PDA

View Full Version : CA Gun Owners NEED Your Help!

PRGGodfather
09-22-09, 21:54
There are two bills on the Governor's desk, which desperately need to be vetoed:

AB962 will restrict ammunition purchase, and make it illegal to order it through the mail. SB585 is a ban on gun shows on public property.

It is simple:

Step 1: Call 916-445-2841
Step 2: Press 1 for English.
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor's desk
Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary ;)

If this bill passes we will have to buy handgun ammunition at a lot higher prices and give our private data every time we do so.

By the way, if you are reloading, you are not safe at all - AB962 defined ammunition very loosely so bullets are ammunition too.

Also there is SB585 that seeks to ban gun shows at the Cow Palace -- it needs to be vetoed too! Same routing, just press "3" in step 4.

You don't need to be a Californian to call.

Granted, I understand completely if you would like to see CA fall into the ocean, but since what happens in CA tends to spread across the country -- it truly spells trouble for all of us.

Please help, some of us are still fighting behind enemy lines...

decodeddiesel
09-22-09, 22:07
There are two bills on the Governor's desk, which desperately need to be vetoed:

AB962 will restrict ammunition purchase, and make it illegal to order it through the mail. SB585 is a ban on gun shows on public property.

It is simple:

If this bill passes we will have to buy handgun ammunition at a lot higher prices and give our private data every time we do so.

By the way, if you are reloading, you are not safe at all - AB962 defined ammunition very loosely so bullets are ammunition too.

Also there is SB585 that seeks to ban gun shows at the Cow Palace -- it needs to be vetoed too! Same routing, just press "3" in step 4.

Granted, I understand completely if you would like to see CA fall into the ocean, but since what happens in CA tends to spread across the country -- it truly spells trouble for all of us.

Called, commented. I agree. There are a lot of people "stuck behind enemy lines" who work at the various military installations and national labs in California. I feel for them.

C-Fish
09-22-09, 22:16
Number is busy...guess that is a good sign?

thatgirl
09-22-09, 22:18
I called. I also forwarded your post to a few friends that work at a local range/store. Thank you for posting this. I'm pretty sure these will pass, but it never hurts to voice your opposition. With Gavin Newsom poised to become the next CA governor, things like this (restrictions on ammo, and such) are just the beginning.

Country DeVil
09-22-09, 22:22
can I really Repeat as necessary? or are they just going to say oh one guy voted 300 times?

PRGGodfather
09-22-09, 22:49
If everyone here and TOS called it could make a difference.

The libtards use the web as a force multiplier. We can too.

The_War_Wagon
09-23-09, 10:24
Not that I don't empathize for people stuck there, but wouldn't YOU guys who LIVE there, calling Atlas Van Lines, or U-Haul, and then voting with your FEET, be the BEST vote of all?

Come to a FREE state - you'll LOVE AR15's that haven't been jerry-rigged into '03 Springfields, and the like :rolleyes:. Even in PA :rolleyes:, you can legally own Class III weapons! :eek:

PRGGodfather
09-23-09, 11:30
4.5 years before I retire to Arizona. In the meantime, if it passes and heads east, you'll know you had a chance to help...

Business_Casual
09-23-09, 12:10
Not that I don't empathize for people stuck there, but wouldn't YOU guys who LIVE there, calling Atlas Van Lines, or U-Haul, and then voting with your FEET, be the BEST vote of all?

Come to a FREE state - you'll LOVE AR15's that haven't been jerry-rigged into '03 Springfields, and the like :rolleyes:. Even in PA :rolleyes:, you can legally own Class III weapons! :eek:

California is a laboratory for restrictions passed later in other states.

As tempting as that attitude is, it is counter-productive.

M_P

Failure2Stop
09-23-09, 12:18

I would love it if they moved every base in CA to TX, but it just ain't gonna happen :(.

