PDA

View Full Version : My CapnCrunch inspired build

BravoCompanyUSA
07-03-06, 17:15
Tally built up a real nice shorty on one of our BCM 11.5" prototypes, and I thought I would try out that set up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/TallyBCM11.jpg
Pictured above is his set up with a KAC 10" FF RAS and S&B Short Dot.

This is still very much a work in process. . . .
I am saving up for a Short Dot, so I thought I would try a similar set up to see how I liked it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/100_2513.jpg
One thing I noticed was the "feel" of this light weight shorty was even lighter with the small low pro gas block in place of the standard FSB. I have a DD 9.0 on the shelf, and a Accupoint in a LT mount in the safe (a poor mans Short Dot :p )
The Troy sights fit under the optic with room to spare. I have some custom made 10" DD rails in the works, so when they are ready I will probably remove the 9" and install a 10". Then I won't need to trim the bottom TD panel.
Most of my personal set ups have the original taper pinned OEM forged FSB, but I plan on pinning the low pro gas block (it probably won't be pretty), but really solid.
If the adaptors for the SF Supressors fit, this has the potential of being my favorate shorty.

ArchAngel
07-03-06, 17:39
Nice!

Send mine in OD.

M4arc
07-03-06, 17:57
That's sweet!

CapnCrunch
07-03-06, 18:21
I'd run the living piss out of that. That is one sweet upper. With the 9.0 you definately have enough room for the FA556K. I'll have to wait until I get the FH's until we know for sure about the 10".

Turbo Supra
07-04-06, 10:08
Somebody please rescue me from this Demo-commie state. Illinois reeeeeally needs to allow SBRs... Damn it. :(

Robb Jensen
07-04-06, 10:24
Very nice.:D

JLM
07-13-06, 01:41
Mmmm, good stuff Paul.

How do you like the glass you are using?

Ice Cream Man
07-13-06, 21:53
Very nice!

BravoCompanyUSA
07-13-06, 22:20
Mmmm, good stuff Paul.

How do you like the glass you are using?

I usually use an Aimpoint or ACOG, so I am just getting used to it. It is pretty darn nice. It is no S&B, but at 1/3 the cost - it is a good value.

KevinB
07-15-06, 07:59
Very nice...

I got too much on my plate right now for new build -- but this one will go on the too do list...

GIFFMANN
07-15-06, 16:39
Paul,
Looks great and VERY similar to a build I'm trying to put together right now....if I could only get the pins out of my Colt FSB!

I'd really like to pick up a TR21 later this year myself. Can't justify the Short Dot, but the TR21 could probably be justified.