PDA

View Full Version : Sun Devil lowers

Boothj
09-19-09, 19:55
Has anyone out there had any experience with sun devil's recievers?

Fireglock
09-19-09, 20:37
I've bought a couple. One is now the BILs and is the base for a SPR, BCM upper receiver, Rainier SS barrel, DD BCG, etc. etc. The fit is tight and he loves it, he loves to shoot 200yrds and this setup is just what the doctor ordered.

I had to ask Paul at BCM to swap an upper receiver for mine (which he did, quickly and with a smile and hat), the first one wouldn't quite close into place, the second is nice and snug, fits perfectly. Pmags can be a hair tight when first installed but loosen up after a few trips in and out of the magwell. Biggest thing I've found is the BAD lever touches the frame a tad before going full travel, cuts bolt lock engagement a bit. It still seems to work fine and the bolt stays back but if it's a work gun I'd remove a bit of metal where it touches.

Finish is excellent.

Boothj
09-19-09, 21:06
I just picked one up. IT should be inbound next week. Thanks for the info.

bushmasterar15
09-20-09, 04:35
Very nicely made. I'm pleased with mine.

jkingrph
09-20-09, 13:08
I e mailed them a couple of weeks ago, asking as to how I could order and received no reply. I went ahead and picked up a few Rock river lowers. I guess they were not interested in a sale, probably a good one as I would have purchased 3 lowers and two uppers.

bkb0000
09-20-09, 13:15
I e mailed them a couple of weeks ago, asking as to how I could order and received no reply. I went ahead and picked up a few Rock river lowers. I guess they were not interested in a sale, probably a good one as I would have purchased 3 lowers and two uppers.

they're not hurting for orders, and it's one guy and his wife that operate the business. it's a very small operation that's got a supply:demand ratio of about 0:50

not everyone has a plant and 100+ employees.

Fireglock
09-20-09, 13:30

G&R Tactical and Rainier both carry them.

jakjakman
09-20-09, 13:42
I have a couple and I love them long time. The magwell can be a bit tight with some runs of pmags however, but nothing a bit of sand paper won't fix. Also, you have to do a bit of sanding on the MIAD backstrap to get it to fit right.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/jakjakman/Precious_12-5_SS/xSDC10306.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/jakjakman/Precious_12-5_SS/xSDC10297.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/jakjakman/LMT_SBR/xIMG_2098_2.jpg

jkingrph
09-20-09, 13:42
G&R Tactical and Rainier both carry them.

Too late now,

Fireglock
09-20-09, 13:49
Too late now,

E-mail Grant, he had some with small parts kits installed, they don't show up on the web page. Price is good, very close to buying a stripped lower and buying a RRAs LPK with dealer discount.

PrarieDog
09-20-09, 23:43
I am very pleased with the trhee I bought. For an extra $20 you can get a custom serial #. My son only has 16 1/2 years to go till he gets his with his serial #. Nothing like planning ahead.