Help some brothers out.
Think of the children.
:D

militarymoron
09-23-09, 12:18

sometimes things like a job, family, finances etc keep you from moving for your hobby.
i can see both sides of the argument, but IMHO, moving also seems like giving up the fight and pulling out: 'there's no hope, so i'm leaving with my tail between my legs'. i think that's precisely what the libs want to see. that, and gun manufacturers/businesses refusing to do business with CA. instead of refusing to deal with CA, i'd think that we'd want to flood/infuse the state with as much weaponary as possible to stick it to the libs.

LockenLoad
09-23-09, 12:21

M_P

I called for you, but I would leave too, hell the state is bankrupt, and all they want to do is restrict 2nd amendment rights, give free health care too illegals and sell pot, it's a beautiful state too bad it's run by crack pots and idiots. Somehow I don't see this flying in any southern state but you may be right JMO.

c0b2a
09-23-09, 12:23
Thanks for the info, I am still a CA resident on paper, which is such a pain in the ass. I have to bring in a copy of my orders every time I want to buy a weapon. Called for both bills already.

LOKNLOD
09-23-09, 12:32
Number is busy...guess that is a good sign?

Same here, let's hope it's cause we are burning up the lines!

ToddG
09-23-09, 12:41
Busy when I tried just now, as well.

sometimes things like a job, family, finances etc keep you from moving for your hobby.

I wouldn't categorize the right to own a firearm for the protection of one's family, home, and self as a hobby. Nor would I use that term to describe anything related to buying the ammunition necessary to operate and practice with said firearm(s). However, I completely agree that "just move!" is a silly response. Not everyone can afford to pick up his entire life and move it across a border.

militarymoron
09-23-09, 13:41
Busy when I tried just now, as well.

I wouldn't categorize the right to own a firearm for the protection of one's family, home, and self as a hobby. Nor would I use that term to describe anything related to buying the ammunition necessary to operate and practice with said firearm(s).

that's a good point. my mind wasn't on that aspect of it when i wrote that.

MaceWindu
09-23-09, 13:51

M_P

BINGO...

Mace

thatgirl
09-23-09, 14:35
For all those people who say things like moving out of CA is "counter productive" or "like giving up the fight" or "you should stay in CA and try to fix things in your own state", how many of you actually live in CA?? I hear where you're coming from with this logic, but please try to imagine what it would be like to actually live here. The taxes in CA are insane!! I swear half of the people living here are on welfare. They're are going to start commuting felony sentences into misdemeanors and releasing inmates early to make up for the huge budget shortfall. There are obama stickers on 4 out of 5 cars. If you wanna talk about firearms - It is near impossible to get a carry permit because heaven forbid people are allowed to protect themselves. Suppressors and threaded barrels are illegal as are high capacity mags. And the latest and greatest is AB962 which is what this very thread is about. Lets face it, California is the most un-American state in the union. It is true that the fire starts in CA and spreads east, however, the chances that CA will simmer down with all this anti-American screw your rights BS is about as likely that she will secede from the union. Im moving out. If any of you want to take my place in this commie state you can sub-let my apartment. Don't think I'll hear any takers though.

Bowser
09-23-09, 14:43
For all those people who say things like moving out of CA is "counter productive" or "like giving up the fight" or "you should stay in CA and try to fix things in your own state", how many of you actually live in CA?? I hear where you're coming from with this logic, but please try to imagine what it would be like to actually live here. The taxes in CA are insane!! I swear half of the people living here are on welfare. They're are going to start commuting felony sentences into misdemeanors and releasing inmates early to make up for the huge budget shortfall. There are obama stickers on 4 out of 5 cars. If you wanna talk about firearms - It is near impossible to get a carry permit because heaven forbid people are allowed to protect themselves. Suppressors and threaded barrels are illegal as are high capacity mags. And the latest and greatest is AB962 which is what this very thread is about. Lets face it, California is the most un-American state in the union. It is true that the fire starts in CA and spreads east, however, the chances that CA will simmer down with all this anti-American screw your rights BS is about as likely that she will secede from the union. Im moving out. If any of you want to take my place in this commie state you can sub-let my apartment. Don't think I'll hear any takers though.

not to be nit picky, but there is no law against possession of hi-cap mags. also threaded barrels are fine as long as they aren't on a pistol.

thatgirl
09-23-09, 14:51
not to be nit picky, but there is no law against possession of hi-cap mags. also threaded barrels are fine as long as they aren't on a pistol.

