PDA

View Full Version : the ninja cock (one handed load video)

Cold
09-13-09, 19:20
This is how we Roll down in Georgia, nina cock style...

This is the ninja cock...
(unloaded, striker fired, table start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xfYtZOz81c

other angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8475ocNvzw

I shoot with Rob a local GM, we also both shoot for Noveske, needless to say, I learn from him...

LOKNLOD
09-13-09, 19:32
Wait- did he rack the slide with inertia??? Damn :eek:

geminidglocker
09-13-09, 19:44
This is going to be interesting. Good shootin' regardless of the drill method. I was expecting to see some kid with an Airsoft upsidedown Glock.:)

Vash1023
09-13-09, 19:46
yeah im lost too, was it precocked to reduce the amount of force necessary to cock the hammer?

geminidglocker
09-13-09, 19:55
Glock has no hammer. Thus striker-fired.

Cold
09-13-09, 20:00
Gun was unloaded, striker fired (so trigger was pulled), slide down, or said another way hammer down slide down on an empty chamber, again striker was down.

He used the inertia of his sholder to cycle a round into the gun.... It was impressive to see. Remember this guy has time to fiddle around with uber gaming techniques like the aforementioned "ninja cock"

You dont want to face him in 3 gun.... guys is fassst with the Benelli.

JHC
09-13-09, 21:09
Have you found this to work with other sized Glocks ie G17 or 19?

Amazing. I gotta give this a try. ;)

Icculus
09-14-09, 17:45
Ok first, very cool. Also I'm sure that guy could out shoot me on my best day with him drunk and blindfolded so I'm definitely not questioning his technique. I don't understand a few things though. I'm guessing the first part of the drill includes carrying the case/ammo can from the table to the bench--hence the super flash one-handed slide racking. But is loading the mag that way required for the drill? Seems it would be faster to slap the mag in and then grab the case while "ninja cocking". Also if you don't get it right and knock the mag over you're really screwed.

Something tells me I'd have to sling the shit out of it to cock the hammer on my sig:D

Cold
09-14-09, 18:55
Ok first, very cool. Also I'm sure that guy could out shoot me on my best day with him drunk and blindfolded so I'm definitely not questioning his technique. I don't understand a few things though. I'm guessing the first part of the drill includes carrying the case/ammo can from the table to the bench--hence the super flash one-handed slide racking. But is loading the mag that way required for the drill? Seems it would be faster to slap the mag in and then grab the case while "ninja cocking". Also if you don't get it right and knock the mag over you're really screwed.

Something tells me I'd have to sling the shit out of it to cock the hammer on my sig:D

Its not a drill...its a USPSA match, you can shoot the COF however you want within the limits of the stage description and governing rules. Needless to say that was major gaming but when there is a timer and score is kept...its a game, not some drill.

Icculus
09-14-09, 19:12
Its not a drill...its a USPSA match, you can shoot the COF however you want within the limits of the stage description and governing rules. Needless to say that was major gaming but when there is a timer and score is kept...its a game, not some drill.

Ok, easy man, so its not a drill (I didn't realize that drill was such a derogatory term:rolleyes:). Anyway, that wasn't really the focus of my post. So in the USPSA match/stage/game/timed-scored whatever you want to call it, obviously you said you can shoot the course of fire in whatever manner you want as long as within some basic outlined description. My question was more about is this totally for show or practicing a valid one-hand manipulation? If it wasn't specifically designed with the can to simulate one hand being incapacitated then could it be faster (and more reliable) to slap the mag in with the off hand and then grab the can while doing the crazy slide racking?

Didn't mean to offend you man. Was just asking a question.

Cold
09-14-09, 20:28
Ok, easy man, so its not a drill (I didn't realize that drill was such a derogatory term:rolleyes:). Anyway, that wasn't really the focus of my post. So in the USPSA match/stage/game/timed-scored whatever you want to call it, obviously you said you can shoot the course of fire in whatever manner you want as long as within some basic outlined description. My question was more about is this totally for show or practicing a valid one-hand manipulation? If it wasn't specifically designed with the can to simulate one hand being incapacitated then could it be faster (and more reliable) to slap the mag in with the off hand and then grab the can while doing the crazy slide racking?

