PDA

View Full Version : Non-FFL shipping to FFL?

rmecapn
09-30-09, 10:30
Is it legal for a non-FFL holder to ship to a FFL for transfer to another non-FFL? I have some lowers I would like to sell, but would prefer not incurring the additional cost of using an FFL on this end, if possible.

Voodoochild
09-30-09, 11:30
It is legal and possible you just have to make sure that the FFL on the receiveing end will allow incoming FFL items from a non FFL. Some are ok with it and some are not kind of 50/50. Best bet is to call the receiving FFL and make sure he/she is ok with it.

11Bravo
09-30-09, 13:33
You have IM. :cool:

dbrowne1
09-30-09, 13:55
Is it legal for a non-FFL holder to ship to a FFL for transfer to another non-FFL? I have some lowers I would like to sell, but would prefer not incurring the additional cost of using an FFL on this end, if possible.

Yes, you can do that for both long guns and handguns as far as the law is concerned. That's the whole reason why the GCA of 1968 created FFL dealers - to facilitate interstate transfers.

As already noted, check with the receiving FFL on their policy. Some won't do it, other will do it but require that the "sender" enclose a copy of his driver's license so that the dealer has something to put in his file alongside the entry in his bound book that reflects where the gun came from to show the ATF inspectors.