PDA

View Full Version : New BCM Chest Harness?

GlockWRX
09-18-09, 15:11
Has anyone seen the new BCM chest harness (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm) yet? Sounds interesting, but would like to see some pics.

Any insiders had a chance to use it yet?

kdcgrohl
09-18-09, 15:17
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

Also interested.

Iraq Ninja
09-18-09, 15:31
With that four mag setup, it appears that there is not a lot of room for a med kit.

http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/03%20msf%20multi.jpg

rob_s
09-18-09, 15:32
Based on the name (as well as the fact that the design looks familiar) I would bet our own USMC03 has something to do with that. His pictures have taken on an "03 Design Group" water mark of late and he has mentioned that being his company, so it would appear that the"design" is for nylon gear designs.

Just my educated guess. :cool:

Heavy Metal
09-18-09, 15:38
Does it have a drag handle?

big 54r
09-18-09, 15:48
did I miss the price?
didn't see cost in the add or ooverlooked it.

rob_s
09-18-09, 16:00
did I miss the price?
didn't see cost in the add or ooverlooked it.

The link was to the Bravo Company Manufacturing website which is the product production arm of Bravo Company USA, the retail outlet.

calicojack
09-18-09, 16:31

BAC
09-18-09, 17:11
The only med pouch I know that fits on 2 PALS columns is the HSGI blowout/bleeder pouch. The description makes it sound like it's not something meant for an infantryman so much as for a LEO, civilian, and/or carbine-class participant. Or maybe one of those HSLD dudes who get to grow beards and stand with their hands in their pockets.

Any thoughts on how concealable this is? I mention that because it's one of the rig's selling points. I own only one jacket I can wear over my Eagle M4LE chest rig that doesn't look conspicuous... except that it's a jacket and I live in FL. And unless you're concealing your rifle I still have a problem understanding the concept of a chest rig that can be hidden beneath clothing.

-B

calicojack
09-18-09, 17:23

Lawdog537
09-18-09, 18:04
tick, tick, tick, Come on Jeff, you're killin' me............Also, will you be able to tell who makes it for you?

GREAT LOOKING RIG!!!!!!!!!!

LonghunterCO
09-18-09, 18:19
Interested.

LOKNLOD
09-18-09, 18:27
IIRC it looks real similar to a rig Diz had made back before he went on hiatus, that Jeff had shown off back in the day and lots of people were digging it but no more were to be had.

I like the "bullets and water" setup, but that's just subjective with my own uses in mind. Glad to see this hitting the market, anyone know a price range yet?

BAC
09-18-09, 18:31
calicojack, I had not read this, no. Slipped to pg2 when I wasn't paying attention. I really like that OSOE pouch...

To be clear, I like the idea of this rig. For my personal uses, I think it would be great, as the only things I need to carry to the line are mags, water, and emergency aid stuff. I won't be humping a pack around a carbine course, nor carrying more than 4 mags beside the 1 in the gun (2 if I eventually go with a Redi-mod). My earlier response is simply seeking clarification for how something of this nature could be concealable, as in my own limited experience with trying to hide a chest rig for shits and giggles I couldn't figure out how to do it effectively without a sports jacket.

-B

CaptainDooley
09-18-09, 22:43
Looks like a great simple rig. Given BCM's great attention to detail and quality, I'll have to pick one up.

JSGlock34
09-18-09, 23:12
From this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15249)by USMC03...I think this is the inspiration for the BCM rig.

This year I am changing up a few things in the way in which I run my guns and gear.

I work as a plain clothes Detective and I'm also on the SWAT team.

Due to my current assignment I don't wear a concealable vest during my entire shift. I wear it on an as needed basis. For most SWAT missions I wear a Eagle Ind. Law Enforcement CIRAS.

I have found over the last several years that there was void between my concealable body armor (low profile, but lacked the ability to support any kind of gear) and the LE CIRAS (could support mission essencial gear, but was not as low profile and takes longer to don).

A few examples of when a low profile / quick to don rig that would support some mission essencial gear would be beneficial:

- When my unit is serving a small knock and anounce warrants (don't really need the CIRAS, but need more than just an concealable vest)

- SWAT is assisting narcotics or another unit with a mission were I'm sitting in a car in plain clothes (buy / bust operation, etc) (I need something that will fit under a button down shirt and can carry M4 mags, pepper spray, radio, etc)

- In the office and an "in progress" call goes out (ie. bank robbery in progress, shooting in progress, etc) and I need to grab my rifle, gear, and run out the door (in a situation like this I have found the CIRAS took to long *for me* to don)

Several months ago I contacted Mike Dismuke (Diz) owner / operator of U/W Gear Waxhaw, NC. Over the years Diz and I have had several long on line discussions about gear. My initial idea was to have a custom rig simular to the Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with X-Harness and Hydro pouch that I used several years ago.

The 2 piece MAV + X-Harness + Hydro carrier was more reminiscent of the old South Africian Assault Vest M83 than a true chest rig.

Diz and I spec'ed out two rigs. One black for use at work, and a very simular rig in Coyote Brown for training (with the training rig we omitted the radio pouch which was not needed for training).

The idea behind the vest was to have something that I could easily throw on over my concealable body armor, that was low profile, easy to don, modular, carried just the gear that I needed (ie. radio, M4 magazines, pepper spray, etc), minimalist in nature, comfortable, and incorporated ease of mobility into the design.

What Diz designed is what he calls the "USMC03 rig", which is a slightly modified version of his "Minuteman" rig.

With this rig I can throw my concealable vest on over my head, secure the 4 velcro straps, throw Diz's rig on my shoulders, and go. Takes about 3 - 4 seconds.

