PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help

drub
09-13-09, 03:41
first post guys - go easy!
- ok i just purchased a Umarex M4 .22 and should be getting it next week. I have a bunch of questions as I'm already looking to get some goodies with it. Any help would be a greatly appreciate it and I look forward to many years with my m4 along with this great community. Anyhow, here are my questions for NOW :D:

1. I live in California and to my understanding, I cannot have a magazine with a higher capacity than 10 rounds - but i love the look of a higher capacity magazine. Can i get a magazine that looks like high capacity but only holds 10 rounds?

2. I'm looking to get a scope for prolly under $100 - something with magnification, don't need the red dot or laser - any recommendations? I'm looking at a Nikko mountmaster 3-9x40 AO because it's cheap - but i would like something that looks tactical. I've also seen some pictures with M4s with two scopes mounted - what is that for?

3. open stock - or whatever you call it. the butt stock that pushes against your shoulder - I've seen a picture with one that looks like a hollow triangle - i can't find it anymore. does anyone know it?

that's it for now - i'm sure i'll post much more in the future as i learn more about this capabilities. thanks a bunch in advance for giving me any advice!

relevant history - i've shot my friend's umarex M4 before and i own a HK pistol .40 so i'm not totally clueless about firearms - just rifles. :D

i'm excited about getting my rifle and joining this community!
andrew.

*oops i just realized this is the wrong forum for this post - i'll move it to the right post - admins can delete this - sorry!"

Hyprlite2007
09-13-09, 14:17
Welcome to the addiction, AR's are my favorite weapon and as soon as you get one you want another. The goodies that I would recommend first are of course a rail system to mount your lights and lasers or bipods, a good light, and a vertical grip. I personally like to keep it looking Mil Spec and low cost so I went to CheaperThanDirt.com which has a large inventory of all types of accessories to fit any imagination and you cant beat their prices.

2. When your looking for an optic with zoom, its hard to price one under $100, as the ACOG has 4x zoom for $1200 which is as tactical as it gets IMO, I havent done much research on those types of sights but as they say, you get what you pay for, and to me Id rather spend $400 and get one that will A. last a long time B. isnt going to break easy and C. is reliable. But if your circumstances wont permit that price then do what you have to do to get it done and have fun for now and maybe upgrade later.

3. I think you might be referring to an ACE Skeleton stock or some other variation. They look pretty good but I put a stock saddle on my factory stock and its great, the open stock doesnt look too comfortable to me.