PDA

View Full Version : DU calls for Glenn Beck, Joe Wilson, and Sean Hannity's destruction.

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 18:51
So how do we report them. Isn't calling for a United States Congressman's destruction considered a threat? Can it be reported and to whom?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=6532539&mesg_id=6532539

I didn't want to hotlink it.

tinman44
09-12-09, 19:00
wow.....crazy......

DocHolliday01
09-12-09, 19:16
Not when its directed towards Republicans :rolleyes:.

RancidSumo
09-12-09, 19:17
Stupid to the point that it is funny.

I wonder what will happen if a bunch of unarmed people start trying to eliminate those that are armed.

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 19:19
I called the Capitol Police and reported it, they seemed to know about the loonies over there. I just couldn't do nothing.

3678barnes
09-12-09, 19:30
That is crazy stuff. These people can't seem to simply disagree with someone.

m4fun
09-12-09, 19:30
Wow - I have to let someone know about this as well ;)

Not that it will go that far, but the guys quotes Conan and talks about playing like Neville Chamberlin? Lets see, in the face of Iran and nukes, would BHO be more like Chamberline if you looking for the perverbial history repeating itself. And to waste a good Arnold quote? Terrible.

montanadave
09-12-09, 19:33
Given the tone and tenor of some of the remarks I've read here with respect to President Obama and the Democratic leadership, I'd be careful what you wished for.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, know what I mean?

Honu
09-12-09, 19:44
I think its funny how the lefties/Dems are for free speech and stuff unless it disagrees with their ideology then its time to shut you up !!!!!

m4fun
09-12-09, 19:45
PS - Not sure about inciting violence or threats(especially with the list including a congressman), but you can always report Internet crime to the FBI:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

rickrock305
09-12-09, 19:45
I think its funny how they are for free speech and stuff unless it disagrees with their ideology then its time to shut you up !!!!!

yea, because this forum is SO open to alternative viewpoints. :D

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 19:50
UPDATE:

I just received a phone call from the Capitol Police and they are taking the threat very seriously. I suggest nobody from M4 post in that thread. I spoke with a detective Z(real name not posted), I hope they take this very serious because I do.

I sent emails to all of those that were threatened. I'll keep you guys posted if I get anymore phone calls.

DocHolliday01
09-12-09, 20:02

Disagreeing with someone and outright threatening them are two very different things. ;)

Mac5.56
09-12-09, 20:08
Not when its directed towards Republicans :rolleyes:.

Yep that never happened once towards a democrat by a right wing group. Not once in the history of the United States...:rolleyes:

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-12-09, 20:09
Post #13

They bring a knife, you bring a gun
they send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to the morgue

thats the Chicago way.

They have no idea who they are messing with :D

I listen to Air America every once in a while, and the host in the afternoon was talking about how only right wing people are rude in public and suggest violence, right.

John_Wayne777
09-12-09, 20:13

Those who advocate the "destruction" of public officials on this site don't stick around long because we ban them. We don't tolerate stupidity that is normal on DU.

If you find any of that constraining...well...you're always welcome to join DU.

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 20:17
QUOTED:

KingOfLostSouls (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-12-09 03:19 PM
Original message
I don't want civility, I want them DESTROYED

WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?

TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN!!!

I don't wanna make nice with racists, hate mongers, liars, frauds, corporate shills, glenn beck, sean hannity, joe wilson, etc etc.

Now is not the time for neville chamberlain.

they should be crushed, destroyed, and finished.

rob_s
09-12-09, 20:30
Is this what M4C is becoming? Discussion of DU is so TOS. :(

rickrock305
09-12-09, 20:31
Those who advocate the "destruction" of public officials on this site don't stick around long because we ban them. We don't tolerate stupidity that is normal on DU.

If you find any of that constraining...well...you're always welcome to join DU.

:D riiiiiight. apparently it just depends on what side of the aisle.

John_Wayne777
09-12-09, 20:35

Are you deliberately trying to test my patience, or is your situational awareness so bad that you don't grasp that insulting the membership of the site is treading on dangerous ground?

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 20:53
Please do not get this thread locked.

RancidSumo
09-12-09, 22:17
I didn't make it long over there. I joined and posted several times in the last couple of hours and have since been banned. I was the one posting under the tag The Fountainhead if anyone is interested or has been following the discussions over there. They deleted all my posts telling people that they are stupid for saying that anyone who is against Obama is racist.

Voodoochild
09-12-09, 23:53
Rickrock I suggest you head the warning JW777 gave you. And Rob_s don't instigate please.

Mac5.56
09-13-09, 01:29
Please don't lock a thread on M4Carbine just because someone disagrees. If you want to talk to him about trolling that is totally cool, if you want to give him a violation that is cool. But please don't lock a thread. And if you decide to, then can we kill this entire "general discussion" section of the forum?

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-13-09, 02:00
Originally Posted by rickrock305
yea, because this forum is SO open to alternative viewpoints.

I don't know what the problem is, we like both sides here; Conservative and Liberterian.

The_War_Wagon
09-13-09, 06:22
I called the Capitol Police and reported it, they seemed to know about the loonies over there. I just couldn't do nothing.

Good man. Because if these numbnuts actually managed to pull off something that stupid - and the authorities had been warned... well... there's a good chance, all Hell will break loose. :(

kaiservontexas
09-13-09, 10:09
Is this what M4C is becoming? Discussion of DU is so TOS. :(

I have been thinking that lately.

Heavy Metal
09-13-09, 10:48
I hope the Capitol Police and the FBI pay them a nice visit.

heh2k
09-13-09, 13:33
That is tame compared to William Kostric (the "water the tree of liberty" guy) and posts on glocktalk and other sites. Do you report those guys to authorities as well? Vague, idle threats against politicians are nothing new.

QuietShootr
09-13-09, 18:02
They have no idea who they are messing with :D

I listen to Air America every once in a while, and the host in the afternoon was talking about how only right wing people are rude in public and suggest violence, right.

Oh, please, please, PLEASE bring it. God, may you grant me a ****ing FIGHT instead of all this Chicago mouth bullshit.

variablebinary
09-13-09, 18:25
DU is funny.

Victory
09-13-09, 19:23
[For those of you that copied and pasted the link:] Is it just me, or is DU's website really hard to navigate?

-Vic

Safetyhit
09-13-09, 19:25
Is it just me, or is DU's website really hard to navigate?

-Vic

Don't think most here would know.

Thankfully.

M4arc
09-13-09, 19:32

Dude,

I'm not going to go over this with you again. If this is how you think things run around here you might want to just pack your bags and move on.