Front side of the rig (Tactical Tailor triple mag pouch and Maxpedition RollyPolly attached to PALS webbing on the mag pouches)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0604.jpg?t=1212442698

Back side
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0606.jpg?t=1212442723

Right side
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0605.jpg?t=1212442819

Left side (Tactical Tailor triple mag pouch and Maxpedition RollyPolly attached to PALS webbing on the mag pouches)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0607.jpg?t=1212442838

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0666.jpg?t=1212442874

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0667.jpg?t=1212442928

Bungee cord with webbing loops hold mags securely in the pouch
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0668.jpg?t=1212442960

Leather material on the strong side shoulder added extra grip when the stock is in the shoulder
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0669.jpg?t=1212443031

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0672.jpg?t=1212443105

Diz uses a kydex insert that adds extra tension to the mag but doesn't effect the fluid draw of the magazine from the pouch
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Gear%20pics/IMG_0673.jpg?t=1212443138

I recently wore this rig during two days of Pat Rogers Carbine Operators course. The rig exceeded my expectations in both performance and comfort.

Initially I had some concers about the kydex inserts in the magazine pouches and was going to removed them. After running the course with the kydex inserts I had no issues with them and actually prefer them.

The quality of the craftmanship of the rig is top shelf.

After wearing a piece of gear for a couple days, most people will almost always find something that they want to change or have modified. I am one of those people who are constantly changing or modifying gear to have it better suit my needs. After some quality range time with this rig, there was nothing that I wanted to change and nothing that I wanted to have modified.

What more can be said. Awesome design, awesome craftmanship, from an awesome individual.

Diz (U/W Gear) can be contacted at: mdismuke@carolina.rr.com

S/F,
Jeff

Iraq Ninja
09-18-09, 23:26
Calicojack,

I too like the SOE pouch, but not as a stand alone. For someone who likes to put a few bandages in their pockets or flight suit, it is a good option. Depends on your environment.

From my experience, anyone working around firearms needs a minimum of two bandages.

I too like the idea of this vest. I prefer an open front, but you loose MOLLE slots. The shoulder harness seems well designed for comfort, but you loose moore MOLLE.

I can't tell if the front straps have buckles or not. Not a big deal if not, since they do tend to break a lot when you have a drag someone.

Overall, this vest seems geared more for the civilian tactical market than the military warfighter. There is not enough real estate for mission essential kit. Still, does a civilian really need a lot of MOLLE?

BAC
09-18-09, 23:53
Slight off-topic:

Iraq Ninja, would the OSOE pouch not be supplemental to a full-blown IFAK, much in the same way you have a tourniquet outside the med pouches to supplement what's in the med pouches? Keep a couple immediate 'must have right freakin' now' items in the little pouch, and the big pouch is more for someone else to grab while you're using your small-pouch stuff to plug the hole in the meanwhile? Or maybe I'm completely butchering medical doctrine. :D

Still, the more I look at this rig the more I like it for my purposes. Small med pouch on one side, small GP pouch for a note cards, Twinkies, etc., on the other side, and four mags to support the gun. Sounds shiny to me. Of course, if that shiny costs $200 I might find my interest diminished...

-B

Alex F
09-19-09, 11:20
I like the design a lot. I'll be buying one when they're available.

Mark/MO
09-19-09, 13:25
I keep looking for a simple chest rig and really like the looks of this one. The front opening part appeals to me. Does anyone know if the pouches have kydex inserts?

zchen
09-19-09, 16:41
I too like the idea of this vest. I prefer an open front, but you loose MOLLE slots. The shoulder harness seems well designed for comfort, but you loose moore MOLLE.

it looks like one could conceivably use a tactical tailor 2 piece MAV center adapter on this and gain back 2x3 rows of molle webbing?

calicojack
09-20-09, 12:44

Iraq Ninja
09-20-09, 13:36
Slight off-topic:

Iraq Ninja, would the OSOE pouch not be supplemental to a full-blown IFAK, much in the same way you have a tourniquet outside the med pouches to supplement what's in the med pouches? Keep a couple immediate 'must have right freakin' now' items in the little pouch, and the big pouch is more for someone else to grab while you're using your small-pouch stuff to plug the hole in the meanwhile? Or maybe I'm completely butchering medical doctrine. :D

-B

Depends on the situation I think.

Yes, one tourniquet is on my vest for me to use quickly, and others to see immediately. The other one rides on top of my IFAK (Blue Force Gear). I use two due to the traumatic results that an IED may cause. Do you need two? I can't say for your situation and thinking.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Gun%20stuff/DSC00674.jpg

I only supplement my IFAK with the one extra tourniquet and one extra bandage located in the center pocket of a 10 speed pouch. I could put it in my leg pockets, but if my leg ends up laying in the back seat...well you get the picture. Do we need two bandages? I do, and the only time I had to use my IFAK I ended up needed both.

For the average person, I would go with one IFAK and not use a second smaller IFAK to supplement. To me, that second IFAK is not multifunctional. I could just as easily use a double M4 mag pouch and stuff a bandage and other things in it, and still have it for mags if needed, a pistol, or a radio.

BAC
09-20-09, 15:57
All good points. As a civilian I don't believe I need a separate emergency and primary aid kit; for my purposes, the smaller pouch is probably not detrimental at all, since I'd likely need only a bandage, chest seal, hemostatic agent, and tourniquet. My needs very obviously differ from someone living off what's on their backs and in their chest rigs and plate carriers in hostile territory for hours/days at a time. I am also limited by my lack of training; bandages, chest seals, and hemostatic agents are usually pretty easy to use, and I suspect after some practice using the TQ will become easy as well.

That being said, there's not a whole lot of space on this BCM chest rig. If space was not an issue, there's probably no harm at all in a larger pouch like the Blue Force Gear TKN.

(Slick idea for using the ten-speed pouch like that, though.)

-B

GlockWRX
09-22-09, 11:48
Looks like Bravocompanyusa has updated their page with the 03 MSF chest harness. MSRP is $199 and the listed price is $179.

