PDA

View Full Version : what rear sight

RiddlerLS1
02-13-07, 19:53
Ok guys im fixing to build my first AR.... YAY Anyways i will be buying a package deal as far as the upper goes, from grant at grtactical. It is a flat top and im assuming has the A2 front sight (he listed parts and had "A2 FS" listed so im assuming that means A2 front sight).

I have been reading alot about sights here lately and have read about a F milspec sight base, and then i have read about differences btwn A1 and A2 front and rear sights and its all getting really confusing. I dont know what will work properly or be correct to use with an A2 front sight since it would seem that it would be different from a front sight that came on a flat top gun.

SO what rear sight will be appropriate, without any complications to work with a Flat top and an A2 front sight (assuming thats what it has)? I have been looking at the M1S and the LMT tactical rear sight. I like these set ups but i am also open to a folding rear sight (troy folding battle sight)... i just really dont know what will work with this setup as i got very confused.

Please help me figure this out or just tell me what sights will be appropriate. I will be adding either an Aimpoint or an Eotech later , but first i will need a rear sight.
Thank you all for your help.

LOKNLOD
02-13-07, 20:25
Folding, Troy. Fixed, Larue.

Since you're getting the upper from Grant anyway, talk to him about it -- he'll make sure you're hooked up.

bullitt5172
02-26-07, 09:29
Folding, Troy. Fixed, Larue.

Since you're getting the upper from Grant anyway, talk to him about it -- he'll make sure you're hooked up.

Those are the two BEST choices available today.

C4IGrant
02-26-07, 13:48
Those are the two BEST choices available today.

Agree. The LT for fixed and Troy for flip up are my favorites.

C4

AR-15A3
02-26-07, 14:56
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/COLTAR6721-TROYFDEBUIS-UP-MD.jpg
My Troy factory Flat Dark Earth (FDE) color flip up BUIS

+1 with the LaRue fixed or the Troy flip up BUIS.

If you will be only using dot sights and the fixed rear sight doesn't bother your view, a fixed LaRue can't be beat.

If you will be using a magnified scope or Aimpoint type magnifier the better choice would be the flip up Troy, they're available in black and FDE colors.

I went with the flip up BUIS because I'm planning to get an Aimpoint 3X magnifier later on.