PDA

View Full Version : What are the holes on YHM hand guards for?

SW-Shooter
09-15-09, 20:32
I had a set of Specter Length YHM FF hand guards installed on one of my Carbines, initially I thought they were for sling swivels, but they don't fit. The front holes.

I can't think of what else they could be for, does anyone have any clues.

Thanks

I know, I know should have bought Larue Tactical.:o

PrivateCitizen
09-15-09, 20:35
I had a set of Specter Length YHM FF hand guards installed on one of my Carbines, initially I thought they were for sling swivels, but they don't fit.

I can't think of what else they could be for, does anyone have any clues.

Thanks

I know, I know should have bought Larue Tactical.:o

They might be for the screws for the forearm end cap?

YHM offers is as an option on their FF tubes.

SW-Shooter
09-15-09, 20:44
I meant to clarify the front holes. The ones in the rear are indeed anti rotation.

wake.joe
09-15-09, 20:46
Deleted

SW-Shooter
09-15-09, 20:51
Don't they have a "Spacer" kind of deal that screws in the front of the rail, so it blocks the view inside the handguard?

These holes are on the very end of the top of the hand guards. It after the last rail where there is a flat piece with the hole centered on it.

I have the spacer (endcap) installed.

ETA: DUH, never mind. If I would have taken the time to go to their website I would have known it's a proprietary hole for their own brand of sling swivel. I feel so stupid.

Mods , please trash this and feel free to embarrass me.

HiggsBoson
09-15-09, 21:18
ETA: DUH, never mind. If I would have taken the time to go to their website I would have known it's a proprietary hole for their own brand of sling swivel. I feel so stupid.

Mods , please trash this and feel free to embarrass me.

Naw, you're only human. I wondered about this same thing as recently as this morning. And despite my being an IT guy, I never once thought to check their site. :rolleyes: So thanks for answering my question before I even asked it.