stock of most parts. It is the very hard to find parts that will sell for above retail.

What model Aimpoint and mount are you running?

Also, I suggest parting out your rifle as most tend to go that route...

BillBond
09-12-09, 10:50
Also, I suggest parting out your rifle as most tend to go that route...

That is what I was going to say.
Big ticket items sell much slower than individual pieces.
Plus you will have a hard time finding someone that will want the same upgrades you do.

If it is a brand new item with all packaging and paperwork start with 5 to 10% off current retail.
If it is used a little then 10 to 20% off.

:cool:

Gramps
09-12-09, 11:14
Something is only worth what someone else will give you for it.
What is it worth to you? How bad do you want to get rid of it, what is your bottom dollar you will take for it? How much are you willing to lose? Why do you want to get rid of it, and how soon do you need the money if so?

I'd start with what one "Currently" new goes for and check how much your added accessories cost, then like the other poster said, figur out how much you are willing to lose for your initial investment, unless it has been a good while since you first purchased it. What shape is it in/how much down range has it seen? What kind of a market is there for what you are selling? These can all determine a starting point for you.

Hyprlite2007
09-13-09, 01:43
I agree with above. With the prices and panic settling, you now have to sell your items at a discounted rate if you want it sold quickly.

Agreed, now that the scare is over prices have been going down and ammo has been stocking back up, I was watching prices last November and they seemed to be at double the actual value that was paid, unfortunately for those looking to sell, things have calmed and it doesnt appear that there will be a ban, if you look on Gunbroker.com you might be able to get an estimate or compare your weapon to others that are selling right now, its a start anyways.