PDA

View Full Version : Bi-pod options

Voodoochild
02-12-07, 18:40
Would you go with a GG&G or a Harris with Larue adapter or Harris with ARMS adapter and why? I was at one point going to go the Larue route and had the adapter but it was stolen out of my old truck. So I never really thought about it for a while.

rob_s
02-12-07, 19:59
I'm holding out hope that the Vltor will eventually be available. I saw it at SHOT and it was damn cool.

Macon Due
02-12-07, 20:05
Voodoochild
I went with the YHM adaptor and Harris.Seems to work fine for me.
The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
P1300054

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Razorhunter
02-12-07, 20:13
Can anyone tell me what brand bipod is about the coolest one out there right now? I know it has "SOPMOD" in the name, and I'm THINKING it was called the LMT SOPMOD, but not sure.
That thing has got to be the coolest damn bipod I've ever seen.
It has "claw-like" feet, that just look SWEET. It costs a small fortune though...

Voodoochild
02-12-07, 21:20
How does the YHM lock in place? Got any better pics than what is on the various vendor sites?

LukeMacGillie
02-13-07, 05:28
Have you looked at the Grip Pod?

ISAIAH53
02-13-07, 06:00
I'm holding out hope that the Vltor will eventually be available. I saw it at SHOT and it was damn cool.
Rob, have you seen the Tango Down bipod, and, if so, can you offer a comparison between it and the VLTOR?

rob_s
02-13-07, 07:06
The Vltor product is/will be made from the same legs as the TD. You can find more about the Vltor here (http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access.html).

Edted to fix link.

SinnFéinM1911
02-13-07, 07:36
I think all of your choices are great except one. I will not mention the manufacturer, but they break, ALOT !

I would have to agree with Rob_3 , The VLTOR is going to be a solid unit. However, you can't go wrong with the standard TangoDown that is currently out. Light wight - Rugged !

Voodoochild
02-13-07, 16:25
So what one are you talking about SinnFéin?

Snake RAH
02-13-07, 17:13
I went with the Harris. I have 3 on 3 different uppers, one on a YHM, one on a LaRue, one on an ARMS. The LaRue is nicer than the ARMS, especially since I can adjust the tension on the lever.

The last one I put together was a YHM. The thing with detachable bipod adaptors is that if you take it off, you have exposed rail. I don't like exposed rail simply because the edges get sharp. The YHM is held on with two crossbolts, and since Harris bipods can be easily removed, I figure leaving the adaptor on and just removing the bipod would prevent exposed rail.

kbi
02-14-07, 12:17
Anybody have a pic of the Vltor bipod?

SinnFéinM1911
02-14-07, 12:30
So what one are you talking about SinnFéin?

I would rather not bash a manufacturer, but there levers break on flashlight mounts a bunch. So much to say as, I know of a Federal agency who has the M900's on pretty much all there rifles and the levers break and the flashlights still work (as much as 4-12 a month).

rob_s
02-14-07, 12:43
Anybody have a pic of the Vltor bipod?
There's a link in post #8 of this thread.

AR-15A3
02-14-07, 15:18
I really don't like to use bipods on carbines but I've got a standard GG&G just to have something if I ever would need one.

Simple, no adapters needed and lightweight.

I'm working on my SPR project now and I'm probably going with the Harris on this rifle.

koalorka
02-15-07, 16:25
I've used a Harris LM 9-13" mounted to a RAS via KAC sling stud adapter. This was on my A4 clone. If I were to go that route again I'd choose a swivelling model this time.

JSGlock34
01-18-09, 23:43
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had used the VLTOR/Tango Down two piece bipod? How does it compare to the standard Tango Down ACB-4?

Shihan
01-19-09, 15:19
Im pretty fond of my TD.

rob_s
01-19-09, 15:24
I haven't used the Vltor, still, but it was there in their booth at SHOT again. I have a new rifle in the planning stages and the Vltor bipod will be perfect for it.

Bimmer
01-19-09, 16:30
Would you go with... a Harris with Larue adapter or Harris with ARMS adapter and why?

Please explain this to me...

Why not just put a sling swivel on your lower handguard using one of Harris's $10.- adaptors, and skip the expensive/bulky/fragile adaptor?

Bimmer

rob_s
01-19-09, 17:49
Not sure what about a Larue mount is fragile, especially as compared to the sling swivel mount but....

If you already have a rail system on the gun there may be no sling swivel, or provision for same, leaving the rail as the best attachment method.

Shihan
01-19-09, 18:45
I haven't used the Vltor, still, but it was there in their booth at SHOT again. I have a new rifle in the planning stages and the Vltor bipod will be perfect for it.

Rob I could have sworn the Vltor was released?

rob_s
01-19-09, 20:24
I think it is, I just haven't had a need for one/them, so my only exposure is still via their booth.