NinjaMedic
09-22-09, 11:56
If I can give you one piece of advice its that you need to carry two tourniquets. Something that does enough damage to an extremity to require a tourniquet usually has a very good chance of damaging the other as well whether it be a bullet, IED, or even just someone getting hit on the side of the road changing a tire and loosing both legs. ALWAYS have two tourniquets, the space and cost is so miniscule compared to the the benefit that there is no reason not to. Just my .02 cents.

rob_s
09-22-09, 12:09
If I can give you one piece of advice its that you need to carry two tourniquets. Something that does enough damage to an extremity to require a tourniquet usually has a very good chance of damaging the other as well whether it be a bullet, IED, or even just someone getting hit on the side of the road changing a tire and loosing both legs. ALWAYS have two tourniquets, the space and cost is so miniscule compared to the the benefit that there is no reason not to. Just my .02 cents.

Any thoughts on them being different types?

I have a TQN with a SOF-T in it now on my chest, and I am going to be putting a TKN on my new rig and was going to put a TK4-L inside that.

NinjaMedic
09-22-09, 12:31
Kind of like firearms . . . as long as you know how to use it correctly and it works, then I think you are good to go, you just dont want to be caught with one when you need two been there and not a good feeling. Might be a bigger concern if you are trying to standardize amongst a unit or just want one style.

Iraq Ninja
09-22-09, 13:35
Something else to think about...

Just because there are only two rows available doesn't mean you can't put a three row pouch on it. One row will extend off the harness, but the pouch is fairly well secured.

Another option is to put a 2 or 3 rifle mag pouch on the 2 rows. Use it as your med pouch. Not as fancy, but it will hold more stuff.

I used to do this before med pouches got so popular. I used duct tape to "ladder" the items. It started with a bandage with two pieces of tape hanging down. The other items were sandwiched perpendicular between the tape. So, I could pull the whole thing out and not loose stuff. S roll it up and stick it in the pouch. The BFG pouch is similar in concept. This way, you don't have to dig through a pouch on your side to find what you want.

rob_s
09-22-09, 13:52
Another option is to put a 2 or 3 rifle mag pouch on the 2 rows. Use it as your med pouch. Not as fancy, but it will hold more stuff.

When I started to look into carrying med supplies I bought a Specter Gear 2-mag pouch. Besides having trouble fitting much of anything in it, the sides are also too low. I have tried packing it a few different ways without much success. I think 3-mag version might work better.

I have pictures somewhere of my various attempts at packing it.

JSGlock34
09-22-09, 18:26
This seems like a great rig for a tactical carbine class in warm weather. Carry four magazines up to the line along with a camelback. The design looks pretty breathable too.

PrivateCitizen
09-22-09, 18:26
Anyone know if the mag pouches are lined with anything (kydex, etc)?

And I would love to see an all MOLLE version to allow for better multi-role.

the judge
09-23-09, 22:37
it looks like one could conceivably use a tactical tailor 2 piece MAV center adapter on this and gain back 2x3 rows of molle webbing?

Or...just a two piece MAV altogether. This is a nice looking rig, but it isn't anything new. The TT MAV and copies of it have been around for ages.

armakraut
09-23-09, 22:46
Looks really nice.

Couple questions/comments.

You could maybe solve any panel space issues by making the back/sides one piece and offering adjustment in the front.

Can you stuff an AK mag in the pouches?

Would a single release in front be a no bueno for stability?

CaptainDooley
09-23-09, 22:51
Or...just a two piece MAV altogether. This is a nice looking rig, but it isn't anything new. The TT MAV and copies of it have been around for ages.

The TT 2 piece MAV set up the same way (4 Mag Pouches, comparable hydration unit and X-Harness) in Multicam runs $230.25 - so you save $50 with this guy... seems like a good deal to me then, assuming the build quality is the same.

eggroll
09-27-09, 23:46
that looks ALOT like practical tactical's Mesa rig....

NOT AT All

USMC03
09-29-09, 17:15
A little background on the 03 MSF Chest Harness

Let me start off by saying I didn't invent the 2 piece chest rig with yoke and hydro carrier. The origional design goes back to the late 70's / early 80's. The South African M83 battle vest is probably the first of all 2 piece chest rig with a yoke and hydration carrier currently avalible on the market.

I have been using 2 piece (also know as split front chest rigs) since 2000 for both work and training classes. My first 2 piece chest rig was a S.O.E. chest rig with hydro carrier that I wore over my body armor for SWAT. The pic in my avatar shows me wearing the SOE Force vest over my body armor from the Magpul MSS (pre M93 stock) test and eval (pic was taken in Feb of 2002). This was before body armor carriers covered in PALS webbing was readily available on the civilian / law enforcement market.

Since 2000 I have used numerous different split front chest rigs (South African M83 Battle Vest, Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with x-harness and hydro carrier, several of the S.O.E. split front chest rigs with hydro carreirs, SO Tech Hellcats, TAG Split Front Chest Rigs, Eagle Ind. Load Bearing Air Rescue Vest and Enhanced Load Bearing Vest, London Bridge Trading, and several other 2 piece desigs). I have spent a small fortune on tactical gear over the years.

The major complaint I had with all of the designs I used over the years was most split front chest rigs were either too large and/or too cumbersome for my needs. Most of the designs listed above were geared toward military users and the designs were overkill for what I wanted and needed in a chest rig. At 5'06" / 150 lbs some of these rigs were too large for me, and some would fit but I was at the maximum adjustment.

My origional chest rig design dates back to around 2004 based on my needs at work and based on lessons learned from wearing several other 2 piece chest rigs. There was a void in the market. I wanted a low profile 2 piece chest rig with yoke and hydro carrier that carried the gear that I needed without a lot of stuff that I didn't need. I'm a cop and I take a lot of training classes. I don't need an MBITR pouch or grenade pouches or smoke pouches or the ability to carry 8 - 14 rifle mags, etc. There wasn't much avalible in the way of low profile 2 piece chest rigs, and attaching a yoke and hydro carrier to a 1 piece chest rig is a pain to get into or out of.

