PDA

View Full Version : BCM Receiver Extension Issue

Armati
09-16-09, 18:05
Firstly, this is not a bitch fest. I just want to know if anyone else has seen this before. Is it even worth my time to worry about it? My initial thought is to just roll with it instead of sending it back and waiting.

Below are some pics of my new BCM Receiver Extension. It has some rough machining marks. My LMT SOPMOD stock fits but their are some high machining marks that cause drag on the stock. My initial thought is to use a small brass hammer to peen these high spots down. Any reason not to do this?

It also appears as if very back interior of the receiver extension is not anodized (the silver swirls). Is this normal?

I am not really sure what to think about all of this. Should I just chalk it up to 'war time production'? Is this just how things are right now?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x50/BigSarge138/Guns/RE1.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x50/BigSarge138/Guns/RE2.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x50/BigSarge138/Guns/RE3.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x50/BigSarge138/Guns/RE4.jpg

spamsammich
09-16-09, 18:12
What did BCM say about this?

Armati
09-16-09, 19:48
Well, I really didn't want to make a big hairy deal about it. If it is something I can live with then I will just use it. The cosmetics don't really bother me.

I am only concerned about peening down the rough spots that affect the stock fit. And, if there really is a bare aluminum at the back of the receiver extension. My only concern about that is possible salt water corrosion.

Really, based on the experience of some of the Subject Matter Experts here, is there a reason to send it back?

rob_s
09-16-09, 20:14
Contact BCM. Paul will make it right.

dcs12345
09-21-09, 15:50
Before you do anything to the extention contact BCM. If you beat on the extention with a hammer then they will most likely not be able to help you.

Fireglock
09-21-09, 17:28
Like has been said several times, e-mail BCM, they want you happy. They went the extra distance for me, that's why they have a stellar rating here. :)

Iraqgunz
09-21-09, 18:05
You should have contacted BCM about this before posting it here. It's part of the M4C rules. It obviously bothered you enough to post it here.

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

Well, I really didn't want to make a big hairy deal about it. If it is something I can live with then I will just use it. The cosmetics don't really bother me.

I am only concerned about peening down the rough spots that affect the stock fit. And, if there really is a bare aluminum at the back of the receiver extension. My only concern about that is possible salt water corrosion.

Really, based on the experience of some of the Subject Matter Experts here, is there a reason to send it back?

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
09-21-09, 21:11
I e-mailed BCM after I saw the post as I had recently ordered a few tubes myself and noticed the back end of the interior was not completely finished on them. My concerns of malfunctions or corrosion were allayed and I was told it is a cosmetic issue only so I'm gonna keep mine. I was told to contact them if I did ever have a problem and they would be replaced! They didn't have any issues with general shape or machining however, just the finish. Good stuff. I would e-mail or call them so they can help you out. I've placed several orders with them and they are top notch. :D

Armati
09-22-09, 16:57
You should have contacted BCM about this before posting it here.

Sorry about that.

It was not my intent to flame BCM, I was just looking for the SME's here to chime on the serviceability of the part. I really see the cosmetics as no big deal. I just wanted to start my new build. I was ready to peen down the high spots with a small brass hammer.

All the same, I did contact BCM and they were great.

Honestly, shockingly good customer service. I sent them an email in the evening and they got back to me early the next business day. No questions asked, the new part arrived in two days via USPS.

Right now Brownells, G&R Tactical, and Bravo Company are my main suppliers.