PDA

View Full Version : HK45 Articles

VA_Dinger
07-03-06, 23:25
Lets just say that I'm very interested in the new HK45 & HK45C. I found links to these articles off Larry's website (www.vickerstactical.com). I thought you guys would find them interesting.

Shotgun news article by Mr. David Fortier:
http://www.vickerstactical.com/articles/ShotgunNews.pdf

Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement magazine article by the one and only Mr. Ken Hackathorn:
http://www.vickerstactical.com/articles/GW%20HK45s.pdf

So far, so good. I cannot wait for HK to release them.

ArchAngel
07-04-06, 00:20
You aren't the only one!

I like the full-sized HK 45. It would fit well into my collection.

Good articles.

I had read the GWLE but not the other.

Thanks for the link.

Ice Cream Man
07-04-06, 06:01
Thanks for posting the articles.

I'm looking forward to them also.

M4arc
07-04-06, 08:40
Those are great articles and I too am really looking forward to the new HK45s.

I don't know if I'll get one or if they'll make me switch from my beloved GLOCKs but I'll give the new HK45 a thorough look.

DrMark
07-04-06, 09:27
I'm really looking forward to their release.

SWAT OPERATOR
07-04-06, 09:39
I own two H&K Tactical USP .45 ACP, full size, and H&K Mark 23 .45 ACP, full size. Real nice handguns. I use it for duty / off duty. Only thing that I don't like is plastic frame and it get all bang up. On the handle and frame gets nicks and scratches. My gun is use everyday plus training, it has wear and tear ! Both of my guns provides accuracy and never had a gun jam ! The gun price is alot, but worth the price ! So, if you want to buy H&K compact .45 ACP it's worth the price !

Razoreye
07-04-06, 13:51
Ever since I read that Shotgun news article I've been counting down the days. I can't wait.

Gun-nut
07-04-06, 16:19
I hadn't seen either of these articles, both were good reading.
I now have another pistol to add to my wish list.

VA_Dinger
07-05-06, 01:56
A few photos I found:

HK45C:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/HK45-Compact.jpg

HK45 w/optional threaded barrel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/HK45-right.jpg

Nitrox
07-05-06, 17:54
I hope Walther is getting royalties.

I wonder if it tastes like mustard too?

DrMark
07-05-06, 19:34
A few photos I found:

HK45C:

HK45 w/optional threaded barrel:

Next time, see if you can find some close-ups! :eek:

LOL!

Seriously, those are by far the best pictures I've seen. Thanks!

VA_Dinger
07-07-06, 11:06
:D

I knew you guys would like DETAILED photos.

You can certainly tell they are getting tested thoroughly by the wear show in these photos.

1911Gunner
07-07-06, 18:00
Any idea what the price of these weapons will be yet? Not that I really care...I'm going to get a full size :p

M4arc
07-07-06, 18:06
Dinger, did you take my copy of Shotgun news?

Oh and by the way; damn you for making me want these again :mad:

MAP
07-07-06, 18:14
It looks like a Novak cut for thr rear sight. Where did the photos come from?

Mike

VA_Dinger
07-08-06, 06:38
It looks like a Novak cut for thr rear sight. Where did the photos come from?

Mike

They came from the Shotgun News article.

I just found bigger versions.

crowkiller
07-11-06, 15:04
Thanks for the pics and info.I will own one to give my USP 45 a buddy.It is what the USP should have been in my opinion.

Sam
07-11-06, 17:00
It's sad to say that there are fingergrooves and palm swell on the next generation of prototype.

Somebody posted a picture of the latest prototype and it has fingergrooves.

Latest generation.

http://www.hkpro.com/hk45v1.jpg

VA_Dinger
07-11-06, 17:21
Finger Groves?

I sure as hell hope they never see production.

Why in the hell don't they just leave the damn thing alone and start producing them?

I will still be buying one though.

Sam, thanks for the photo and update.

DrMark
07-11-06, 18:26
Finger Groves?

I sure as hell hope they never see production.

Why in the hell don't they just leave the damn thing alone and start producing them?

Sam, thanks for the photo and update.

