parishioner
09-18-09, 19:39
BHO will be in the first row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auwe-aGF4Lo

Honu
09-18-09, 23:41
I love that clip ;)

SHOWS THE TRUE OBAMA

funny I never screw up when people ask my faith its so often I say muslim ooops I am a christian I get those messed up all the time ohhh my bad !!!!

Safetyhit
09-19-09, 16:57
Nice how it say's "OUR TIME HAS COME" in big bold letters at the very bottom.

parishioner
09-19-09, 17:11
Nice how it say's "OUR TIME HAS COME" in big bold letters at the very bottom.

But it says here "Bonds of friendship will be formed between those in attendance, both Muslims and Non-Muslims." Like they just want friendship.

Seems like there is an underlying agenda.

Safetyhit
09-19-09, 17:29
Seems like there is an underlying agenda.

When it comes to Islam establishing itself peacefully in foreign nations, 95% of the time there's some form of a hidden agenda tucked in there somewhere.

bkb0000
09-19-09, 17:33
awesome.. they're doing it on my birthday. just to spite me, i bet.

whats the point? just a big prayer? make a scene? "we're here and we're queer" kind of bullshit?

50,000 muslims converging on the capital. thats the kind of thing that should generally initiate the deployment of men in camo with guns and air support.

Sudden
09-22-09, 11:12
Obama ignored the Christian day of prayer. Will the acknowledge this day of prayer?

El Mac
09-22-09, 11:32
Unreal. Surreal.

MeanRider
09-22-09, 12:49
This country is f*cked

Mac5.56
09-22-09, 12:59
Freedom of Religion. Wasn't that part of the Constitution?

Don't get me wrong, I have some pretty radical thoughts on all of religion, but I deleted them from this post in order to not agitate to many people.

As for the articles? Big deal, people want to put on a charade and pretend their religion is not violent, let them. That's part of all religions, pretending your one thing, when your not.

El Mac
09-22-09, 13:26
This country is f*cked

Not as long as good men with good guns stand at the ready.

Safetyhit
09-22-09, 14:26
Big deal, people want to put on a charade and pretend their religion is not violent, let them. That's part of all religions, pretending your one thing, when your not.

How generous of you. Especially after not only 9/11, but also the recent arrests in two states of individuals looking to bomb our subways and sports stadiums.

parishioner
09-22-09, 14:45
Freedom of Religion. Wasn't that part of the Constitution?

Don't get me wrong, I have some pretty radical thoughts on all of religion, but I deleted them from this post in order to not agitate to many people.

As for the articles? Big deal, people want to put on a charade and pretend their religion is not violent, let them. That's part of all religions, pretending your one thing, when your not.

Maybe if there wasn't such an alarming number of them who have killed and would like to slit our throats in the name of Allah, we would be less apprehensive. Just saying.

capcop9
09-22-09, 15:17
just recieved the great news that i will have the pleasure of working during this mess... cant wait:rolleyes:

tinman44
09-22-09, 15:20
awesome.. they're doing it on my birthday. just to spite me, i bet.

whats the point? just a big prayer? make a scene? "we're here and we're queer" kind of bullshit?

50,000 muslims converging on the capital. thats the kind of thing that should generally initiate the deployment of men in camo with guns and air support.

roflmfao you are my hero :D

Abraxas
09-22-09, 15:48
50,000 muslims converging on the capital. that's the kind of thing that should generally initiate the deployment of men in camo with guns and air support.

I am all for this!

RogerinTPA
09-22-09, 16:32
This country is f*cked

Only for the next 31/2 years AND only of you don't vote out ever politician that has walked lock step with this BS.

caporider
09-22-09, 16:48
How generous of you. Especially after not only 9/11, but also the recent arrests in two states of individuals looking to bomb our subways and sports stadiums.

And Tim McVeigh was...?

How about crazy Anthrax guy?

Or Ted Kaczynski?

On the flip side:

The folks that saved Marcus Luttrell's life were...?

Plenty of dangerous radicals out there that cut across many different religions. Plenty of good guys that cut across many different religions. Oversimplifying helps no one. The last time the United States oversimplified the enemy, we got internment camps while the 442nd RCT became the most decorated unit in U.S. Army history.

Mac5.56
09-22-09, 18:12

That's my point exactly! Get pissed about it, but get pissed about all religions equally, since all of them historically have equal amounts of blood on their hands.

parishioner
09-22-09, 18:29
That's my point exactly! Get pissed about it, but get pissed about all religions equally, since all of them historically have equal amounts of blood on their hands.

I don't think too many Christians are ready for Round 2 of the crusades at the moment. But it seems there are a good bit of Muslims who are. Like millions and millions.

And that was back when rulers used religion as a form of control over their people since the commoner wasn't educated enough to read the bible since it was written in latin. These were the same people who made you pay indulgences for your sins.

Just an FYI, we are past this.

John_Wayne777
09-22-09, 18:40

There's a teeny bit of difference between the persecution of the Huguenots and the situation at hand in the world right now.

Safetyhit
09-22-09, 21:15

I rather get pissed that anyone would express such a foolish viewpoint and try to sound serious about it.

El Mac
09-23-09, 00:30
Responses below in red.

And Tim McVeigh was...? Uh, one dude now deceased.

How about crazy Anthrax guy? Uh, one dude. Now deceased.

Or Ted Kaczynski? Uh, one dude. Supermax for life.

On the flip side:

The folks that saved Marcus Luttrell's life were...? Afghan tribe, not radical Islamists.

Plenty of dangerous radicals out there that cut across many different religions. Plenty of good guys that cut across many different religions. Oversimplifying helps no one. The last time the United States oversimplified the enemy, we got internment camps while the 442nd RCT became the most decorated unit in U.S. Army history. And sticking your head in the sand does no one any good.

And how about that jolly band of jihadists that killed 3000 or so of your brothers and sisters in the space of about 30 minutes?

El Mac
09-23-09, 00:32
I don't think too many Christians are ready for Round 2 of the crusades at the moment. But it seems there are a good bit of Muslims who are. Like millions and millions.

And that was back when rulers used religion as a form of control over their people since the commoner wasn't educated enough to read the bible since it was written in latin. These were the same people who made you pay indulgences for your sins.

Just an FYI, we are past this.

Well now, here we have logic injected into the discussion.

Abraxas
09-23-09, 06:26

There is one big difference with Islam. While there have been many atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, that is not what Christianity teaches. Islam on the other hand teaches that all muslim males have committed jihad or at least wanted to in their heart. People do lots of things in the name of some religion, but very few religions actually teach to do those things.

Sudden
09-23-09, 07:35
There is one big difference with Islam. While there have been many atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, that is not what Christianity teaches. Islam on the other hand teaches that all muslim males have committed jihad or at least wanted to in their heart. People do lots of things in the name of some religion, but very few religions actually teach to do those things.

I think that is right on point.

Also, I was in DC at the march on 9/12 and I want to say the Police force was great.

M4arc
09-23-09, 07:45
I'm all for freedom and religion so I want to see how the media covers this in comparison to the 9/12 rally in DC. I'll bet they are very generous and put a nice pretty little spin on it.

caporider
09-23-09, 08:39
Responses below in red.

And how about that jolly band of jihadists that killed 3000 or so of your brothers and sisters in the space of about 30 minutes?

We vilified every person of Japanese descent because of Pearl Harbor. I remember exactly where I was on 9/11, but I don't throw our Muslim men and women in uniform or my neighbors down the street into the same broad category as those extremists.

Plenty of folks still believe what McVeigh et al believed. Don't doubt that for a second. Sticking your head in the sand is saying that every Muslim is the enemy and giving everyone else a pass. That's not so; it's just the crazies that distort the Koran to match their worldview, much like the Aryan Nation distorts the Bible.

The REAL problem, of course, is oil money. Pull the oil money out from under the Saudis, and funding for radical Islam dries up. The only reason other radical groups don't have international reach is because they don't have the funding.

And BTW, those Afghan villagers were Muslim, just not extremists. That's my point.

Safetyhit
09-23-09, 09:54
The REAL problem, of course, is oil money. Pull the oil money out from under the Saudis, and funding for radical Islam dries up. The only reason other radical groups don't have international reach is because they don't have the funding.

Just about money, is it? :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us how this is to blame for the common standard of total muslim silence in the wake of bombing after bombing, many of which kill their own women and children? Yet the only time they can take to the streets as an international group is to celebrate 9/11 and denounce Danish Cartoons?

You went this far, now explain for us if you will.

caporider
09-23-09, 10:25
Just about money, is it? :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us how this is to blame for the common standard of total muslim silence in the wake of bombing after bombing, many of which kill their own women and children? Yet the only time they can take to the streets is to celebrate 9/11 and denounce Danish Cartoons?

You went this far, now explain for us if you will.

It isn't JUST about money. That's a oversimplification. But money is the enabler, is it not? Otherwise, your garden variety radical Wahhabist in the middle of the desert or deep in the jungle isn't going to affect too many people with his poisonous rhetoric, let alone acts of mass destruction. What do you think the Aryan Nation would do if they suddenly had access to half a billion dollars?

How many Muslim nations offered their support and condolences after 9/11? Even Iran did that, for pete's sake. As for dancing in the street, yeah, some did that, and still do that, but not the majority, and not even a minority. It is a tiny, radical slice of the billion plus Muslim population. They just happened to get the most press coverage. The silence thing? Go to you average mall and ask folks what they did after the USS Cole was bombed, or the US Embassy in Nairobi... Tragic, cowardly acts that deserved a mass outcry from the American people, yet most were just too busy living their lives. Even today, how many Americans stop what they're doing on 9/11 to remember? I certainly won't forget, but many have pushed it into the dusty corners of distant memory.

And how about what's happening in Afghanistan right now? Is that a religious war? No, it's classic counterinsurgency. And was it religious conversion that caused the Sunni in Iraq to help lift the surge to success? No, it was classic power politics.

I don't agree with much of the baseline Islamic dogma, but that's not the point. Let's agree that radical Islam is not all of Islam, not all terrorists are Muslim, and move on from there.

The_War_Wagon
09-23-09, 10:29
There's nothing so wrong with Mohammedans, that a generous application of radioactive fireballs to their country can't fix... :mad:

I'd LIKE to start with that beady-eyed rat fink, Ahneedahandjob, since that little turdburglar has been on America's shiite list since November 4, 1979. :mad: We can expand from there as needed...

Safetyhit
09-23-09, 10:33
I don't agree with much of the baseline Islamic dogma, but that's not the point. Let's agree that radical Islam is not all of Islam, not all terrorists are Muslim, and move on from there.

I know the above point is truth, my friend. We can agree there.

However, as the old saying goes...if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. I don't see muslims doing nearly enough to combat terrorism. In fact I see complacency as the rule.

Something is wrong deep down for this to be the case, and you must know it.

parishioner
09-23-09, 10:58
I know the above point is truth, my friend. We can agree there.

However, as the old saying goes...if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. I don't see muslims doing nearly enough to combat terrorism. In fact I see complacency as the rule.

Something is wrong deep down for this to be the case, and you must know it.

Really. If the islamic extremists only make up a tiny slice of the muslim population why is the big slice not doing more to denounce it and stamp it out?

Makes you wonder if that radical slice could be larger than you think.

R/Tdrvr
09-23-09, 13:32
Really. If the islamic extremists only make up a tiny slice of the muslim population why is the big slice not doing more to denounce it and stamp it out?

Makes you wonder if that radical slice could be larger than you think.

Exactly. To me, in this situation, silence equals agreement. I believe that the radical Muslims are just a small part of the Muslim population, but if the "peaceful" Muslims and Muslim groups don't start getting on TV and condeming the acts of the extremists, then IMO, they're supporting them.

Honu
09-23-09, 13:54
while not all muslims are extremist ? most agree its OK and think Jihad against the enemies (like the U.S.) is OK
seem to remember the one report some %80 of muslims are OK with this kind of thinking

Christians or good US citizens are the same thing in a sense being a person of good moral instinct :)

yet us Christian types most all of us think guys like mcveigh or however you spell his name ? are wack jobs and that kind of stuff is not OK
yet many of the muslims dont think the terrorists who did 911 were that bad and think of them as martyrs !!!!

most Christians dont think honor killings etc... are OK or using our children to carry out things is OK

I guess some are OK with bending over and lubing up !!! me I am not OK with it if a drug dealer moves in the neighborhood I wont just try to ignore it ! I will get the guy out !!! and not back down

a few people I know in the security area agree that most muslims would side with the terrorist brothers over the side of Christians any day
yet most Christians would turn these types in

so not all Muslims are bad people and I am sure many are nice people ! but turning a blind eye to things like others have said is not enough !!! they have to speak up against it !
being nice is one thing being complicit is another

El Mac
09-23-09, 13:58
That's not so; it's just the crazies that distort the Koran to match their worldview, much like the Aryan Nation distorts the Bible.