In 2004/2005 I posted the concept for my design on another forum (unpadded yoke, detachable hydro carrier, each side of the two piece chest rig would be 6 PALS channels (12 total PALS channels), capable of carrying 4 to 6 M4 magazines). After I posted the design concept and features I was contacted by a gear company who wanted to put that chest rig design (and a plate carrier deisgn I had) into production. That company never followed through and the chest rig and plate carrier was never made.

Diz and I have been friends and have shared info on-line for approximatley the last 8 years. Diz is a great dude and produces some of the best custom gear I have seen. Diz and I had several on-line conversations about different gear set ups over the years. It was due to this background that I went to Diz to build my custom chest rigs in early 2008 when he started building custom gear full time.

The chest shown on page 1 of this thread was my design and custom built to my specs by Diz. Diz named that rig the the USMC03 chest rig. Two were made, the tan (training) chest rig shown on page 1 that carried 6 mags, and a black one he made me for work that looked almost idential and carried 4 mags, a radio, and a pistol.

I received a lot of positive feedback on my design. 5 years after I came up with the origional design, I wouldn't have thought the design would still be relevant. After a lot of hard work and overcoming setbacks, the design will finally be avalible.

In reference to the questions about this rig being concealable. This was one of the requirements I had from work. During VIP details, buy / bust operations, etc. there are times where in some occupations you need the ability to sit in a car in a parking lot (or other public location) with the chest harness concealed with a button down shirt or light jacket and blend in with the rest of the population. The review will cover this a little better (along with pics for a visual).

Med pouches. Like many I have found a need for a med pouch that is only 2 PALS channels wide (ie. plate carrier, LEO CIRAS, etc. where you only have 8 PALS channels) and like others I have used a double or triple M4 mag pouch. Initially I had a med pouch design incorporated into the chest harness but it didn't make it onto the production model. But it looks like there are some designs on the market that I was unaware of.

A complete review should be posted in a couple weeks.

niquorice
09-29-09, 19:44
Why the decision for 4 mags vs 4 mags, pistol, radio vs 6 mags? Was it a manufacturer decision that just made it to production models?

USMC03
09-29-09, 20:23
I only carry 4 mags on my gear at work. I've never been in a training class where I needed more than 4 mags on my body.

4 mags - makes the rig the most versatile considering the real estate that's avalible. With the current configuration it doesn't interfer with the draw stroke of the pistol if you are using an inside the waist band or outside the waist band holster.

You can also add pouches (rifle mag pouches, pistol mag pouches, misc pouches, med pouches, radio pouch, etc) as you need them.

GIFFMANN
09-29-09, 22:15
Med pouches. Like many I have found a need for a med pouch that is only 2 PALS channels wide (ie. plate carrier, LEO CIRAS, etc. where you only have 8 PALS channels) and like others I have used a double or triple M4 mag pouch. Initially I had a med pouch design incorporated into the chest harness but it didn't make it onto the production model. But it looks like there are some designs on the market that I was unaware of.

A complete review should be posted in a couple weeks.

Jeff,
I've got a med pouch that is 2 channels wide IIRC. It's marketed by a company in Canada, but I'm supposed to be bringing some in. If you're interested, I can send you a sample to play with for awhile.

Giff

armakraut
09-29-09, 23:22
I'll probably be down for one regardless.

USMC, do you think the shingles would take an AK mag? Most of the AR shingles I've used would take one, with the only possible exception being the TT style, or if I tried to use Bulgarian polymer 7.62x39 mags, which were a bit thicker than the regular steel mags. Retention was pretty decent by virtue of the shape and locking tab on the mags.

Okami099
09-30-09, 05:33
+1 Thanks

USMC, do you think the shingles would take an AK mag? Most of the AR shingles I've used would take one, with the only possible exception being the TT style, or if I tried to use Bulgarian polymer 7.62x39 mags, which were a bit thicker than the regular steel mags. Retention was pretty decent by virtue of the shape and locking tab on the mags.

USMC03
09-30-09, 06:29
The pouches were specificially made for AR mags. They fit USGI, Magpul PMAG, Tango Down ACR, H&K, etc. just perfectly. I don't know about AK mags. I'll try to find out.

SiGfever
10-11-09, 18:42
Any word on when these will be in-stock? The attention to detail even to the angle of the straps is very impressive. I will be ordering one as soon as they are available.

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
10-11-09, 19:39
Any input on if the harness is removeable?

USMC03
10-11-09, 20:31
Any word on when these will be in-stock? The attention to detail even to the angle of the straps is very impressive. I will be ordering one as soon as they are available.

Soon ...... That's all I can say at the moment ;)

However, you can sign up for email notifications (ie. you will be notified when the 03 MSF is in stock).

-Go to www.bravocompanyusa.com and sign up for an account.

-Once you have signed up for an account and you log in, go to: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm

-Then click on any of the links on the bottom of the page (
BCM 03 Modular Split Front Chest Harness (03 MSF) - Black, Coyote Brown, or MultiCam)

-After clicking on the link at the bottom of the page you will go to the order page. Look on the right hand side of the page. Under the "Add to Cart" and "Add to Wish List" buttons there is a link that you can click that says: "Email me when Back-In-Stock"

-Click on the "Email me when Back-In-Stock" when back in stock link and you will receive an email notification when the 03 MSF is back in stock.

Hope this helps.

Any input on if the harness is removeable?

Yes. Remove the A-Strap via the tri-glide buckle and the yoke can be removed from the body of the chest harness. A pic can explain it better than I can articulate it.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/03%20Design%20Group-BCM/DPP_0031copy.jpg

I'll probably be down for one regardless.

While other assault rifle magazines may fit the mag pouches on the 03 MSF, it was designed around the M16 FOW STANAG magazines and that is all we guarantee to fit.