Didn't mean to offend you man. Was just asking a question.

Not offended, just replying, if you took it as I was offended, I assure you, I was not. Just your own interpretation I suppose.
I dont get worked up on shooting boards I assure you ;)
As to the validity of one handed manipulation, your opinions will vary there too not really sure I can give you an objective answer.

geminidglocker
09-14-09, 20:35
Thanks for showing me that Cold. Greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see the "Mall Ninja" variant of it. Samurai Cock anyone????

Icculus
09-14-09, 20:45
I dont get worked up on shooting boards I assure you ;)

Good to know. Guess I'm too used to on a lot of boards ppl having a fit when you're just trying to ask a question and I went too much on the defensive. My bad. Why the internet will never be a replacement for good old fashion face to face conversations.:)

Perhaps dragging things a bit off course but can you instead maybe comment at all on the thinking behind the can from a from a stage design perspective? Just there to add some variety or some training/real world scenario recreation reasoning behind it? Just curious

Cold
09-14-09, 21:56
Good to know. Guess I'm too used to on a lot of boards ppl having a fit when you're just trying to ask a question and I went too much on the defensive. My bad. Why the internet will never be a replacement for good old fashion face to face conversations.:)

Perhaps dragging things a bit off course but can you instead maybe comment at all on the thinking behind the can from a from a stage design perspective? Just there to add some variety or some training/real world scenario recreation reasoning behind it? Just curious

You mean why having him carry the ammo can?

The stage designer just was adding an element of something different, usually you start hands relaxed at sides, or in surrender position. This was a table start requiring the shooter to move the ammo can from the table to the other table marked with the X, in any manner he felt doable, this was Robs choice on how to shoot the COF. In fact it was the way most shooters ran the stage (less then one handed cock).

citizensoldier16
09-14-09, 22:43
That's gotta be one heck of a light slide spring. I just tried that with my G17 (loaded with dummy rounds of course) for a good 5 minutes and not once did I get it to work.

Zhurdan
09-14-09, 23:00
You've got to have some serious rearward momentum to accomplish that! I tried about 20 times with dummy rounds and my arm and shoulder hurt as a result! Being it said it was a stock spring, I can't imagine how many repetitions it took to get it down!

Impressive... you're journey to the dark side far surpasses mine! I am but a learner, you are the master. (Darth Vader voice)

ToddG
09-15-09, 01:28
It's worth pointing out that in USPSA (like most gun games), most methods of racking the slide one-handed (on your belt, downward on the table edge) would likely get you disqualified for violating the 180 rule.

Cold
09-15-09, 09:13
That's gotta be one heck of a light slide spring. I just tried that with my G17 (loaded with dummy rounds of course) for a good 5 minutes and not once did I get it to work.

Its not, its a factory G35 guide rod and spring... it stated so at the start of one of the videos.

Cold
09-15-09, 09:14
You've got to have some serious rearward momentum to accomplish that! I tried about 20 times with dummy rounds and my arm and shoulder hurt as a result! Being it said it was a stock spring, I can't imagine how many repetitions it took to get it down!

Impressive... you're journey to the dark side far surpasses mine! I am but a learner, you are the master. (Darth Vader voice)

Rob is putting a how to video togeather, its all technique and getting a dead stop at one point before moving forward, Rob is not super strong, its technique.

ramrod
09-15-09, 10:14
It hurt when i tried it, but never got a round in the chamber. i had to watch it 3 times to figure out how he loaded the gun!

Sam
09-15-09, 12:01
The folks who've tried it said it hurts. I don't have a G34/35 but I might have to give it a try with my M&P Pro. You won't see it on youtube. :)

Sone
09-15-09, 19:23
I tried it with my 19 and couldn't get it to budge, I almost have it down with my 17.

