PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Broncos

Dunderway
09-23-09, 19:54
1966-77.

Could someone point me towards the M4C of vintage bronco forums/sites, if there is one? Also, please feel free to share your bronco pictures or stories. I love these things.

Thanks,

thedog
09-24-09, 00:51
1966-77.

Could someone point me towards the M4C of vintage bronco forums/sites, if there is one? Also, please feel free to share your bronco pictures or stories. I love these things.

Thanks,

I was hoping for a pic or two :mad:. I don't own one, but I like them too. I have a 98 4x4 Durango and an 88 4x2(?) F-150. I had an '86 Montero 4x4 and an '87 4x4 Blazer that were lots of fun!

doggle

USMC1341
09-24-09, 03:11
Try this site. Guys there will turn you on to sites dealing with EB's. I had 2x myself in high school. Awesome ride wish I could great another one in the future.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/

Artos
09-24-09, 07:50
I had 2x myself in high school. Awesome ride wish I could great another one in the future.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/

Me too....an 81 and then the 84 with the 351 H.O. engine. That thing was a monster. I surprised several vehicles that thought they were fast.:)

The_War_Wagon
09-24-09, 08:09
Had a '79 with a DE-smogged 351 Milford, Borg-Warner T-18 granny-low 4-speed, NP205 Transfer case, and Dana 44 FRONT axle - MAN that truck was bulletproof! :D

Restoring a '92 Dodge Ramcharger these days on the side, but don't know of an classic Bronco sites. Scroogle it might show something though! :cool:

Rider79
09-24-09, 10:07
This would be the Bravo Company USA of Early Bronco sites:

http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/eb.html

I had a 71 Sport and a 74, but thanks to the Northeastern climate, both were pretty beat up. I was young and broke when I had them, so there wasn't much I could do to fix them up. I've seen quite a few nice examples out here, but because of the lack of rust, they always go for a high price.

MPi-KMS-72
09-24-09, 10:39
It has been a long time since I had much to do with Early Broncos. There are some days I wish I went with them rather than get diverted into Land Rovers.:eek:

Just google "Early Bronco" and you'll find a ton of places dedicated to them.

Hmmm there is one for sale down the road that I have been meanig to stop and look at...

Rider79
09-24-09, 10:43
Hmmm there is one for sale down the road that I have been meanig to stop and look at...

No shit... this thread has me looking at craigslist. I guess with the economy they aren't as expensive as they used to be. Hmmm....

MPi-KMS-72
09-24-09, 10:54
No shit... this thread has me looking at craigslist. I guess with the economy they aren't as expensive as they used to be. Hmmm....

There WAS a really nice one near here with a PTO winch on it- Living int he rust belt means that any Early Bronco or scout catches my eye, most died and were crushed after they rusted away. With the price of scrap over the past couple years even 1/2 way decent restorable ones often were scrapped. :mad:

I have a good friend who is building a Land Rover 88" into a rock crawler, he has spent a LOT of time and effort on it, one day I was talking to him and he said "you know I should have just stuck to Broncos because I am essentially turning this Land Rover into one..." ( He had swapped out the 4 cyl and LR 4 spd for a 302 and NP435, spendt a ton of $ on upgrading the LR axles, SOA etc...)

USMC1341
09-24-09, 14:02
Though I love the EB's I'd love to have a full size 78-79. Hey with 4x labs and hunting gear the EB is too crowded.

103M 95G
09-24-09, 14:08
Had a 75, 302, 3speed on the column, 35" superswampers, dana 44 front 9"rear,
custom 1/2 cab.

flipped it over the hood of an 88 cavalier who pulled out infront of me. man I miss that beast.

Rider79
09-24-09, 14:37
There WAS a really nice one near here with a PTO winch on it- Living int he rust belt means that any Early Bronco or scout catches my eye, most died and were crushed after they rusted away. With the price of scrap over the past couple years even 1/2 way decent restorable ones often were scrapped. :mad:

There's a couple pretty nice ones on the local craigslist, 75-77 models too, which I think were the best ones, ranging from $6500-9000.

Dunderway
09-26-09, 13:58

They have really dropped in price lately. I want to buy a nice clean one before I move away from CA, never to return. I bet there are some good ones in Vegas.

PrarieDog
09-26-09, 16:38
check out Broncoholics.com
They cover mostly the older Broncos. I love the look of the older ones but my 94 rides better has ac and starts all the time. Can't say the same about the older broncos though. To each his own.

Dunderway
09-26-09, 16:54
check out Broncoholics.com
They cover mostly the older Broncos. I love the look of the older ones but my 94 rides better has ac and starts all the time. Can't say the same about the older broncos though. To each his own.

That is part of my dilema. I have wanted an EB for years, but I could easily find a nice later model Bronco with low mileage in a couple of days for about half the price. That must have really been a popular vehicle here because there are always 20-30 of them on craigslist. No smog ever on the EB is also attractive though.

How many miles does your 94 have on it? Any issues to speak of?

ZGXtreme
09-26-09, 17:02
Classic Broncos.com (66-77) (http://classicbroncos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)