As far as ability purchase high capacity mags in CA. If Im wrong about that, then Im wrong. Why would I want a threaded barrel if I can't use it?

I understand where you're going here, but it's not just about guns.

thatgirl
09-23-09, 14:56

"If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?
No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers."

^taken from this site - http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php#5

boltcatch
09-23-09, 19:10
I hate to say it, but CA gun owners don't need "help", they - and many others - need to simply get the **** out of that place and let it burn as an example.

CA is a lab for policies tested later in other states precisely because it has not yet sunk in with the general American public just how irrevocably ****ed up it is. Not enough doers, too many moochers and fools. The doers need to MOVE. THE. ****. OUT. AND. LET. IT. BURN.

Perhaps the only good example coming out of CA is - irony alert, watch for low flying pigs - the 9th circuit's efforts to fight the federal government's broad interpretation of the commerce clause (and by broad, I mean "bullshit")

MaceWindu
09-23-09, 19:41
CA is a lab for policies tested later in other states

NO. That is exactly why we need to stay and kill it @ the root or it WILL spread.

Mace

PRGGodfather
09-23-09, 23:26
Doing nothing means the gun grabbers win.

Hey, I understand the anti-CA sentiment, and I live here. For now, I have 4.5 years to be old enough to draw my pension. I've been a cop for 24 years, and I'd like to be able to buy ammunition from Cabelas, and I would like my fellow officers, sportsmen and safety-conscious citizens to be able to do the same.

Maybe we lose one -- and MAYBE, we can effect the outcome or send a message to slow down these ninnies. Doing nothing guarantees Arnold senses no urgency to veto.

Until then, political infighting aside -- please help by lighting up the phone tree, or not -- but let's not derail the point of this process by arguing with each other about the virtues of moving.

I get it, but it doesn't get elected officials' attention now -- does it?

Every good gunowner moves out California and the hoplophobes feel vindicated. Then, I promise -- more schemes like this one will go to Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and maybe Pennsylvania, next. Any dreams the South will secede from the union because these knuckleheads win are just that -- dreams. In fact, if we don't help each other -- I bet they eventually find a way to your front door.

Just how long ago was it we had a Federal AWB? Why was it allowed to sunset?

It sure as heck wasn't allowed to sunset because we insisted gunowners move out of California. So, is "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" the best we can advise for this nonsense?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

DragonDoc
09-23-09, 23:54

It is simple:

Made the calls and opposed the bills.

PRGGodfather
09-24-09, 02:48
Thank you brother.

Remember, a unified front hit Zumbo pretty hard, even temporarily. Let's at least make them think twice, and maybe hold them off.

I don't want another major attack on our soil to be what makes us Americans again.

citizensoldier16
09-24-09, 03:01
Got some co-workers and we all called and voted. The Gubernator heard from NC today!

boltcatch
09-24-09, 10:58
NO. That is exactly why we need to stay and kill it @ the root or it WILL spread.

Mace

And as I also said in my reply, they only reason they're still there to do it is because some of us refuse to leave them to their own mistakes. They're the canary in the mineshaft; stop the CPR and let it die already. If they're sheltered from the consequences of their actions, they will never learn.

drrufo
09-24-09, 16:14
You can buy replacement parts for all your hi capacity mags, if needed. The guns shows all have 20 and 30 round mags for ARs that are blocked at 10 rounds.
I am looking to buy a g21 on Gunbroker and will ask the seller to ship any high capacity mags to my buddy in Utah who will ship me a like amount of 10 round mags, no problem doing that.