That being said, I had someone involved with this project check AK magazines for me and this was his reply:

"AK74 (5.45x39) mags will fit. AK47 (7.62x39) mags were close and may fit depending on who made the mag."

I don't have AK magazines on hand, so that is the only information I can provide in regards to AK mags fitting in the magazine pouches on the 03 MSF.

Hope this helps :cool:

SiGfever
10-11-09, 20:55
Soon ...... That's all I can say at the moment ;)

However, you can sign up for email notifications (ie. you will be notified when the 03 MSF is in stock).

-Go to www.bravocompanyusa.com and sign up for an account.

-Once you have signed up for an account and you log in, go to: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm

-Then click on any of the links on the bottom of the page (
BCM 03 Modular Split Front Chest Harness (03 MSF) - Black, Coyote Brown, or MultiCam)

-After clicking on the link at the bottom of the page you will go to the order page. Look on the right hand side of the page. Under the "Add to Cart" and "Add to Wish List" buttons there is a link that you can click that says: "Email me when Back-In-Stock"

-Click on the "Email me when Back-In-Stock" when back in stock link and you will receive an email notification when the 03 MSF is back in stock.

Hope this helps.

Yes. Remove the A-Strap via the tri-glide buckle and the yoke can be removed from the body of the chest harness. A pic can explain it better than I can articulate it.

Thank you sir, already signed-up for notification. I have been chomping at the bit. :D

Tzoid
10-12-09, 20:55
I was fortunant enough to get the Original I believe it was called the "Hawkeye"
made by Mike " Diz". Mine has the split front , Kydex inserts , Hydration Pouch and Lumbar support. The BCM looks very much like Mikes design. Definitly a winner! :D

SiGfever
10-12-09, 21:14
I was fortunant enough to get the Original I believe it was called the "Hawkeye"
made by Mike " Diz". Mine has the split front , Kydex inserts , Hydration Pouch and Lumbar support. The BCM looks very much like Mikes design. Definitly a winner! :D

I am hoping that the new one has the Kydex at least an option and the leather on the shoulder strap for the rifle butt would be great also.

Tzoid
10-12-09, 21:21
Mike really produced a quality product that was well thought out and executed to perfection. I have called him a few times and spoke to him and unfortunantly for us ...Great for him but he's busy with his career at Para Ordnance . I wish him all the best.

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
10-13-09, 18:00
Anyone have any idea if the pouches do have any kydex or other retention system other than the bungee straps?

USMC03
10-13-09, 18:20
They have bungee, but do not have kydex.

Lawdog537
10-13-09, 18:25
Jeff,

I really wish I would have had this at the EAG class I took in August. I cannot wait for more details. This, in my opinion, is the best answer to the training rig, yet a great grab and go for LE work. I read your past thread about your custom Diz rigs with great interest, and am now very excited about this creation..............I hope you can devulge soon:D

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
10-13-09, 20:36
They have bungee, but do not have kydex.

Looks like an all around great rig.. Any input on kydex inserts for pouches, good or bad? Is it really a necessity or can I get along fine without it? The ATS M4 modular harness has bungee and "Sure Grip" material lining the pouches. How does that work compared to kydex?

SiGfever
10-13-09, 20:43
USMC03,

Does the Hydration pack hold a 3 L bladder such as this one?

http://www.skdtac.com/CamelBak_3L_OMEGA_Resevoir_p/cbk.503.htm

PPGMD
10-13-09, 20:45
For the average person, I would go with one IFAK and not use a second smaller IFAK to supplement. To me, that second IFAK is not multifunctional. I could just as easily use a double M4 mag pouch and stuff a bandage and other things in it, and still have it for mags if needed, a pistol, or a radio.

John at OSOE has something along that lines, it's a pull out medical insert for double mag pouches.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC02748.jpg

Sierrahotel83
10-13-09, 21:02
I looked all through their site and couldn't find that bitem it would be great for the rig I have already.

USMC03
10-13-09, 21:13
Jeff,

I really wish I would have had this at the EAG class I took in August. I cannot wait for more details. This, in my opinion, is the best answer to the training rig, yet a great grab and go for LE work. I read your past thread about your custom Diz rigs with great interest, and am now very excited about this creation..............I hope you can devulge soon:D

Thanks for the kind words Lawdog .... Sorry it wasn't released sooner ....... I can't wait until they are released .... I'll be wearing one in Pat's class in May 2010.

Take care and be safe, Brother

Looks like an all around great rig.. Any input on kydex inserts for pouches, good or bad? Is it really a necessity or can I get along fine without it? The ATS M4 modular harness has bungee and "Sure Grip" material lining the pouches. How does that work compared to kydex?

A majority of the single cell mag pouches I use have bungee retention and no other retention device and I have not experienced any issues (ie. ATS mag pouches, Tactical Tailor mag pouches, etc)

Bungee is plenty of retention on the magazine pouches.

Jeff,

Does the Hydration pack hold a 3 L bladder such as this one?

http://www.skdtac.com/CamelBak_3L_OMEGA_Resevoir_p/cbk.503.htm

I haven't tried that specific bladder ... the hydro pouch was built to carry a 3 liter hydro bladder. I was running an older CamelBak hydro bladder in the hydro carrier and had no issues with the fit of the bladder.

Hope this helps.

FlyAndFight
10-14-09, 14:21

I have no experience with the ATS "sure grip" but I personally love the kydex inserts on my SKD-Tactical "Eagle M4" chest rig. Strong enough "grip" to keep the mags in place and still offering quick reloads without having to deal with bungies or large flaps getting in the way.

I recently picked up an extra double-pistol mag pouch set for the rig from the Equipment Exchange here at M4Carbine.net. Works just as well as the AR mag pouches.

chiz45
10-17-09, 09:53
With the current configuration it doesn't interfer with the draw stroke of the pistol if you are using an inside the waist band or outside the waist band holster.

