PDA

View Full Version : Something to Watch

BudMan5
09-22-09, 17:33
I am new to the forum but I have been around for a while. I have a late start to get ready for "what if".

Here's something that I am beginning to realyl fear.

Iran is doing everything they can to build an atomic bomb. According to the 'secret' annex of the the IAEA that was just released, they have already accumulated enough material to build at least two and possibly three bombs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_eu/eu_iran_nuclear

Their idiot leadership has promised to annihilate Israel. Ahmadinejad the Preseident continues to spout this in every speech he makes. He will probably do so again this week at the UN.

Benjamin Netanyahu is the current Prime Minister of Israel. He is a former member of Sayeret Matkal, a recon element of Israeli Defense Forces. His brother, Yoni, was also a member of Sayeret Matkal and he was the leader of the special unit that freed the hostages of a German airliner at Entebbe in Uganda in 1976 and was the only casualty of that highly successful operation. That example resulted in the formation of the German GSG 9 and the American Delta Force.

Netanyahu is well spoken and appears to be interested in settling peacefully all of the issues now facing israel. But make no mistake, Neanyahu can and will be hard as nails.

I think Israel is beginning to feel alone against Iran. They are already feeling threatened and as time continues and the threat grows, Israel will act against Iran and take out all of the nuclear facilities. As many of those are hardened sites and deep underground, it will be a major air assault using bunker busters to get down to the manufacturing levels of each site.

Once that happens, the Arab/Islamic world is going to explode. What's left of Iran will close the straits of Hormuz cutting off 40% of the world's oil.

Our already damaged economy will not be able to handle this if it actually happens.

I think we are living in (to say the least) interesting times. We have an awful lot of enemies out there and they are sometimes acting in concert against us.

I am not trying to scream wolf, I am just hoping to hear that I am way off base.

Outlander Systems
09-22-09, 19:28
"Our already damaged economy will not be able to handle this if it actually happens."

This echoes my own concerns.

I try to not be an alarmist; however, the economic problem is troublesome enough on its own, but to couple that with an external threat would be a convergence of catastrophe.

$200+ pb oil would bring weakened economy, and most likely the daily logistics and operation of civilisation to its knees.

I've been researching Peak Oil and its peripheral problems since about 2004. I was first exposed to the subject in 2002, but it took two years to even seriously ponder it without dimwitted scoffs and guffaws, and seriously take notice.

With an economy in shambles, extreme political in-fighting, and a citizenry widely disenfranchised from the representative government, our nation is already in dark times. Our vigilance should be tireless in times such as these.

Perhaps I'm being over dramatic, but I truly believe, at current, we are at a tipping point, where an external threat could create a cascade of collapse domestically.

I personally don't believe coddling our enemies is a stellar idea, at the moment.

But, then again, I'm just some jerk with a keyboard.

K.L. Davis
09-22-09, 21:02
About this forum

this is not a forum to discuss how political, social, economical or extra-terrestrial influences may lead to things going awry. Please feel free to discuss steps to take in preparation for Natural Disaster, Civil Unrest, Terrorist Attack or the Collapse of Key Infrastructure; but please, no speculation, prediction, news or warnings of how/why/when any of these may happen.
I can move it to General Discussion or lock it... your call.

Outlander Systems
09-22-09, 21:52
Lock it, and trash it.

"...I'm just some jerk with a keyboard. "