PDA

View Full Version : Colt/Umarex Plunger, Paddle, Paper Weight

C4IGrant
09-30-09, 08:55
Apparently a dealer on GB is not real pleased with the quality of the Umarex/Walther .22's. :D

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140641947

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140387169

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140382362

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141283218

I would have to agree with their assessment of these .22's.

C4

Oscar 319
09-30-09, 09:34
That's funny. Are they really that bad? My son has been begging me for one.

This is a Colt marked, licensed product. I am representing this as a paperweight only. This a non reliable functioning legal firearm. We are selling under the pretense that you clearly understand these are trash. We have several versions for sale. This is a flat top, removable Carry handle version of the Colt paperweight, featuring two useless 30 round magazines to not feed any ammo reliably into this collapsable stocked PAPERWEIGHT. No shipping charges to lower 47 states. No sales to California. No extra fees for credit card. As you can tell we have no love for these .22lr rifles. It's a shame Colt even lets their name be put on these. Good Luck. Have fun and buy better paperweights!!!!!!

C4IGrant
09-30-09, 09:50
That's funny. Are they really that bad? My son has been begging me for one.

They really are that bad. Yes, someone will come along and tell you that their's runs "flawless", but as a whole, they suck.

Buy him a S&W. They are running fantastic.

C4

rmecapn
09-30-09, 10:39
That is my local dealer. He is not pleased. He took these back from some very dissatisfied customers. It is unfortunate, as the Colt name on these is what sold them. By the time I had scoured the forums on these and realized what a piece of junk they were, he had already sold them. He's a good dealer. He reminds me of Grant, as he offers excellent CS and is true to his word.

Personally, I hope it comes back to haunt Colt. Of course, BCM and DD will probably haunt them as much as anything. :D

ETA: This pretty much sums up the issue:

Check out our other fine selection of Umarex guns returned by people who were dumb enough to think they could spend their hard earned money on a Colt gun and have it work. Silly hard working Americans. We gladly refunded their money so we could lose hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Thanks Colt.

C4IGrant
09-30-09, 10:53
That is my local dealer. He is not pleased. He took these back from some very dissatisfied customers. It is unfortunate, as the Colt name on these is what sold them. By the time I had scoured the forums on these and realized what a piece of junk they were, he had already sold them. He's a good dealer. He reminds me of Grant, as he offers excellent CS and is true to his word.

Personally, I hope it comes back to haunt Colt. Of course, BCM and DD will probably haunt them as much as anything. :D

ETA: This pretty much sums up the issue:

Tell him that I like his auctions! Hell, I am thinking about buying one (that donates to the WWF) and seeing if I can make it run. We have A LOT of experience with making .22 AR's run. :D

C4

MarshallDodge
09-30-09, 10:55
I learned a long time ago that Colt makes some good products but unfortunately not everything they put their name on is good to go.

austinN4
09-30-09, 11:45
Those are some funny listings. What is amazing is that they have multiple bidders that have run the prices up even after all of the disclosures.

bulbvivid
09-30-09, 11:51
I've seen a couple of these at the local range.

One guy let me shoot his, and you had to hold at the mag well so you could hold the mag in to get it to feed. If you did that, though, it would run OK.

Another guy showed up with one after he had just bought it, pulled it out of the box and loaded some mags and went to shooting. It would shoot the first five to seven or so in the mag and then quit feeding.

Not a big sample, but you would think they would do a little better than that.

I think Colt/Walther/Umarex should blame it on the ammo or the shooter and then come out with a manual to show you how to hold your tongue right to get it to shoot reliably.

rifleman2000
10-01-09, 13:52
Wow. That is pretty funny. I am glad I did not buy one, because I thought about it.

03humpalot
10-01-09, 14:19
I must have got the one rifle that actualy runs, those adds however are hi-lar-ious:D

nutnless220
10-01-09, 14:33
We need more of these tell it like it is FFL dealers.

Great way to send a message to manufacturers who put out junk...