...couldn't have said it better myself.

Gun-nut
07-11-06, 20:53
I was ready to stand in line for one of these until I saw the pic with the finger grooves. What a bummer.

VA_Dinger
07-12-06, 09:36
While I’m certainly no fan of finger groves, I will have to be honest and admit that even the Glock versions are a non-issue for me. Yes I dislike them while just holding my G19 in my hand, but that feeling goes away when actually shooting the pistol. They just disappear.

I had seriously considered having them removed by Bowie Tactical Concepts, but shit canned the idea because of this. I figured since they do not bother me while shooting why spend the money?

If the HK45 finger groves really & truly are an issue for you I’m sure Bowie could remove them relatively cheaply. I actually thought it might be a good idea to have them texture the HK45 frame in the first place after seeing the mild texturing in the photos I posted up. I have seen some photos of the great job they do on Glock frames. It’s certainly a better idea than the skateboard tape kit I have on my Glock’s now.

I plan on sending my Crimson Trace grips off to get this done when they arrive.

Just my 2 cents.

I will still be buying both the HK45 & HK45C when they arrive.

Razoreye
07-12-06, 10:48
I'd rather have without finger grooves, the first model looked better. I'll have to handle one later when they come out to see how I like it. All in all, it still looks good but that may be a deal breaker right there. Just have to see.

VA_Dinger
07-12-06, 10:53
Dinger, did you take my copy of Shotgun news?

Oh and by the way; damn you for making me want these again :mad:

Yes, I have your Shotgun News issue with the HK45 article. No, you are not getting it back.

My dog ate it.

M4arc
07-12-06, 11:45
Yes, I have your Shotgun News issue with the HK45 article. No, you are not getting it back.

My dog ate it.

Keep it. If I get it back and I'm forced to look at it I might have to buy one or both. Out of sight, out of mind...

DrMark
07-12-06, 17:55
If I get it back and I'm forced to look at it I might have to buy one or both. Out of sight, out of mind...

Nah, we'll remind you.

olds442tyguy
07-12-06, 18:03
I'm not as concerned with the finger grooves as I am the new flared out grip. If you look closely, HK bloated the grip's side panels out, and not in a good 1911 feel kind of way. Finger grooves are a sure fire way to make sure your handgun only appeals to one hand size, but I think HK is just pissed that 95% of USP owners use Hogue's for both looks and/or comfort.

I'm also scared with the mag release actually extending into the trigger guard. The mag release button is actually sitting higher than the top lip of the trigger guard, and I can't help but wonder if the person who came up with that concept has ever even shot a gun.

It looks to me like someone made a good handgun bad. If Modularity was the key, why make the front strap user specific and non changeable. I hope they left alot of meat in that frame, as I'd be doing what ever I could to get rid of that palm swell and the finger grooves.

Boo! (Don't mock me if I still buy one though.) :p

M4arc
07-12-06, 18:03
Nah, we'll remind you.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?:mad:

ArchAngel
07-12-06, 18:26
Eww, that changes things a bit. :(

As with the previous posters, they've ruined what looks to be a good thing.

Now the truth will come in the handling. It sure has taken the blind want of one out.

I could do with out the SpiderMan-ish texturing on the grips as well. Maybe my son will like it when he grows up...?

It's hard to understand HK and their policies...

S-1
07-21-06, 19:54
I was eagerly awaiting the HK45 until the finger groove pic. I hope the production model doesn't have them.

I can't stand Glocks and their finger grooves. I was going to going to cheat on my beloved Sigs and try the HK45, maybe not now.

Face_N_The_Crowd
07-26-06, 13:43
<-- (scrathes head)

I have loosely followed this for a while.... if memory serves me it was going to emulate the positive features of a 1911....

One of the biggest knocks against an HK - grip angle / bore axis...

While far from proof positive, from the pics it would sure seem like the grip angle / bore axis is classic HK, infact if you remove your 1911 from your hip, depress your grip saftey and align the radius for the grip safety with the big pics on page one there is about a 10 degree difference. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge?

As for grooves, you can always grind them off. I would want some better stippling... plastic can be slick

Thanks