11Bravo
09-15-09, 19:24
Who's gonna be the first to do it with an AR15?

Sam
09-15-09, 20:50
I tried it with my 19 and couldn't get it to budge, I almost have it down with my 17.

Curiosity got the best of me, I tried it with both of my M&Ps (Pro and Standard). No go for either, couldn't even get the slide to move a millimeter. :(

wake.joe
09-15-09, 21:02
Deleted

Sam
09-15-09, 21:26
Try hooking the slide on your arm pit.

Edit: No go. My arm pits are too sensitive! :D

I was trying to use the inertia like Rob Romero did in the video.

Zhurdan
09-16-09, 01:20
I tried it with my Glock 32... no go
I tried it with my 1911... no go
I tried it with my HK USP.. SUCCESS!!

I think slide weight has a lot to do with it. A full size Glock is far different than a 4" or compact. Either way, even with the full size HK, it carries a discomfort that I really don't want to revisit. Good on him for being able to do it repeatedly, but I'll train another method instead.

Cold
09-16-09, 08:07
I tried it with my Glock 32... no go
I tried it with my 1911... no go
I tried it with my HK USP.. SUCCESS!!

I think slide weight has a lot to do with it. A full size Glock is far different than a 4" or compact. Either way, even with the full size HK, it carries a discomfort that I really don't want to revisit. Good on him for being able to do it repeatedly, but I'll train another method instead.

You guys seem to miss the point, its not designed to be something used in a emergency, it was done purely for the game (USPSA) and I posted it here in the comp shooting forum for those who enjoy the game, nothing more.

Not everything is training.... sometimes you can have fun too...

Zhurdan
09-16-09, 09:25
You guys seem to miss the point, its not designed to be something used in a emergency, it was done purely for the game (USPSA) and I posted it here in the comp shooting forum for those who enjoy the game, nothing more.

I didn't miss the point at all. I was trying to figure out how the hell he did it because it was cool to watch him do it. It didn't feel real good, so I won't be trying it anymore. I know all about 'gaming' it up. In SASS, there were plenty of 'gamers'. Unfortunately, they were of the variety that is destroying the sport. I'm sure you know the type. Ammo loaded down to the bare minimums to facilitate faster follow up shots, bastardization of equipment that barely resembles what it should. Not saying that's what he's doing.

You're absolutely right, not everything is training, but sometimes you just have to figure out how the hell someone did something so you can sleep at night. ;)

Cold
09-16-09, 12:25
You're absolutely right, not everything is training, but sometimes you just have to figure out how the hell someone did something so you can sleep at night. ;)

I hear that, loud and clear.

Once the "how to" video is on you tube I will link it, Rob said it is easier than one might think, that said, I can only get my G34 to go back half way, not enough to chamber a round, yet.

JHC
09-16-09, 12:35
Oh this certainly isn't "training" as the rear sight on the bench or belt is a sure thing comparatively. It's not "gaming" per se for me as I can't afford the handicap in a match but it would make for some fun trick shooting

Keith E.
09-17-09, 14:20

Not everybody. :)

Keith

Cold
09-17-09, 19:09
Not everybody. :)

Keith

Those are the people I avoid. If you cannot have fun at these kinds of matches, whats the point?

JHC
09-19-09, 11:39
I can do 30 bodyweight pullups or 10 chinups with a 50lb dumbell hanging from my waist but I cannot even budge the slide of my G17 or G17L. Holy smokes, it looked so easy. :p

bkb0000
09-19-09, 12:04
i was pretty skeptical.. but my first try i got the slide halfway back on a g17.. my head started to hurt after 3 or 4 more tries, but i'm pretty sure i could get it if i was a little more masochistic. i'm sure a weapon with 10,000 rounds is gonna do it a lot easier than one with 200 through the pipe.

BAC
09-20-09, 16:06
How the hell...

I'm embarrassing myself trying it on my 1911.

-B