PDA

View Full Version : Weapon for my Girl?

impure
09-21-09, 18:10
Hey guys,

I am currently in the market(again) for another black rifle but this time its not for me... my fiancee really wants to get into shooting AR's after firing mine. If any of you recall you helped me out on deciding what my first black rifle would be, its the Daniels Defense M4 and I love it. So she wants one to call her own now. We were looking at the new DDXV or the BCM Middy for sale by G&R, what is your guys' opinion on both these?

I love my DD and am glad that I bought it, she's got her mind set on either one of these, weight is not an issue either for her btw.

Thanks for the help,
Floyd

PRGGodfather
09-21-09, 19:01
You really cannot go wrong with either one at their respective price points. You could just about flip a coin, since you have already narrowed it down to two excellent options.

Good luck, and be safe!

uwe1
09-21-09, 19:36
The DD XV comes with a cold hammer forged barrel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the BCM does?

RD62
09-21-09, 20:08
No the complete BCM is not CHF. They do have their new line of BFH hammer forged uppers, that you could piece together with a BCM lower. You'd have to add the handguards, BCG, rear sight, mags, etc. Which would put you right there with the DD XV if not a little more.

Any of the three would be excellent though.

-RD62

eternal24k
09-21-09, 21:07
I have a 16" Lightweight middy on upper on order for my gf

mrbieler
09-21-09, 21:23
DD has a special going on now that really is hard to beat. Send in a copy of your 4473 and a receipt dated between 09/14 and 12/31 and get a $250 coupon for DD parts.

You could pick a XV and get an Omega rail for free. The BCM rifle looks like a great buy, but this coupon really makes the DD XV a killer deal.

PRGGodfather
09-21-09, 21:45
I forgot about the coupon. You are quite correct.

bkb0000
09-21-09, 22:14
My "wife's" gun... that i get more use out of than she does. and i never shoot it.

just throwing it in for an idea-sparkler.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_4f264a9e26ca4971bce07b8e15202677.jpg

Gentoo
09-22-09, 00:56
Who has the best price on the DDXV right now?

justin_247
09-22-09, 03:21
Who has the best price on the DDXV right now?

G&R Tactical or Clyde Armory. E-mail them to find out... Grant at G&R has a special price for members of this forum.

Gentoo
09-22-09, 03:37
G&R Tactical or Clyde Armory. E-mail them to find out... Grant at G&R has a special price for members of this forum.

Thanks for the info.

impure
09-22-09, 11:47
Sweet thanks for the recommendations guys, I think she's leaning more towards the DDXV right now, mostly cause I have the M4 and she'll want the little brother of mine! I did think that she wouldn't use it because she did that with a bike we bought her but it seems that everytime she goes with me shooting either AR or my 12 ga. that she is using the gun more than me. Thanks again guys

rychencop
09-22-09, 13:16
need pics of the girl to properly offer suggestions. bikini shots are always welcome.:D

kjd2121
09-22-09, 15:23
need pics of the girl to properly offer suggestions. bikini shots are always welcome.:D

Uhhh, Then again, maybe not!!!

Texas Patriot
09-22-09, 18:30
My "wife's" gun... that i get more use out of than she does. and i never shoot it.

just throwing it in for an idea-sparkler.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_4f264a9e26ca4971bce07b8e15202677.jpg

I'm looking to painting one of my ARs to a color similar to yours. Can you tell us what type of paint or coating you used and what color?

Thanks. You got a nice looking weapon there, sir.

YammyMonkey
09-22-09, 23:24
I would try to keep it as light as possible. Easier to handle = more enjoyable. I think I'm going to wait it out for a BCM lightweight midlength upper for my wife's gun.

zachsm
09-22-09, 23:39
Hey guys,

I am currently in the market(again) for another black rifle but this time its not for me... my fiancee really wants to get into shooting AR's after firing mine. If any of you recall you helped me out on deciding what my first black rifle would be, its the Daniels Defense M4 and I love it. So she wants one to call her own now. We were looking at the new DDXV or the BCM Middy for sale by G&R, what is your guys' opinion on both these?

I love my DD and am glad that I bought it, she's got her mind set on either one of these, weight is not an issue either for her btw.

Thanks for the help,
Floyd

If it's going to be a 16'', I'd say go with the midlength. I think the benefits of the gas system make it a better choice.

jp0319
09-23-09, 00:37
I agree that if the gun is for her that the middy has the benefits of softer recoil.

bkb0000
09-23-09, 00:38
I'm looking to painting one of my ARs to a color similar to yours. Can you tell us what type of paint or coating you used and what color?

Thanks. You got a nice looking weapon there, sir.

"Burgundy" anodize on a Sun Devil upper/lower set... then i just got lucky with the paint on the stock and handguard. Unfortunately, Krylon doesn't put the color name on the can, but it's basically a burgundy colored "Fusion" paint in a satin sheen. matches the anodize damn near perfectly. If you didn't want to/couldn't find them, you could just paint the receivers and end up with the same color.

Texas Patriot
09-23-09, 08:24
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.