What does piss me off are all the sellers on gunbroker.com that will not ship a pistol to Calif. They claim the g21 is not "approved" or it can take a high capacity mag so it illegal to sell there. That is BS the state has an approved list and all the versions of the g21 are legal( they were the last time I looked). Others say they don't want to sell because the state needs pre approval to sell a pistol in the state. That is exactly what the state wants, people who afraid to sell in Calif.

I use a FFL who doesn't care what you buy as long it is legal, he will receive it for you and do all the paperwork, he has a thick folder of transactions that he has done this year and will receive the g21 for me in the next month.

RogerinTPA
09-24-09, 16:28
I hate to say it, but CA gun owners don't need "help", they - and many others - need to simply get the **** out of that place and let it burn as an example.

CA is a lab for policies tested later in other states precisely because it has not yet sunk in with the general American public just how irrevocably ****ed up it is. Not enough doers, too many moochers and fools. The doers need to MOVE. THE. ****. OUT. AND. LET. IT. BURN.

Perhaps the only good example coming out of CA is - irony alert, watch for low flying pigs - the 9th circuit's efforts to fight the federal government's broad interpretation of the commerce clause (and by broad, I mean "bullshit")

True words indeed....MOVE OUT! Once everyone (That's Progun/Pro2A) is clear, we'll set off the Demo Charges along the San Andreas Fault line, then we can watch it slide off into the Pacific!:p

PRGGodfather
09-24-09, 16:48
And as I also said in my reply, they only reason they're still there to do it is because some of us refuse to leave them to their own mistakes. They're the canary in the mineshaft; stop the CPR and let it die already. If they're sheltered from the consequences of their actions, they will never learn.

Well, that canary is also 13% of the US Gross Domestic Product. If you think think letting this state die that way is ever going to happen -- well, I have nothing else to say.

I do ask; however, that my thread not be derailed based on such sentiment.

It's one thing not to help -- that is your choice. It is another thing altogether to give unsolicited and unwelcome advice.

decodeddiesel
09-24-09, 17:10
Well, that canary also 13% of the US Gross Domestic Product. If you think that's going to happen -- well, I have nothing else to say.

I do ask; however that my thread not be derailed based on such sentiment.

It's one thing not to help -- that is your choice. It is another thing altogether to give unsolicited and unwelcome advice.

I agree. There are many national assets in California that are critical to the security and welfare of this country. Good people who really don't have a choice are stuck working there. I have many friends who work at NAWS China Lake, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Pendleton, San Diego, etc. They just can't pack up and leave because of the gun control policies of the state. Furthermore that is all but admitting defeat IMHO.

Make the call if you want to support the cause, or don't if you can't be bothered with it. But don't shit on good people or the place they live simply because their personal or professional need to take up residency in a place with less than ideal gun laws over rides their desire to live in a "free state".

Artos
09-24-09, 18:39
I would love it if they moved every base in CA to TX, but it just ain't gonna happen :(.

we would be glad to have them and all the other patriots......the red/blue map by county of the left state is pretty cool.

we have room....come on.

PRGGodfather
09-24-09, 19:14
You see, that is exactly my position -- if all of the gun owners came to California, and voted our agenda not just in the country, but in the metropolitan centers -- THAT could really change the legislative laboratory, couldn't it?

You want to win the war? Get into their OODA loop and move through it faster. It may make some of us feel good to incite an exodus, but that is ALL such genius will accomplish.

Libtards KNOW they are annoying -- heck, they cannot even stand themselves! So every good one of us who leaves, is just a void one of them will fill. Eventually, their crap spreads and we will have only established a pattern of leaving...

When the going gets tough -- the tough STAY.

Can't win 'em all -- and maybe they even kick our butts. But they should KNOW they were in a fight!

So bring a lunch, because we're gonna be angry and hungry once it's done...

Abraxas
09-24-09, 19:19
If everyone here and TOS called it could make a difference.

The libtards use the web as a force multiplier. We can too.

Agreed, done and done.