PDA

View Full Version : US Army Ranger Stabbed In His Front Yard

9DivDoc
02-13-07, 21:26
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=176806

Title: An Army Ranger stabbed in his front yard [hate crime]
Source: KFYI Talk Radio
URL Source: http://www.kfyi.com/pages/local_news.html?feed=118695&article=1709219
Published: Feb 13, 2007
Author: KFYI
Post Date: 2007-02-13 19:24:22 by donna
23 Comments

An account has been set up to help the family at the Southwest Healthcare Credit Union at 16th street and Thomas. A decorated Arizona veteran back from Iraq is fighting for his life. His injuries are not from war, but allegedly at the hands of a neighbor.

Army Ranger Jason Okon was stabbed in his front yard Feb. 2.

In a news conference Tuesday, Elizabeth Okon said she saw her husband get stabbed. She said the suspect, Armando Lozano, lives down the street from them.

Okon said Lozano was standing by the couple's front yard and she asked her husband to see if the man needed help. "The man lifted up a knife and proceeded through a metal gate that’s in my brick wall, coming onto my property," Okon said.

"My husband had said, 'Please don't come into my yard,' and the guy said something in Spanish, I don't know what it was or what it sounded like, and he ran up to my husband within a split second and stabbed him one time and then took off down the street running."

Okon was stabbed in the liver and is listed in stable condition at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital.

Lozano is being held on four counts of aggravated assault. Elizabeth Okon said the police investigators told her it was a hate crime because of the comments the suspect made during the arrest process.

Hawkeye
02-14-07, 09:08
Dont worry. I have been told by numerous high ranking officials that illegal aliens are not a problem, not dangerous, and nothing to be concerned with.

:rolleyes:

Nathan_Bell
02-14-07, 10:00
Dont worry. I have been told by numerous high ranking officials that illegal aliens are not a problem, not dangerous, and nothing to be concerned with.

:rolleyes:

Yup, they are just here to do jobs that no American would want to do. :rolleyes:

They have nothing to do with drugs, rape, murder, or smuggling of potential terrs.

Obiwan
02-14-07, 10:46
Where does it say the perp was an illegal:confused:

Hawkeye
02-14-07, 11:07

http://www.kpho.com/news/11001314/detail.html

Soldier Stabbed After Return From Iraq

POSTED: 12:23 pm MST February 13, 2007
UPDATED: 5:38 am MST February 14, 2007

PHOENIX -- A Valley soldier is fighting for his life after he was stabbed 11 days ago in his front yard.

Jason Okon is a three-year Army veteran who recently returned from Iraq, where he was awarded a Bronze Star for valor.

He planned to get a full-time job when he returned, and eventually attend Arizona State University. When he couldn't find work, he and his wife decided to move to Wisconsin.

Okon's wife, Elizabeth, said her husband was doing some yard work the day before they were scheduled to move to Wisconsin.

Elizabeth Okon said a man, later identified as 34-year-old Armando Martinez-Lozano, approached Okon with a knife and said something to him in Spanish. She said her husband told Martinez-Lozano to leave, and the other man stabbed Okon in the stomach and ran away.

KTAR reported that Martinez-Lozano lived within a block of the Okons' home, near 54th Avenue and Camelback Road.

Elizabeth Okon called 911 and her husband was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he remains in the intensive care unit. He is comatose and on a ventilator, but his wife said Okon is in stable condition.

Martinez-Lozano was arrested by police and jailed on charges of aggravated assault against Okon and the three officers who arrested him.

Police said Martinez-Lozano is an illegal immigrant and the Immigration and Naturalization Service has placed a hold on him.

Okon's family and friends said they think the stabbing was a hate crime because Okon is a decorated soldier. His wife said he often wore his camouflage around town and in their yard.

"This is domestic terrorism in its rawest form," family friend Albert Fernandez said.

Police have not labeled the stabbing a hate crime.

An account has been set up at Southwest Healthcare Credit Union to help the Okon family. Elizabeth Okon is pregnant and the Okons have two daughters, ages 2 and a-half years and 8 months old, and sold almost all of their possessions in anticipation of their move to Wisconsin. Elizabeth Okon and the children have been staying with a neighbor.

