PDA

View Full Version : Buffers?

Semper Paratus
02-17-07, 13:26
Ok guys I'm a M4 Cherry. With Grant's help I'm building my first faux M4. 16 " barrel and A2 stock. I'm just a little guy 6'4" 240# with arms like a gorilla and with my limited experience the collapsable stocks don't do too well by me. Inability to get a cheek weld inconsistent head placement mashing my nose with the charging handle etc. I like the A2 stock better thatn the A1 but am not convinced that my carbine will stay with the A2 stock. Are there any buffer options with the A2 stock? Or am I stuck with the rifle buffer? Are the receiver extensions different diameters so a rifle stock cannot accomodate an H2 buffer? Finally what collapsable stocks are out there that will give me A2 LOP plus maybe 1/2" to 1" extra length? I appreciate your input on these questions. Once Grant gets my upper to me I will post a photo and give the detailed run down as well as a range report.

Snake RAH
02-17-07, 22:39
Are there any buffer options with the A2 stock?

I don't think so. A Rifle length buffer works just fine with a carbine upper.

Or am I stuck with the rifle buffer?

Yes.

Are the receiver extensions different diameters so a rifle stock cannot accomodate an H2 buffer?

Yes. Carbine buffers are shorter because they go in shorter tubes.

Finally what collapsable stocks are out there that will give me A2 LOP plus maybe 1/2" to 1" extra length?

A M4 stock, fully extended, is longer than an A2 by about that. The Magpul M93 series also can be that long.

tikkafan
02-18-07, 01:07
How much does a rifle buffer weigh anyway? I just sold one, that was gathering dust never bother to weigh it.

You could always fill it with lead.

Grant will hook you up with a M-16 bolt carrier. You should be fine.