PDA

View Full Version : Magazine options??

SixtySix
02-12-07, 18:20
Can someone explain what the benefit of having a SS spring over CS spring, or having a stainless steeel magazine over aluminum. I am ordering some C products magazines.

Thanks

Joey

AMMOTECH
02-12-07, 18:40
Can't tell you much about those but I just stick to your basic issue (new) GI mag which can be had now from $12-$20. Mags tend to get beat on a lot during reloads, firing prone or overstuff and I tend to stay away from the fancy stuff.

Eric Cartman
02-12-07, 19:46
CS springs are suppossed to last a lot longer than SS springs-meaning CS springs will take a set (shrink) the first time they are used. SS springs will continue to take a set until they are no longer useful.

This is what I have read about the CS springs.

AR-15A3
02-12-07, 23:39
If I'm in the same situation like you I would get the CS springs which should last longer but cost more.

I would get both aluminum and stainless mags just to have a variety of lightweight lower cost aluminum mags and heavy duty SS mags.

Most of USGI aluminum mag users only loads 28 rounds so that it could be easily inserted to a closed bolt (tactical reloads).

C Products SS mags could be loaded with full 30 rounds and could be easily loaded on a closed bolt, they have an improved internal design than the USGI mags.

You could also just pick one type of mags either the aluminum or SS whichever you prefer.

I have both USGI D&H aluminum mags and C Products SS mags.

Don't forget to get Magpul enhanced anti-tilt followers for all your mags.