PDA

View Full Version : How you say Los Pepes in Arabic?

JHC
09-22-09, 18:52
Hmmmmm . . . whose got the juice for this op?

Thirty Mahdi Army commanders assasinated in Damascus
Unknown gunmen assassinated 30 Mahdi Army commanders in the Syrian capital Damascus. The killings, made in the past few weeks, were all made "quietly, inside the victims apartments", said an unnamed source in the Sadr movement. The source added that among those assassinated was Laith al-Ka'bi, who commanded the Mahdi Army in the Palestine Street neighborhood in eastern Baghdad. The report adds that large numbers of Mahdi Army operatives left to Iran out of fear the assassinations wave could expand to target them.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

I couldn't get much from the link in this blog. Can't read that right to left language.

telecustom
09-22-09, 19:57
It's a good start.

SeriousStudent
09-22-09, 19:58
Interesting.

I hope that whoever it is, they are as effective as Los Pepes were in Colombia.

Voodoochild
09-22-09, 20:25
Interesting.

I hope that whoever it is, they are as effective as Los Pepes were in Columbia.

Colombia ;)

SeriousStudent
09-22-09, 20:41
Hehehe - thanks. I have always been a bad spellur. ;)

Carne Frio
09-22-09, 23:57
How you say Los Pepes in Arabic ?

? Mosad ?

JHC
09-23-09, 05:20
Carne,
Good, but what interest would Mosad have in the Mahdi Army? With all the other necessary targets (for Israel), why go after a group that is a problem for Iraq? Hmmmm.

Mahdi Army is a problem for the Iraqi govt in general but more so for the Sunnis who are minority players.

We spent a good bit of resources developing the Iraqi's special operations capability. Could they be that "assertive"? There is a lot of tension between the two countries.

Could be an internal Syrian issue. Syria is completely ruthless and if the Mahdi was setting up shop it there, they could have been a disruptive influence in one way or another.

Definitely a different signature vs the ubiquitous car bombs. (is that a bizarre notion or what?)

Carne Frio
09-23-09, 15:35
Carne,
Good, but what interest would Mosad have in the Mahdi Army? With all the other necessary targets (for Israel), why go after a group that is a problem for Iraq? Hmmmm.

Mahdi Army is a problem for the Iraqi govt in general but more so for the Sunnis who are minority players.

We spent a good bit of resources developing the Iraqi's special operations capability. Could they be that "assertive"? There is a lot of tension between the two countries.

Could be an internal Syrian issue. Syria is completely ruthless and if the Mahdi was setting up shop it there, they could have been a disruptive influence in one way or another.

Definitely a different signature vs the ubiquitous car bombs. (is that a bizarre notion or what?)

Good question. I was just speculating, since the Israelis like stirring up stuff
in the moslem world, when possible. Most likely it is the Syrians just taking
out the trash.

RogerinTPA
09-23-09, 17:40
Most excellent! I wonder why it took so long for the idea to take root. It's the best thing to happen for that region. Great work and God's speed, who ever you are.;)

JHC
09-23-09, 17:49
Carne, I believe that in that region, truth is stranger than fiction. It could be the Mosad throwing "misdirection assasinations" to trigger something else. It probably wouldn't be the first time. LOL

Like rharris noted . . . whoever! Keep it up.

LockenLoad
09-23-09, 18:46
Good question. I was just speculating, since the Israelis like stirring up stuff
in the moslem world, when possible. Most likely it is the Syrians just taking
out the trash.

if I had to guess I would say the same

Abraxas
09-23-09, 19:23
Hmmmmm . . . whose got the juice for this op?

Thirty Mahdi Army commanders assasinated in Damascus
Unknown gunmen assassinated 30 Mahdi Army commanders in the Syrian capital Damascus. The killings, made in the past few weeks, were all made "quietly, inside the victims apartments", said an unnamed source in the Sadr movement. The source added that among those assassinated was Laith al-Ka'bi, who commanded the Mahdi Army in the Palestine Street neighborhood in eastern Baghdad. The report adds that large numbers of Mahdi Army operatives left to Iran out of fear the assassinations wave could expand to target them.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

I couldn't get much from the link in this blog. Can't read that right to left language.

I'm loving it!!!

JHC
09-23-09, 20:11
If Bill Roggio doesn't know, nobody (open source) does. ;)

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2009/09/mahdi_army_members_assassinate.php

Roggio: There is no indication of who is conducting the assassination campaign in Damascus. Is this an internal power struggle, Sunni retribution, or the elimination of elements that have become a liability to Iran's Qods Force? Or something else?

Also, the leader of the League of the Righteous (Asaib al Haq) is Akram al Kabi; he took command of the Mahdi Army faction in 2007 after the US detained Qais Qazali. It is not clear if Laith and Akram are related.

The Iraqi government is reconciling with the Iranian Qods Force-backed League of the Righteous; it is unclear what impact, if any, the assassinations in Damascus may have on the efforts.

09-23-09, 21:06
I'm going with a Quds and Rev. Guard joint action to "show they are serious" w/Iraqi leadership about a reconciliation. Nothing but a smokescreen.

thedog
09-24-09, 00:47
Colombia ;)

El Salvador, Venezuela, MEXICO, et al;

dog