PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Appreciation

parishioner
09-25-09, 22:56
I know moderating can be a thankless job so I just wanted to show a little support and appreciation for the hard work you guys put in to make this a nice place to hang out.

Your work doesn't go unnoticed.

Thanks.

88redryder88
09-26-09, 03:12
I give my thanks too. :cool:

SeriousStudent
09-26-09, 09:55
Moderator's Motto: "Only we can prevent train wrecks."

:D

One thing in particular that I appreciate, is the responsiveness. Over the years, I have asked technical questions via PM to several mods here, and received insightful answers in return. That'sa kind donation of their time to an old fossil like me.

(I did use the search first)

Thank you, gents. :)

John_Wayne777
09-26-09, 17:39
It's nice to be appreciated. :D

The moderators and staff here at M4C are a pretty interesting group of individuals. I've had the pleasure of meeting most of the guys behind the screen names at one point or another and believe it or not they're all pretty cool guys. I'm continually amazed by how much these guys know about a wide range of technical subjects related to firearms. Sitting in a room full of mods and staffers and simply listening to the conversation is interesting. You're almost guaranteed to walk away learning something.

It's a pretty diverse group. There are regular joes with an interest in the use of firearms for serious social purposes, law enforcement officers with responsibilities ranging from narc taskforce duty to firearms instructors to SWAT officers, and exceptionally experienced members of the military and PMC communities.

Whatever their background, all of them share a similar vision of promoting an environment where good information on firearms, accessories, training, and tactics is readily available for the seeker of knowledge. The input of our Subject Matter Experts, Industry Professionals, and some exceptionally knowledgeable posters (who don't always get a formal classification on the site but are nevertheless add exceptional value to the forum) is invaluable to achieving that goal. They are, in my opinion, the real draw on this site. The quality of the information, the level of experience of many of the contributors, and the plethora of excellent training opportunities advertised here had me hooked from day 1.

Being asked to help moderate the forum and protect the environment that nurtures what I value in the site was flattering and humbling at the same time. Flattering because of the vote of confidence such a request represents, and humbling because of the level of responsibility that kind of position represents.

The mission of M4C is ambitious. Providing an environment where honest to God gunfighters and armed professionals can interact with enthusiasts and complete newbies while preserving a collegial environment that nevertheless values experience and expertise above all else isn't easy. It's a real balancing act that hopefully we manage to pull off most of the time....hopefully enough so that those individuals who make this site valuable keep coming back to share, discuss, and enlighten.