PDA

View Full Version : Belleville Boots

impure
09-25-09, 17:34
Hey guys, I am looking into getting me a set of good cold weather boots and loved the Belleville 675 ST cold weather boots

http://www.militaryboots.com/belleville-mens-675st-cold-weather-steel-toe-boots.html

Have you guys used any of their boots? If so what do you think, I was going to get Danners but love the look of the Belleville's. They will be used for short hikes and for splitting wood this winter up in the mountains, it does not get too cold here compared to RTC Great Lakes but my current setup does not suffice for winter warmth, work or waterproofing.

Thanks,
Floyd

Ak44
09-25-09, 23:45
I generally stay away from steel toe boots for cold climates. It's a good way to get some cooooold toes. I had a pair of belleville's in the Corps, not the greatest imo. Danner's are nice especially when they came out with their first gen USMC boots with the long toe area, not the new ones where the laces go all the way down. Why not try some good hiking boots at REI? Do you need military style boots? I wore Converse boots in Iraq and they were great (they have a hard reinforced toe that's not steel but just as good). Also invest in some good socks like smartwool. Good luck, I hope you find the right boot! :cool:

impure
09-26-09, 00:48
Sweet thanks for the info man, I guess I want military style boots because my Navy issue Bates have lasted through so much and everyone knows Bates isn't the best boot maker! I'll check out the Converse as well...I have heard real good things about them but will probably settle on the Danner thanks man.

Floyd

Ak44
09-26-09, 00:59
Not a problem if you can try some boots on before you purchase that would be ideal, try them on in the afternoon or evening when you've walked around and your feet have slightly swelled. You could probably buy a pair of Danners and a pair of Converses without breaking the bank.