Most interested in photos of this, if possible. I'm of a similar stature as you (5'6", 153lb) and i find that most chest rigs need to be cranked all the way down to work with my torso length (or lack thereof :D ).

Sierrahotel83
10-17-09, 17:22
Most interested in photos of this, if possible. I'm of a similar stature as you (5'6", 153lb) and i find that most chest rigs need to be cranked all the way down to work with my torso length (or lack thereof :D ).

here is a link from a few pages back of the original vest that seems to be the inspiration...
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15249

there are photos of Jeff wearing the vest

chiz45
10-18-09, 00:32
shrockster, I was looking at those prior to my posting the question. If you look at the third pic, it looks like the bottom of the rig would interfere with an IWB holster. Jeff's statement above indicated that the new rig would not interfere with an IWB holster, which is what piqued my interest. It looks like with the triangle or 'A' shaped attachment, the panels can be hiked way up to allow for an IWB, so i'm eagerly awaiting the review ;)

I like rob_s' concept of building around the CCW...

Sierrahotel83
10-18-09, 00:45
Gotcha... sorry I am having one of those days...

USMC03
10-18-09, 08:03

Chiz,

Pics will be in the review ;) I have had the same problem as you in reference to size of chest rigs.

Take care and be safe

BVickery
10-21-09, 08:33
Jeff,

Great looking harness. You able to say what the sizing for this would be? I'm about 6'6 and have broad chest.

Really hoping I can fit into this.

-Brian

USMC03
10-21-09, 11:43
Hi Brian,

This is a quote from a person involved in the project in reference to size:

"I'm 6'4" and 240 pounds and was able to easily fit the rig over an armor carrier."

There is plenty of adjustment in the 03 MSF

Hope this helps.

BVickery
10-21-09, 12:21
Hi Brian,

This is a quote from a person involved in the project in reference to size:

"I'm 6'4" and 240 pounds and was able to easily fit the rig over an armor carrier."

There is plenty of adjustment in the 03 MSF

Hope this helps.

Excellent, I think I know what I have to put on my 'to get' list now. Again, great work.

SiGfever
10-24-09, 13:08
Jeff,

Any word for yet?

eggroll
10-25-09, 17:07

No it was not mikes design. This design evolved from a configuration USMC03 was using WELL before this M4carbine.net even existed.

this configuration (which echoed his work configuration) comprised of the following -
2003 vintage 2 piece MAV, 2003 Padded Xharness
3 single shingles on each side, a MP dump pouch and a hydrocarrier clipped on.

USMC03 approached DIZ to create a simplified configuration that shaved off weight, an removed extraneous components - hence the TAN rig you see USMC03 wearing.

It is indeed sad that SOME here have taken USMC03's IP and claimed it as their own.... perhaps to cover their own shortcomings.

Anyhow, dont make this issue out to be anything more that misappropriation of concepts.

Cheers

calicojack
10-25-09, 17:52

Zeus
10-25-09, 18:28
Respectfully, for the rest of us, can you guys take this argument or whatever elsewhere?

Lawdog537
11-08-09, 11:35
Jeff,

Not to be a nag, as I realize you are very busy (and maybe even can't talk more about this yet), but are there any updates as to this rig? If you can answer, will these be out by Christmas? or maybe after SHOT? Thanks!

Cory

Zeus
11-08-09, 13:57
...just the review would provide hope.

calicojack
11-08-09, 15:36

d90king
11-08-09, 15:55
Great thread! It answered every question I had about this rig. It looks like a perfect setup for classes and training. Excellent design without the overkill that allows you to tailor it to your individual needs.

Savior 6
11-09-09, 04:30
but that's really here nor there.

should be.

calicojack
11-09-09, 09:10

rob_s
11-09-09, 09:20
Since this appears to be a sore spot for those involved, it would probably be best for anyone not directly associated to stay out of it. Fanning the flames, sarcastically or otherwise, seems counter-productive to me. Seems to me that this is an issue for Diz, USMC03, and BCM to resolve among themselves without commentary from the peanut gallery.

KellyTTE
11-09-09, 09:29
Whats the empty weight of this rig compared to an empty MAV with x harness?

TimW
11-09-09, 17:02
that looks ALOT like practical tactical's Mesa rig....

NOT AT All

@Calico, while I appreciate the support, this rig isn't anything like my MESA vest....which is a MOLLE-based vest to which the owner supplies their own pouches. Additionally, there is also MOLLE webbing higher on the chest than in this rig, plus the whole thing is padded, using 1/4" foam.

@USMC03 - I don't know that I'd compare a South African P83 vest...the pouches on the back were for ammo and a med kit or food, depending on who you talk to. The pouch placement and design is vastly different...it's very much a vest, vs. split-front chest rig w/hydration as shown in this example.

The P83 chest rig used by the SADF had no hydration pouch, and was designed much like the old ChiCom AK-47 rigs. Of course, you could be talking about a completely different SADF rig that I don't know about, since those two are the only SA rigs with which I am familiar.

Just for comparison, I weighed a 2pc MAV, 2* TT triple 5.56 shingles, X-harness + Specter Gear MOLLE Hydration Pouch (don't have the TT in stock) and it came to 2 pounds, 10 ounces.

d90king
11-09-09, 17:10
Does anybody know who is stocking these? I thought BCM had them but they do not. Any help would be appreciated. I looked but found none available, I am sure that speaks highly of the product itself and the overall design.

USMC03
11-09-09, 17:29
Jeff,
Not to be a nag, as I realize you are very busy (and maybe even can't talk more about this yet), but are there any updates as to this rig? If you can answer, will these be out by Christmas? or maybe after SHOT? Thanks!

Cory

Should be soon, Brother.

Take care and be safe

Kelly,

I don't have a TT MAV on hand, but TimW got us squared away with the answer.

I'll get you a weight on the BMC 03 MSF empty in the next couple days.

@USMC03 - I don't know that I'd compare a South African P83 vest...

