PDA

View Full Version : What would be a good addition to my collection?

Ripsterdame
02-14-07, 19:45
I was wondering which gun would make a good investment for my collection? I currently have a PS90, FS2K, Stag 15L carbine, and a Armalite 10A4 carbine (aside from other various shotguns and rifles). I am curious about the Masada vs the Sig 556. I would appreciate any thoughts as I am left handed, female, and nearing 55. I love to target shoot-it-up with the guys.
Thank you

Bolt_Overide
02-15-07, 00:36
Im not a big fan of the sig as i dont beleive it really does anything my AR doesnt do, especially for the price.

The masada intrigues me, but if you want one, youve got another year to wait for it.

own any commie guns yet?

Batt 57
02-15-07, 05:30
No collection is complete without a main battle rifle.... get a FAL.:D

Business_Casual
02-15-07, 07:09
AK-74 side folder.

M_P

Robb Jensen
02-15-07, 07:11
AK-74 side folder.

M_P

5.45x39 ammo is pretty cheap right now too! :D

SinnFéinM1911
02-15-07, 07:39
I have to admit, before coming to work here and being able to work with these PDW's and Carbine's I hated them and followed the "public consent" and stayed far far away.

Now that I get to work with them, they are truly amazing systems.

Let me know if you have any questions.

rob_s
02-15-07, 09:02
I think you'll find the majority of the members here to be shooters and not collectors. With that said, are you looking to fill a functional void in your arsenal, or fill a slot in the gunsafe? It's not that there's anything wrong with either answer, but you should be honest with yourself, at the very least, as to what you're looking for.

I don't think that either the Masada or the 556 are going to do anything for you functionally that your current arsenal won't do. I'd spend the money on ammo, magazines, or accessories for what you have to make you a better shooter for the kind of shooting you do. Not to mention that the Masada is so far out from production that it'll likely be banned by the time it hits the market.

Non-class III firearms are also rarely investments. Given that our political climate will change soon, that may also change with the enactment of another AWB. If you are actually looking for an investment, I'd buy a drop in auto sear for your AR as it takes up vitually no physical space and increases in value almost hourly. If you agree that an AWB may be coming, buy as inexpensive of an AK that you can and store it. AKs were in high demand at the height of the last ban and buns that sold new for $200 were going for over $1k.

If you're just looking to stuff the safe, I'd initially agree with Batt57 and tell you to get a FAL. Cheap mags, runs on any ammo, and is a softer shooter than your AR10. Stick to the DSA factory guns for maximium quality:$$ ratio. Since you do have that AR10 though (and hence the .308 auto-loader thing covered), having an AK of some sort might also be fun to shoot. Also has cheap ammo and mags, and may potentially be a good invest ment (see above).

striped1
02-15-07, 16:45
FAL and a Barrett 50 cal.

Seth Harness
02-15-07, 21:01
Fal, AK-74, or Accuracy International AW 338 lapau mag.:D

AR-15A3
02-18-07, 00:28
I would recommend the following:

DSA FAL
MSAR STG-556 - made in USA Steyr AUG bullpup version which uses AUG style US made mags
TPD AXR - made in USA Steyr AUG bullpup version which uses AR mags
Arsenal AK either 7.62 and 5.45 mm cal.

The MSAR STG-556 will be available this March but a left hand version will be offered later on.

TPD AXR will be available either end of summer or fall a left hand version will also be released at a later date.

MSAR STG-556 Microtech website link (http://www.microtechknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=58)

TPD AXR info thread link (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1778)

kbi
02-18-07, 05:17
Welcome to the board Ripsterdame .

AK in 5.45x39 would be nice .

Have you thoiught about a bolt gun ? Rem Pss,5R, or if you can a Accuracy intl AW .

HankL
02-22-07, 15:25
You could always add a knockoff of a M-14E2

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p4a4600d118287c7b8c93e01931dfad3d/ea90c632.jpg

Lot's of fun and a certain amount of CDI.

Shihan
02-24-07, 00:54
How about the goold ole M1Garand-ski, one of my favs?

Ripsterdame
03-05-07, 14:49
Thank you all for the valuable input. I really appreciate it. I shoot as much as I can when I have the $$. I have a new shoulder and need some ideas on less recoil guns....the AK's are pretty bad and also a bit heavy.

Also thank you for this forum.
Ripsterdame

fivepointoh
03-07-07, 15:24
Sorry to hear about your shoulder replacement....the -74 AK vairants have minimal recoil...as in less than 5.56

rayray
03-08-07, 19:42
I would recomend the M1A. Great Rifle very fun to shoot.