PDA

View Full Version : SBR Build Questions

N2WishN
09-25-09, 09:01
Gentlemen,

I am interested in building my first SBR and I was wondering can I put multiple uppers on the registered lower and if this is able to be done what do I indicate in the length section of the form. I would like to use a 14.5", 11.5", and a 7" upper all on the same lower.

Any information you guys can provide will be great.

Thanks!

LockenLoad
09-25-09, 15:04
I would call BATFE just to be safe twice :D

erik_
09-25-09, 21:02
You can own various lengths for your registered lower. List all three barrel lengths and all three overall lengths on your form.

Conversely, you could register the lower using one length (11.5" perhaps), then write a separate letter to the BATFE stating that you will be using it with other barrels and their corresponding lengths.

As LockenLoad said, Call the NFA branch if you have any questions. The nice ladies in WV are there to answer your questions. If they don't know the answer, they'll patch your call through to someone who does.

Iraqgunz
09-26-09, 02:02
I believe this has been covered before and the consensus was that you can put 10.5" and that will allow you to use anything that size and larger.

I may be wrong.

eodinert
09-27-09, 20:26
Not an expert.

I've been hearing that Form 1's with multiple lengths and/or calibers are getting kicked back.

Pick a length and caliber and go with it. You can put whatever upper you want on it. If you ever sell the upper that puts the gun in the configuration on the form 1, send the ATF a note.