PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Diagnostic Course, Quantico VA 17-18Mar07

Pat_Rogers
02-17-07, 08:08
WHAT: Dean Caputo AR15/M16 Operator's Diagnostic Course
WHEN: 17-18 March 2007, (Saturday and Sunday)
WHERE: Quantico Shooting Club, Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA
COST: $250
REGISTRATION: To register, or for more information on this course, visit the QSC website info@quanticoshootingclub.com
Payment in full to QSC, Inc, Box 212, Quantico, VA 22134

Dean Caputo, Colt Factory Authorized Armorer Instructor, designed this 2 day course for the operator/shooter of the M16/AR15 (type) weapon system. This is NOT an armorers course. It is designed to help prevent problems before they become armorer problems. Most problems with the AR system do not need an armorers attention if you understand the system and know a few things.

This class will enable you to completely understand how to keep this weapon system up and running. He will cover all variants within the family of M16/AR15 (type) weapons. Upon completion of the course you will know the proper maintenance, care, and repair of this weapon system including semi-auto and select fire trigger systems.

Pat Rogers did an excellent overview of this class in the November 2006 issue of S.W.A.T. magazine.

Pat_Rogers
03-04-07, 22:52
This class is full

Pat_Rogers
03-13-07, 05:58
Meet up at the QSC club house parking lot at 0730 and convoy down to the classroom. (Directions at http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/qsc.php?view=directions) Figure on 0800-1700 both days.

Student will need to bring:

1) His/Her M16/AR15 type rifle & magazines

2) White towel to work on

3) Paper/pencil/pen

4) Large/long flat bladed screwdriver

5) 1/8” punch

6) Small hammer

Pat_Rogers
03-19-07, 08:55
This was another great Caputo class. Dean is a dynamic instructor, and is non PC. Ask a straight question and get a straight answer.
We had 29 students, including 12 mil. Several other USG, cops and average earth people made up the rest of the class.

Considering the amount of dis information, propaganda and myths floating around the various websites, it is no surprise at the number of gun issues that surface in any class.
We staked 7 BC's, and reamed out 14 chambers.A student removed a BCG from his bushamster that was apperently a shoemakers attempt to convert it from M16 to AR 15.

While functional, the fit and finish crowd would have coniptions if this was on the ouside instead of in.
Dean will be back in VA 2x before the year is out- once more at Quantico and once in Winchester.

Wayne Dobbs
03-19-07, 09:16
Sounds like more quality and straight shooting information, Pat.

We still want Dean's class in TX and are willing to do what we need to make it happen. We'll even let you return as long as your Yankee passport's still good!

Pat_Rogers
03-19-07, 09:37
Hey- I lived in South Brooklyn and now live in northern VA. There is an irony here....
Dean only has soooo much time that he can dedicate to this, and he is running out of days in 07.
We tried to do it in Brady, but apparently would have needed to burn cow pies to illuminate the projevtor and albino cows for a screen, so it didn't work.

Aubrey was working something, but if you want a double team of Dean and Pat it may be doable....

Dean slays a lot of sacred cows....

I ages will be up in Alumni later today.

Submariner
03-19-07, 13:39
Dean slays a lot of sacred cows....

So folks don't have to smell sacred cow pies.;)

His class now costs less than a case of good (or even bad) ammo. What I learned kept me from spending money unnecessarily or save it by simply by buying right the first time, permitting me to "spend ... money on bullets and practice."

Pat_Rogers
03-19-07, 17:21
Brother Paul- there were a number of people in this class that would agree with you!

This should be a mandatory attendence thing.
Oh yeah, wait. Then there would be less errornet babble.
Silly me...

FJB
03-19-07, 21:45
Pat,
Glad there was some good USMC representation in the class. I am sure that Dean slayed some more sacred cows. If I had my way Dean's class would be mandatory for all Basic School Lts, Sgts Course students, and SNCO Academy classes. Then again I make it mandatory for all Lts to attend a five day EAG Tactical Carbine class (you'd never have to leave NOVA), but this is just me and why I have P.O.'d so many at WTBN.

S/F