Tim,

Wasn't trying to make a direct comparison of the 03 MSF to the South African P83 vest. The SADF P83 is a what I would consider the origional of all modern split front chest rigs that have a yoke and hydro carrier (or some sort of low profile pack that attaches to the yoke).

Thanks for getting the weight on the TT 2 Piece MAV for Kelly. :cool:

Does anybody know who is stocking these? I thought BCM had them but they do not. Any help would be appreciated. I looked but found none available, I am sure that speaks highly of the product itself and the overall design.

They haven't been released yet, Brother .... but will be soon. www.bravocompanyusa.com is the only stocking dealer.

KellyTTE
11-09-09, 17:32
Kelly,

I'll get you a weight on the BMC 03 MSF empty in the next couple days.

Thank you & Thanks Tim.

TimW
11-09-09, 17:35
Jeff

Got it on the SADF vest, and now understand what you were getting at.

Kelly, I added in the twin 5.56 TT panels in my weight measurement since an empty 2pc MAV w/hydro and X-harness still would require the mag shingles/pouches to equal this rig.

d90king
11-09-09, 20:04
They haven't been released yet, Brother .... but will be soon. www.bravocompanyusa.com is the only stocking dealer.

Thank you for the clarification. I will simply place an order and when they become available it will be a nice surprise on the door step.:D

SiGfever
11-09-09, 21:43
Jeff,

I have been researching chest rigs trying to make the best decision, but after seeing yours I knew that this is the one I want. All of your years buying and trying vests will save people like me a lot of lost dollars, thanks.
John

TimW
11-13-09, 14:41
Kelly,

Sorry for the delayed response. I weight it 3 times ensuring the entire harness, straps, etc. were on the scale. All 3 weights came were the exact same: 1 lbs 4.2 oz

Given that it has 2 fewer mag pouches, and reduces the amount of Cordura by having attached pouches and eliminates the need for MALICE clips for those ammo pouches, this doesn't surprise me at all.

(wow...seems I travelled back in time to answer Jeff's question, or I am clairvoyant!)

USMC03
11-13-09, 14:44
Thank you & Thanks Tim.

Kelly,

Sorry for the delayed response. I weight it 3 times ensuring the entire harness, straps, etc. were on the scale. All 3 weights came were the exact same: 1 lbs 4.2 oz

KellyTTE
11-13-09, 14:45
Thanks guys!

Zeus
11-15-09, 00:21
Looks like the "other" forum got the review... or did I miss it here?

USMC03
11-15-09, 06:58
Zeus,

It's in the authorized dealer forum: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=41324

Take care and be safe

Zeus
11-15-09, 10:48
Gotcha... still learning my way around. Is there an actual release date yet?

Got it now. Guess December will do... however, that's going to conflict with the Chief Financial Officer's X-mas plans :(

ST911
11-15-09, 19:47
Very nice. I need a black one.

Zeus
11-15-09, 20:21
Coyote... Texas heat...

M4Fundi
11-16-09, 02:10
Jeff are the Mag pouches detachable?

El Mac
11-21-09, 09:47
calicojack, I had not read this, no. Slipped to pg2 when I wasn't paying attention. I really like that OSOE pouch...

To be clear, I like the idea of this rig. For my personal uses, I think it would be great, as the only things I need to carry to the line are mags, water, and emergency aid stuff. I won't be humping a pack around a carbine course, nor carrying more than 4 mags beside the 1 in the gun (2 if I eventually go with a Redi-mod). My earlier response is simply seeking clarification for how something of this nature could be concealable, as in my own limited experience with trying to hide a chest rig for shits and giggles I couldn't figure out how to do it effectively without a sports jacket.

-B

Windbreakers, TAD jackets, rain gear, fleece wear, etc...all will conceal this rig with ease - especially if you opt to not run it with the bladder.

El Mac
11-21-09, 09:50
Overall, this vest seems geared more for the civilian tactical market than the military warfighter. There is not enough real estate for mission essential kit. Still, does a civilian really need a lot of MOLLE?

No they don't. Having more than a smattering of 'civilian' PSD stuff under my belt, I can say that this rig would have been the shit. Unfortunately, we had to make do with a bunch of second rate crap to accomplish the mission. Kudos to Jeff (USMC03) for nailing this thing!

CLHC
12-29-09, 01:33
Just noticed that both the Black and Coyote Brown are back in stock on Bravo Company USA Inc. :cool:

Lawdog537
12-29-09, 10:22
I am currently waiting on my coyote brown one to arrive. I am very excited to try this set up. Does anyone else have any input from using one lately?

RiflemanBobcat
12-31-09, 02:21
I am sorely tempted to order one of these in Coyote (unless a Tan/Khaki ever comes out, which I doubt given that it doesn't seem to be an in-color lately) for eventual duty use.

Question, though: Does anyone know of a blow-out kit or basic IFAK pouch that will fit on the 2x2 panel beside the mag pouches? I may be just retarded, but I can't seem to find much anything in that size...

NCPatrolAR
12-31-09, 03:16
Question, though: Does anyone know of a blow-out kit or basic IFAK pouch that will fit on the 2x2 panel beside the mag pouches? I may be just retarded, but I can't seem to find much anything in that size...

A HSGI "Bleeder" pouch should fit there.

RetreatHell
12-31-09, 06:05
As of right now, all three patterns of the brand new BCM 03 MSF chest harness are in stock at Bravo Company.

