PDA

View Full Version : What is more important?

jrainer
09-24-09, 09:26
So looking at picking up a Tactical rifles lower to have as a spare lower should I ever need or have the funds available to put together another AR. My first question is has anyone ever heard of Tactical Rifles? My second question is does the lower manufacturer matter as much as the upper does? example if I picked this lower up and 6 or seven months down the road if I wanted to put a S&W upper on it would I have a quality rifle I can have fun with? Also what would be a fair price it is NIB complete lower standard m4 6 position stock nothing fancy

austinN4
09-24-09, 09:35
example if I picked this lower up and 6 or seven months down the road if I wanted to put a S&W upper on it would I have a quality rifle I can have fun with?
Were it me, and I planned to put an S&W upper on it, I would just buy an S&W lower from Grant:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=312002&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dlower not follower%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

jrainer
09-24-09, 10:11
Didin't really have any plans for it's future just would be kinda nice to have an extra if I wanted to. Was more wondering about the quality of the lower. Also this is a FTF transaction so no transfer fee or shipping