Obiwan
02-14-07, 11:55
Thanks

That link has a lot more detail

Cyclic240B
02-15-07, 15:48
*Sigh* Just stabbing Americans that America does not feel like stabbing..... :mad:

Nathan_Bell
02-15-07, 16:06
*Sigh* Just stabbing Americans that America does not feel like stabbing..... :mad:

I am as annoyed and pissed as you are about how this is portrayed, but I gotta tell ya When I read your comment I got the best laugh I have had in a while. :p

Crash
02-15-07, 20:55
So... the guy supposedly hates white people.... and he moves to America? We've got a thinker here boys.

mike240
02-16-07, 00:24

This IS Phoenix.

You won't get better odds until the Colts play you kids Pop Warner team.

MudBug
02-16-07, 02:08
So... the guy supposedly hates white people.... and he moves to America? We've got a thinker here boys.

I think it was about hating him as a soldier, not about his color.

Shihan
02-16-07, 06:08
This is terrible!!! the victim Jason Okon lives in a mostly Mexican neighborhood, with a high rate of illegals. Im sure the scum bag non-English speaking SOB is resentful of the military presence that is rounding up those hoping the border. I will keep checking to see when he comes out of the coma and try to get down and visit with him.

Thanks

Obiwan
02-16-07, 07:44
What struck me was that the first two articles made no mention of him being an illegal

They said Okon was stabbed by "a neighbor"

Kind of like the mall shooter...nobody wanted to be the first to point out he was a muslim

1SFG
02-16-07, 09:54
What struck me was that the first two articles made no mention of him being an illegal

Kind of like the mall shooter...nobody wanted to be the first to point out he was a muslim

probably because there has been no information so far to suggest that his being muslim had anything to do with him being a DFK (dumb f'ing kid) who decided to park his ass in a mall and kill innocent people. don't worry though - nobody pointed out the religious affiliation of the DFWK (dumb f'ing white kid) who decided to lay in wait at a police station here in NoVa and start blasting cops.

Rest up and get back in the fight Ranger. RLTW!

Obiwan
02-16-07, 11:19
I don't mean to insinuate that all muslims are bad....in the case of illegals ...well I am probably ready to make that case

the Muslim kid was a bad example...although nobody knows for sure that his religion did not play a part...except him :-)

It just seems like the media AVOIDS giving out that kind of information

By extension, pointing out the race of a criminal is seen as fine although that generally has very little bearing on the crime

And yet we feel free to call something a hate crime...like we can somehow get inside the perps head

And any time you point to any statistics tied to race you are labled a racist

Now...if the DFWK turned out to be a white supremacist...then it would be in all the headlines

Seth Harness
02-16-07, 12:36
I just wish the goofy bastards would call jihad once and for all, and come running all at once, so we could get rid of them. sorry If thats considered hate.

Seth Harness
02-16-07, 17:37
I guess what im saying is, anyone who attacks a soldier for his purpose in war, I consider a terrorist. same goes for those who spit in the faces of the men who returned from vietnam, and the band of dipshits who attend fallen soldiers funerals and protest, F**KIN SWINE!!! :mad: :mad:

Foxandreed
02-19-07, 01:41
So can we execute him for treason or does he just get deported to come back at a later date.

rayray
02-22-07, 19:10

Thats the media for You. They'll go after gun owners right away. But criminals always get a break.

Jarhead0331
02-22-07, 21:04
Wish the Ranger was armed, and dispatched that POS staight to hell.

Bolt_Overide
02-22-07, 23:10
Sad part is the **** probably wont do two years.

Shihan
02-23-07, 21:09
When they release him and deport him he will sneak back again over the border. He better hope I have retired by then!

Joseywales
02-23-07, 22:06
The politicians, nearly all of them, have really ****ed us. This is not the beginning, nor is it the end. It is just a sample of more to come.

Another reason why Guiliani will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER get my vote. Or any democrat either.

WTF is Newt Gingritch for God's sake? Will he run?:confused: