PDA

View Full Version : Mexican sniper (pic)

Berg
09-18-09, 23:06
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06mOgv878zgor/610x.jpg
A soldier marches during the Independence Day parade in Mexico City's Zocalo Plaza, Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009. Mexico will celebrate its Independence 200th anniversary in 2010.

Dunderway
09-18-09, 23:10
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06mOgv878zgor/610x.jpg
A soldier marches during the Independence Day parade in Mexico City's Zocalo Plaza, Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009. Mexico will celebrate its Independence 200th anniversary in 2010.

Looks like he has a nice rig. Hopefully he is being trained well to kill the right people.

This should probably be in General Discussion.

Victory
09-19-09, 00:46
A sniper with a Colt IAR. :confused:

-Vic

wild_wild_wes
09-19-09, 00:58
I guess he has never heard of eye relief.

LBG375
09-19-09, 01:09
Such a large optic for the caliber and length of the barrel.

rifleman2000
09-19-09, 06:29
Any real snipers want to weigh in on the faux ghillie suit? He can't crawl around in that thing.

scottryan
09-19-09, 07:43
A sniper with a Colt IAR. :confused:

-Vic

I noticed that also.

The_War_Wagon
09-19-09, 07:47
Amazing what they can pick up at American Gun Shows now! :rolleyes:

Ned Christiansen
09-19-09, 11:17
Selector on "fire", mag in, dust cover closed......

Can that pic be confirmed? From what I read the Mexican Armed Forces are a lot more dialed than what I see in that image.....

militarymoron
09-19-09, 11:27
what's wrong with the selector being on 'fire'? it could just be that the hammer isn't cocked to allow it to be on 'safe'.
the mexican govt is the first customer for the IAR to receive them.

motoman
09-19-09, 15:40
cool pic. that scope is huge.

Dunderway
09-19-09, 15:40

Can that pic be confirmed? From what I read the Mexican Armed Forces are a lot more dialed than what I see in that image.....

Keep in mind that he is just marching in a parade.

Stickman
09-19-09, 17:33

Could be a simple PR photo or guy thrown into a training ghillie suit to be more impressive in a parade. The weapon doesn't seem very dinged up, and we all know that tan shows wear very quickly on an black anodized weapon.

nchronis
09-19-09, 18:10
I spent a bunch of time in Mexico working, mostly along the west coast, Northern and Central Mexico for a number of years during the early and middle part of this decade. I observed first hand that they were reasonably courteous at roadblocks, had their roadblocks set up right tactically, and most of their soldiers looked reasonably sharp. Mexican Army troops can be seen actually building roads, or repairing damaged roads and bridges at times. In the larger cities there are times when you see some sharper units, but by and large, most of the units I saw were not really very squared away looking troops. Mexico depends on the US for protection, and thus doesn't spend a lot of money on the armed forces.

kmrtnsn
09-19-09, 19:25
You can't "dial in" an illiterate conscript peasant army.

threeheadeddog
09-19-09, 20:17
can someone please explain the "dont close the dust cover thing" I have not been told the rational behind this.

Ty for the help.

Safetyhit
09-19-09, 21:46
He is just trying to hide from the cartel recruiters sizing him up for after he is done serving. Or trying to impress them.

Not a shot a a good soldier doing a good job in a bad situation, just commenting on how incredibly corrupt it is down there.

wild_wild_wes
09-19-09, 23:46
Keep in mind that he is just marching in a parade.

That pic was posted on miltaryphotos.net, and shows pics from a big military parade in Mexico City....go find the thread; there is lots of lulz to be seen in it....

Alpha Sierra
09-20-09, 09:26
Isn't that ghillie available at Cabelas.com?

Smuckatelli
09-20-09, 09:58
That ghillie would work perfectly for parades, baby kissing opportunities, Cabelas......

Wouldn't work to good if you were working up a stalk on a terget.

Ned Christiansen
09-20-09, 10:29
No prob at all with the dustcover being closed-- it should be. I only said it because it prevents anyone from seeing the bolt carrier.... like is there one there, is it locked back, what have ya. Not that it should be. It should be there and in battery-- and the safety should be on. Indeed maybe the safety is not on because the hammer is down, but who knows? Maybe there's a round chambered and the safety's off. At least with the safety on we know that loaded chamber or not, it's not going to fire if a piece of his gear decides to migrate into the trigger guard. With the safety off, nothing is know about the condition of the rifle except "maybe it's gonna take the knee off the guy next to him".

Romeo Foxtrot
09-20-09, 14:20
that seems kinda odd, a sniper carrying a IAR with the hubble telescope mounted on top... looks very professional. looks like something out of a video game... scoped sniper light machine gun.

Madnik
09-20-09, 22:24
Re if they can be dialed on or not: They can be. We know this because (a) we sometimes train them and (b) we sometimes face them when they turn.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-21-09, 00:59
USO scope?