Spoken like someone that has never read the Koran.:rolleyes:

caporider
09-23-09, 14:30
Spoken like someone that has never read the Koran.:rolleyes:

Have you read the Old Testament lately?

Sudden
09-23-09, 15:06

Oh, the OLD testament, not lately. But I do remember what it said.

caporider
09-23-09, 15:25
Oh, the OLD testament, not lately. But I do remember what it said.

My point is that our Bible is filled with thoughts and events that we would not literally recreate today, and passages can be honed to mean what someone wants them to mean.

I have read the Koran, and it is subject to interpretation just like any other holy book. What one may take as literal, another may take as figurative or illustrative. There are also sections that seem to contradict other sections, etc.

Sudden
09-23-09, 15:50
My point is that our Bible is filled with thoughts and events that we would not literally recreate today, and passages can be honed to mean what someone wants them to mean.

I have read the Koran, and it is subject to interpretation just like any other holy book. What one may take as literal, another may take as figurative or illustrative. There are also sections that seem to contradict other sections, etc.

Some writings take less honing than others.
If you think the Bible compares to the Koran you have done some honing yourself.

bkb0000
09-23-09, 16:24

those contradictions in the koran are very important

what people dont seem to understand about the koran is that it's totally linear.. as Muhammed wrote it over the course of two decades or so, he changed the image of allah and the attitude of islam- everything that contradicts previous writings SUPERCEDES those previous writings. he started islam as a peaceful religion that encouraged witnessing and conversion. as he gained followers and power, his writing became increasingly violent and volitile... all that crap about peace and love and kindness toward infidels in the earlier writings was all superceded- voided- by the later writings about complete intollerance and DEATH to the infidels.

True believing muslims- Islamic Fundamentalists- understand this, and believe this, and follow this.

Abraxas
09-23-09, 18:57

Spoken like someone who does not understand the Bible. The Old Testament was a different covenant. When Christ came he brought forth a new covenant. He himself pointed many of the things that they (we) were to do differently than before.

We vilified every person of Japanese descent because of Pearl Harbor. I remember exactly where I was on 9/11, but I don't throw our Muslim men and women in uniform or my neighbors down the street into the same broad category as those extremists.

Plenty of folks still believe what McVeigh et al believed. Don't doubt that for a second. Sticking your head in the sand is saying that every Muslim is the enemy and giving everyone else a pass. That's not so; it's just the crazies that distort the Koran to match their worldview, much like the Aryan Nation distorts the Bible.

And BTW, those Afghan villagers were Muslim, just not extremists. That's my point.
I do not vilify every muslim nor do I think that we should. Having said that I must state for honesty sake that I have a severe mistrust of them. There are many problems with your argument here. One is, we did not accept what McVeigh, let alone encourage it, in fact we killed him for it. No the main problem is not the oil money. It is a large aspect of the problem but it is the teachings of the more extreme clerics and imams. While it is true that many of the groups are being funded from oil money(something we need to stop), more of it is funded through drug trafficking and slave trade. Beyond the funding is the main problem I mentioned earlier, the teaching and motivation from their leaders. Look at many of the recent attempts that have been caught here and in Europe. They were just people, some immigrants some native born, that were motivated and dedicated to carry out attacks. Most are not funded from some foreign source. They are self funded and motivated to do these things from their religious leaders. Now the Aryan nation may distort the Bible, but that only works on people of weak mind or much hate. Christianity as a whole does not sit silently by and tolerate it. No, they very vocally try to correct it.

P.S.: There are many radical organizations that are international. We just refer to them as criminal organizations or gangs: Mafia's, many 1% MC's, Mara Salvatrucha etc.....

caporider
09-23-09, 21:03
Spoken like someone who does not understand the Bible. The Old Testament was a different covenant. When Christ came he brought forth a new covenant. He himself pointed many of the things that they (we) were to do differently than before.

You know that, and I know that. My point is that the Bible can be distorted and taken out of context, no matter how it is supposed to be read.

Safetyhit
09-23-09, 21:13
You know that, and I know that. My point is that the Bible can be distorted and taken out of context, no matter how it is supposed to be read.

