PDA

View Full Version : Mounts using PVS14 & Aimpoint?

airinfront
09-22-09, 21:38
My 1st time on here nice forum by the way...

I am having problems lining up the two scopes Aimpoint & PVS14 One is always higher than the other. Sight picture is not good. I'm using an AR15 LMT 16". Can anyone help point me in the right direction May have pictures or Brand names to share. I am using this setup for hog hunting.

Failure2Stop
09-23-09, 00:34
I used them with standard issue mounts and they worked just fine as long as the 14 was behind the AP and the dot was adjusted correctly.

What mounts are you using?

Iraq Ninja
09-23-09, 01:38
+1 on the issued mount. You can get them on ebay for around 50-75, approx $100 retail.

Have you tried using the 14 while mounted to a helmet or skull crusher? Seems to be the preferred method when hunting four-legged and two-legged animals.

airinfront
09-24-09, 00:05
I used them with standard issue mounts and they worked just fine as long as the 14 was behind the AP and the dot was adjusted correctly.

What mounts are you using?

I just got a M69 ARMS mount.

Have GG&G and A3256348.

I'm going to put 14 behind AP. I got the head mount and just got the GCP Ground Commanders IR Tactical Aimer/Pointer-840nm Weapon Mounted or Hand Held Laser. IR light is the troch. Have not had time to set it up yet. Work first!

Thank you all for the help.

Iraqgunz
09-24-09, 01:08
IIRC GG&G has two different PVS14 mounts a low and tall. I recently switched to the LaRue mount and I like it better. I am still deciding on what optic I am going to use. Right now I am just running the PVS and a PEQ-2.

I just got a M69 ARMS mount.

Have GG&G and A3256348.

I'm going to put 14 behind AP. I got the head mount and just got the GCP Ground Commanders IR Tactical Aimer/Pointer-840nm Weapon Mounted or Hand Held Laser. IR light is the troch. Have not had time to set it up yet. Work first!

Thank you all for the help.