PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to replace the front sight ?

Tang419
02-16-07, 11:50
I want to put a railed gas block on mine, and go to a flip-up front sight. Then my next question is, will the flip up sight still work with my A2 sights on my removable carry handle ?

AR-15A3
02-16-07, 16:21
It's not too hard but it's a PITA taking the taper pins of the front sight base, you have to have a big hammer and the correct size pin punch and hit it like you mean it.

Your new flip up sights on your railed gas block should work fine with a detachable carry handle sight or any back up iron sights (BUIS).

The only one that don't work well are the A2 front sight base with flat top upper receivers, you have to get a .040" taller front sight blade to fix the problem.

Robb Jensen
02-16-07, 18:30
I want to put a railed gas block on mine, and go to a flip-up front sight. Then my next question is, will the flip up sight still work with my A2 sights on my removable carry handle ?

If it's a Stag, CMT or S&W barrel don't even try to take the taper pins out. Not are they impossible to remove, they're also put in from the left side instead of the right sight (correct side).