PDA

View Full Version : Asap Questions

Matt2124
09-26-09, 00:40
Ok guys I got a ASAP and the "smith" I had install it put it over my stock plate and tighten the castle nut ontop of both of them. I knew this was wrong, but I was waiting till I got my Mil-Spec buffer tube until I tried to remedied this. Well tonight I put the the new milspec buffer tube on and installed the ASAP but could not ever get the little lock key block thingy to stay seated while I was trying to tighten the castle nut. My question is do I REALLY need this piece. I know, I know if its included its needed but does it really have to be installed?

Matt

Ak44
09-26-09, 00:47
It really is a pain the butt to install the small locking block in, I would follow the instructions. If it says it needs to go in, then it needs to go in. Try holding the lower facing down and let gravity hold the block down, either that or tweezers.

Iraqgunz
09-26-09, 02:17
What was the issue? I installed one on one of my carbines and had no issues at all. If it was moving around trying putting a little grease on it to hold it in place.

Ok guys I got a ASAP and the "smith" I had install it put it over my stock plate and tighten the castle nut ontop of both of them. I knew this was wrong, but I was waiting till I got my Mil-Spec buffer tube until I tried to remedied this. Well tonight I put the the new milspec buffer tube on and installed the ASAP but could not ever get the little lock key block thingy to stay seated while I was trying to tighten the castle nut. My question is do I REALLY need this piece. I know, I know if its included its needed but does it really have to be installed?

Matt

Ga Shooter
09-26-09, 19:52
I turned both of my lowers upside down and held at a 45 degree down slope and dropped it in place 2 tries on the first and 1 try on the second. Hope this helps.

Robb Jensen
09-26-09, 20:04

Matt

This should be a big hint to never go to that guy again.
It's not really hard to install, a little tricky on some guns.

RogerinTPA
09-26-09, 21:13

Matt

Jeez....I would never go back to that MOFO. The instructions are fairly simple. I installed one sitting on the couch, while watching a movie one sunday afternoon.

Matt2124
09-29-09, 06:18
Hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread work, and my girls bday kicked my but the last couple of days. Thanks for all the input here. The biggest problem I had was trying to keep the new spikes receiver extension from rotating when tightening the castle nut. What would happen is that I'd place the key in the cutout and begin to tighten the castle nut. Then the receiver extension would rotate left and when I moved it back the key(block) would fall out and i was back to square one. In the process while I was trying to do it at work I lost the milspec key and the commerical seemed to work and I still have it. I'm going to give it a shot again soon.

Thanks again
Matt