-Black

-Coyote

-Multi-Cam

Dudes have been waiting for this badass rig to come out for the longest time now, so lets spread the word!! Well, after we each buy our own 03 MSF rigs, and then confirm our individual orders.... then spread the word!!:D

Semper Fi,

-Paul

tarkeg
12-31-09, 12:24
My coyote tan just arrived! Stitching, fit and finish are great. It fits my standard camelbak bladder perfectly. Lots of adjustability in the design. Only going to add a med kit. Now I just have to get to the range. I'll be using this at a MD carbine 1&2 in Pueblo in April. Maybe i'll meet the designer.:)

RiflemanBobcat
01-13-10, 02:40
'nother dumb question: How well is this working out for the thinner crowd? I'm looking at putting this on my shortlist of rigs for duty use, but I keep coming back to the fact that I'm 6' 0", and maybe 150lbs soaking wet.
Even with my ballistic vest under the uniform, I don't exactly have a lot of volume to me.
So I'm wondering, for the thin/slim folks using this rig, especially with duty gear, how's it working out?

ETA: and PS, @NCPatrolAR, thanks for the tip.

M4Fundi
01-13-10, 02:52
Have you ever seen a pic of USMC03 who designed it? :p

USMC03
01-13-10, 05:50
I've had female that was 5'02" / 100 lbs try the chest harness on, fit her, and the rig was not at maximum adjustment on the small side.

RiflemanBobcat
01-13-10, 21:24
10-4. Just concerned a little about the rig wrapping around past my armpits...I'm kinda used to being the slimmest guy around, at least at work.

Submariner
01-14-10, 06:35
Have you ever seen a pic of USMC03 who designed it? :p

Feather merchant.:D

erik18
01-23-10, 01:07
Would a hydro pack like this work/fit into this rig?

http://www.skdtac.com/CamelBak_Storm_3L_Hydration_Pack_p/cbk.505.htm

masternave
01-24-10, 16:49
Mine's on its way! Can't wait to see it... it is my first piece of gear.

RyanS
03-03-10, 16:45
Is there any reason a Tactical Tailor MAV Center Adaptor wouldn't work with this?

USMC03
03-03-10, 17:27
Would a hydro pack like this work/fit into this rig?

http://www.skdtac.com/CamelBak_Storm_3L_Hydration_Pack_p/cbk.505.htm

erik,

The hydration carrier will fit the 3 liter bladder (without the nylon cover). Many companies sell just the bladder by it's self. Like this: http://www.skdtac.com/CamelBak_3L_OMEGA_Resevoir_p/cbk.503.htm

Is there any reason a Tactical Tailor MAV Center Adaptor wouldn't work with this?

Ryan,

I don't know if the faxtex buckles would be compatable with each other and I don't know what the distance between the top and bottom buckles is on the Tactical Tailor product. Both the buckles and distance between buckles would have to match up in order to use the center adaptor.

I don't have a MAV or the TT Center Adaptor, so I can't answer your questions on either issue.

armakraut
03-15-10, 03:10
Anybody try AK mags in the pouches?

Quiet
04-04-10, 09:33
Anybody try AK mags in the pouches?

I also want to know or if they'll make a version that can use AK mags.

eggroll
04-04-10, 16:20
The one rig I fondled fit 5.45 mags with no problem. 7.62 not really so much

ShadowTactics
04-04-10, 17:27
Multicam, Out of Stock. Uggg

Rated21R
04-08-10, 14:43
Multicam, Out of Stock. Uggg

wont be back in stock for quite some time i believe. :(

USMC03
11-30-11, 19:55
Artwork credit Duke at www.righteousduke.com. Artwork was in one of SWAT magazine articles on ammo management:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/03%20Design%20Group-BCM/Pat_AMMO_FINAL001_.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/03%20Design%20Group-BCM/Pat_AMMO01001_.jpg

*Copyright SWAT Magazine 2010/11, used with permission*

More of Duke's artwork coming soon :cool:

Tzoid
12-02-11, 12:02
Very Cool... :D

USMC03
12-04-11, 07:49
More artwork from Duke. "Active shooter":

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/03%20Design%20Group-BCM/03MSF_ActiveShooter01001_.jpg

USMC03
12-08-11, 06:02
Artwork of the BCM 03 MSF Chest Harness http://03designgroup.com/photo/bcm-03-msf-chest-harness/icon-bcm-03-msf.jpg
03designgroup | Bravo Company - BCM 03 MSF (Modular Split Front) Chest Harness http://demigodllc.com/icon/extwh3.png (http://www.03designgroup.com/reviews/bcm-03-msf-chest-harness)

Artwork credit Duke at www.righteousduke.com. Artwork titled "Patrol"

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/03%20Design%20Group-BCM/03MSF_Patrol001_.jpg

Riight112
12-21-11, 00:33
Any word on when these will be back in stock in black or ranger green? Been waiting for a while now. :fie: Merry xmas to me!

USMC03
12-21-11, 04:02
Same question was asked on another board, Bravo Company said first quarter of 2012.

Sticks
12-21-11, 08:10
Appears to be available now.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=harness&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Greg Kulbick
12-21-11, 08:55
Only tan and Multicam in stock.

Riight112
12-21-11, 10:05
Thanks Jeff!

RAAK_FJ
12-23-11, 21:49
these seem to be a good light set up

Dawg180
02-06-12, 19:04
Just stumbled upon this rig, looks nice as it seems to shave off all the extraneous stuff, but boy the Multicam sure don't stay in stock long!

Riight112
04-17-12, 09:22
Midway through April now. Are they any closer to getting them back in stock in the other colors by chance? :cray:

USMC03
04-18-12, 19:08
Hope to be restocked soon :)

Greg Kulbick
07-30-12, 23:23
Any new news?

Riight112
07-31-12, 00:03
I saw the coyote ones in stock for a very brief moment a few weeks ago. I too have been waiting for the other colors since December. Anyone have any updates?

USMC03
08-03-12, 12:59
Thanks for the intrest Gents. ;)

Email: info@bravocompanyusa.com for the most up to date info on the BCM 03 MSF

Have a great weekend!

USMC03
09-18-12, 11:23
From a post by a member on another forum:

email reply from Bravo

"Very sorry for the delay on chest harnesses. Industry demand and delays have limited the availability of the very popular BCM Chest Harness. Very frustrating for our customers like yourself. ETA is late this year or early 2013."