PDA

View Full Version : trashed my g2...

Romeo Foxtrot
09-20-09, 14:25
just a heads up, dont use paint stripper that is not plastic friendly on a g2... i was stripping my rifle yesterday and used some klean strip to strip the paint off my g2 as well. the stuff says its not safe for plastic, but, i use it to strip the paint off my stock, xtm panels, grip etc... and it does no harm, i just make sure i rinse it off quickly. It instantly ruined my g2. The body is fine, however, it seems to have done some sort of damage to the bezel. The lense got all foggy and cracked and the light no longer functions. its my own fault.

anybody know where i can get a new head for a g2? and the tail cap... might as well just get both.

John_Wayne777
09-20-09, 17:48
I'm sure you can order both directly from Surefire or from a Surefire dealer like G&R Tactical.

Romeo Foxtrot
09-20-09, 20:46
it looks like grant is all out of both the bezel and the tail cap. i couldnt find the bezel on surefires websight?

ST911
09-21-09, 09:17
The window in the G2 is plastic. What a great time to upgrade your bezel to an aluminum one with a plexiglas. If using an LED lamp, you'll have the added benefit of addition run time due to the heatsinking properties of the aluminum.

Rider79
09-21-09, 09:25
I have the factory tailcaps laying around in all colors since I replaced all mine with Z48 click on-off tailcaps. PM me your address and let me know what color you want and I'll send you one.