PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Custom Colt Gunsite CCO 1911 - Full rebuild package, Holster, Mags

KingsideRook
09-22-09, 01:51
SOLD PENDING FUNDS

This is my Colt Gunsite C.C.O. Concealed Carry Officer’s Model. This is a complete rebuild from the frame up by 24-year 1911 Gunsmith Shannon Jennings. Every modification was made to make this the most effective and durable Commander Slide length (4.25") 1911 possible. The combination of Melonizing of all steel parts and IONBond Tungsten DLC finishes cost over $500 alone. My last 1911, and my favorite.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Juggernaut45/ccofinalsm.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Juggernaut45/colt2.jpg

Specs are as follows:
-Frame is Factory Colt, Officer’s length. I had the frame cut for an EGW steel feed ramp insert, and then sent the frame to Protech for Mil-Spec Type III Hard Coat Anodizing. The frame was then sent to IONBond for their Tungsten DLC finish. The steel frame insert was Melonized, for corrosion prevention, polished, and then IONBond DLC finished as well.
- Cylinder & Slide Tactical II Lockwork, EDM Wire Cut, factory Rockwell hardness tested tool steel, for a perfect 4# trigger pull, and no worry of breakage or wear. The steel used, and the low stress machining process combine to make these the best fire control parts you can buy. The trigger pull is crisp, clean, no takeup or overtravel, and edge hardness is unmatched. Hammer, disconnector, sear spring & hammer spring.
- Melonite (Tennifer) finish on all steel parts, If you’re not familiar with the Melonite treatment, it hardens(58-68 Rockwell surface hardness), slicks and rustproofs steel, Glocks, SIGs and Springfield Armory XD pistols all use it. You cannot rust a Melonite part, making it ideal for carry. The Melonite treatment is finished with Black Oxide(bluing) the color of which can wear under friction, but cannot rust. The Frame, being aluminum, was not Melonized, but like all parts, was IONBond Tungsten DLC finished after. This finish is a PVD coating a few microns thick, of Tungsten Diamonds which measure 90 Rockwell - very hard and slick.
- Gunsite Low-Profile Alumagrips. These grips have the Gunsite Raven Logo in subdued black, and are slim grips. Installed with slim grip screws and Hex Grip Screw Bushings by Wilson.
- 10-8 Performance Flat trigger – standard length of pull, but with no curve in the trigger face to “roll” the tip of the finger high or low. Pull is straight-back, no matter where you put your finger on the trigger. The best feel available in a 1911 trigger – I use them in 3 other pistols. The trigger was IONBond Diamond Black finished, which prevents scratching on the frame, and keeps the trigger matte black after hundreds and hundreds of rounds.
- Colt magazine release – standard length, so as not to stick out past the slim grips, checkered face.
- Wilson Combat Bulletproof Slide Stop – Machined from bar stock, machined and heat-treated, round pin, serrated pad. Not too large, but with enough flat surface to hit easily.
- Ed Brown full pin set –all pins in the pistol are heat-treated steel.
XS 24/7 Big Dot Tritium sights. Dot-over-line sighting. 2006 manufacture, bright Trijicon tubes, fits in the Novak cuts.
- ISMI standard weight (16#) recoil spring.
- Ed Brown barstock plunger tube.
- Colt Commander Length Guide rod.
- EGW Thick bushing & cap, radiused to match barrel. Snug accurate fit, but still hand-removable.
- Colt Commander barrel, fitted to bushing and radiused at an angle to the barrel bushing. Locks up perfectly.
- Ed Brown Tactical safety, single side.
- S&A Flat blank Mainspring housing with custom integral lanyard loop. Butt edge is radiused for comfort and to prevent garment wear.
- Ed Brown Hardcore firing pin
- EGW Heavy Duty Extractor. Also has a spare, an Fitted Ed Brown Hardcore Extractor, 4340 Tool steel, like all the Ed Brown Hardcore parts, has a lifetime guarantee.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Juggernaut45/colt3.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Juggernaut45/colt4.jpg

I put less than 1500 rounds through this 1911, and only about 400 since refinishing. It shoots very well for a Commander, handheld from a bench, it will shoot a 1-inch group at 15 yards with Remington junk off the shelf.
It has a pinpoint spot of wear on the triggerguard, one pinpoint mark on the frame, a tiny bit of wear on the barrel bushing, some light wear on the rear sight, and slight wear inside the frame from mag insertion. All of these marks are very tiny, but I prefer to mention them up front. Other than that, it is in incredible shape, the DLC finish is VERY tough and hard to mar or scuff.
This 1911 also comes with:
- 5 Metalform removable floorplate Magazines, with Tripp Research Super 7 spring & follower upgrade kits. These are the best and most reliable combination of mag body and internals available for an Officer’s Length pistol, treated with the Same IONBond Tungsten DLC, making the mags black, supremely slick, rustproof and scratchproof. These mags cost over $50 each between component parts and IONBonding. Ialso have the two original Colt magazines, not IONBonded, but with Tripp Internals, which were mostly used for practice.
- Colt Factory Hard Case, with all original paperwork and inserts from Cotl and parts manufacturers.
- Colt factory screwdriver – not included with CCOs, but a nice little bonus.
- Brommeland Max-Con V holster, in excellent shape for IWB carry – these holsters go for $169 separately, slim, comfortable and very concealable.
- Galco DMC268 Double Mag pouch for spare mags. Not as nice as the Brommeland, but undeniably functional, kept two spare mags on my belt for months.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Juggernaut45/ccobushing-1.jpg

I took very good care of this pistol, and don’t wish to part with my last 1911, but like my others before it, needs to be turned into home repairs. This pistol cost me over $2300 to build, parts, labor, and finishing. In terms of parts quality, they are unparalleled, as you can see from the listing – the base firearm and parts alone total over $1800 of the price of the 1911, before hours of labor per gun, and rustproofing Melonite treatment and IONBond Coating. In terms of build quality, it is not so tight as to be unreliable – 100% function over 1500 rounds, before and after the custom work was done. With the mags, holster, a low serial #, and a well-kept condition, $1625 shipped to your FFL , or $1500 without the Brommeland Holster. I am perfectly happy to sell it separately. Email Kingsiderook@gmail.com with any questions, I will accept Money Order, Certified Check, or Paypal +3.7%.

KingsideRook
10-01-09, 23:38
Bump - Reduced $100

SOLD PENDING FUNDS