Why do you insist on defending a peoples who don't care to defend themselves?

El Mac
09-23-09, 21:28

Riiiiiight......;);)

Me thinks we have a Mooslum in our midst.

El Mac
09-23-09, 21:33

Yeah, and I can't find anywhere in there that explains where the Jews of old are supposed to go around killing all gentiles (infidels) and waging jihad against the world.

Have YOU actually read it? If so, and you disagree with my findings, please do cite your passage for all to see. You know, the chapter and verse thing?

Crickets........................................................

bkb0000
09-23-09, 21:38

seriously. fundamentalist muslims are unapologetic about their belief that infidels should all die bloody, firey deaths.

bkb0000
09-23-09, 21:40
Yeah, and I can't find anywhere in there that explains where the Jews of old are supposed to go around killing all gentiles (infidels) and waging jihad against the world.

Have YOU actually read it? If so, and you disagree with my findings, please do cite your passage for all to see. You know, the chapter and verse thing?

Crickets........................................................

no, it's not in there. in fact, God commanded the jews to be as hospitable to non-believers as absolutely possible. muhammed's early writings were much the same, but, as explained above, all of that was voided and superceded by later commandments to kill infidels instead.

caporider
09-23-09, 21:44
Riiiiiight......;);)

Me thinks we have a Mooslum in our midst.

You do not know me, sir, nor I you. Please keep your assumptions to yourself.

caporider
09-23-09, 21:49

The OP was about Muslims gathering in the United States, correct? It simply rubbed me the wrong way that this group was being singled out for suspicion for no other reason than a religious preference. The broader discussion ensued from there.

bkb0000
09-23-09, 21:52
The OP was about Muslims gathering in the United States, correct? It simply rubbed me the wrong way that this group was being singled out for suspicion for no other reason than a religious preference. The broader discussion ensued from there.

yes- muslims have been singled out. and the rest of the thread has been an explaination of why.

they should be singled out- islam is a cancer.

09-23-09, 22:04
Well, as one that seems to be one of the chosen few people here:D, let me just say that most Jews(not as in the Hollywood, misrepresenting type, that unfortunately, know very little of the Torah, Talmud, Tanach, etc.) do recognize that there are a small number of good Muslims; mainly the Druze. Certified good people that have allied themselves with Yisrael, with severe consequences, and against fundamentalist towel heads, I mean muslims(no, I didn't forget to capitalize it). I do not feel remiss in making fun of people that condone stoning a woman that has been raped or that say lying in order to advance islam is ok, or that say women should only receive a minimum education, or that killing anyone unwilling to convert to islam is ok, or that killing someone that is gay is ok(don't agree with it, but damn, don't want to kill them), etc.

I have family and friends that serve/have served in the IDF and/or other security organizations. Guess what? Racial profiling does work! El Al flies b/c of it.

The overall attitude of so-called moderate muslims is to accept and follow the lead of the radicals. How many times have the mods. NOT spoken out or taken action?

So, here is where I stand. Kill 'em all? No. Be ready to kill them all except the ones that have demonstrated their willingness to be civil. Don't like my opinion? Tell that to my family that has died due to homicide bombers that have blown up buses carrying young children and infants.

Don't like that? Call Jimmy Carter and the ACLU. Oh yeah, most of Yisrael has turned against Obamination.

bkb0000
09-23-09, 22:13
the problem with it is that islam by itself is inherently evil.. you can't pretend it doesn't command followers to slaughter infidels. even if you were to kill all but those who have demonstrated willingness to ignore their own god's supposed commandments, the words are still there, and their children will read and decide for themselves whether or not they should follow their own religion, and martyr themselves for allah.

you can't get around the book and what it says.

El Mac
09-23-09, 23:10
You do not know me, sir, nor I you. Please keep your assumptions to yourself.

You are correct. I do not know you. But I do know what you sound like, a mooslum apologist.

caporider
09-23-09, 23:18
You are correct. I do not know you. But I do know what you sound like, a mooslum apologist.

I'm sorry, but I haven't really been into name calling since I left the fourth grade. You have the field to yourself, sir.

El Mac
09-23-09, 23:20
I'm getting all misty. ;)

John_Wayne777
09-23-09, 23:21
I think this one has gone far enough.